PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had twins naturally?

fish2012
March 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM
So I was hoping for a home birth, twins have put a stop to that but wondered if anyone had good experiences to share of hospital twin births ideally no epidural!

Anyone!!

thehappypixi
March 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
A friend of mine did, they were her first born. I was fascinated but honestly sounded like a fairly typical birth, just another one came out about half an hour later! Definitely go for it, are you in the uk?

Northern_Shutterbug
March 21st, 2013, 06:30 PM
There have been two on OBEM that were natural and no problems. A friend also had twin boys naturally and they were over 6lb each and came quite close to the due date (she's tiny too at 5'5"!). I don't know how she did it!!!

I think you need a very supportive midwife and consultant team, but I'd certainly be pushing for a natural birth. I know emergency c-sections are obviously more traumatic, but you could get one of those with a singleton birth, so at least by trying a normal delivery you have more of a chance if getting one!

BabyGirl4Me
March 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
I know there was one set of twins I went to school with where one was born in the AM the other PM. It can happen, especially if you've had prior issue free births. I would let your caregiver know you have a strong desire for a vaginal delivery. You may want to hire a doula for added support. Good luck and please keep us posted!!

Atsaukina1
March 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
my midwife here in the US has done several many twins homebirths. def. can do vaginal if the hossy and docs allow you.

1+2+3boys
March 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Mine were not despite me wanting it so much and it still makes me sad.
Twin A was breech and Twin B Transverse so there was no way it was going to happen :(
I have joined a FB support group called Naturally Parenting Twins and it's amazing. It's a support group for Mums with twins or pregnant twin Mums who like to do things naturally or who attachment parent. I soooo wish I knew about this group before as they may have had more info on how to turn babies. I'm sure there will be a wealth of knowledge for you and many Women there have had natural twin births.

Here is a link, let me know if you have any trouble being added or if you are not on facebook they have a website too, just search it :) .

http://www.facebook.com/groups/54450817066/

Congrats btw. How many weeks are you and do you know if it's one or two placentas? I had one and they were born at 35 +1 weeks and at least I got to go into labour naturally. I'm now going for one more child as was going to sway for number 3 but 2 ended up being 2 and 3! I love my twinnies so much :)

Boymomsrock
March 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Yes, me. They were super easy too. Twin a born in 2 pushes (5 lbs 4oz) twin b four minutes later (7lbs 2oz). She was willing to let me try even if twin b was breech which he was up until about 2 weeks before I delivered!

1+2+3boys
March 30th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Yes, me. They were super easy too. Twin a born in 2 pushes (5 lbs 4oz) twin b four minutes later (7lbs 2oz). She was willing to let me try even if twin b was breech which he was up until about 2 weeks before I delivered!

Lucky you, my first birth was all natural and quick and I knew I would have no trouble birthing twins as long as I got the chance. I still get a little jealous when I here of twins Mums who got to birth naturally. I was going to say no to the epidural too. Oh well, over that now and just focusing on my 3 wonderful boys and hopefully I will get to VBAC with our last and not have to be constantly monitored

1+2+3boys
March 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I just re-read this post and had not noticed your signature the first time I read it. I'm so sorry that you lost one of your twins. I can not imagine the sadness I would have felt if that had happened to me. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and a healthy baby xo

Boymomsrock
April 1st, 2013, 11:39 PM
Oh no fish! I'm so so sorry. :( major hugs.