PDA

View Full Version : Genesis for the first time

ssaver
March 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Hello,

We are going to Cyprus to Genesis next week, 28th. We have planned all to be done in first week of april. At the moment my wife is receiving Menopur for 5 days already.
Can somebody give me more details how it looks next ? Most important is about these procedures on eggs collection and return. Is it painful ? Is it under anaestetic ?

Thanks,
ssaver

lisvna
March 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hi welcome!
No it's not painful at all! It's under aneastetic so she doesn't feel anything. Embryo transfer is not under aneastetic but it doesn't hurt. You feel a little bit that they do things but it isn't painful.

Good luck! And please keep us updated! :fingers:

desperate4blue
March 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Hello,

We are going to Cyprus to Genesis next week, 28th. We have planned all to be done in first week of april. At the moment my wife is receiving Menopur for 5 days already.
Can somebody give me more details how it looks next ? Most important is about these procedures on eggs collection and return. Is it painful ? Is it under anaestetic ?

Thanks,
ssaver

Hi there. All the best for your trip. Please advise where you are from and how many children you have already. I also wish to go to genesis too so please keep me posted as to how your journey goes? How is your wife feeling whilst taking the meds have these been prescribed by genesis? Also where are you staying in cyprus and if you dont mind me asking are you making the payment in cash or transfer. How many weeks are you staying? So nice to learn from someone who's also in the same boat! Hope to hear from u soon.

ssaver
March 26th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Hi there. All the best for your trip. Please advise where you are from and how many children you have already. I also wish to go to genesis too so please keep me posted as to how your journey goes? How is your wife feeling whilst taking the meds have these been prescribed by genesis? Also where are you staying in cyprus and if you dont mind me asking are you making the payment in cash or transfer. How many weeks are you staying? So nice to learn from someone who's also in the same boat! Hope to hear from u soon.

We have one child, girl. She was ok whilst taking meds, except crying for a few days without reasons. We are staying in Cyprus for 10 days, and will be probably paying in cash. Will keep you posted

star123
March 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hi

I am new to this site and looking into having IVF / PDG in another country. We are looking at Genesis in Limasol, Cyprus too and wanted to ask a few, probably silly, questions.

Firstly, did Genesis suggest some local clinics in your area for pre care? If not, how did you find a suitable place to have your bloodwork, scans to be taken?

What medications are required to be taken and how are they taken (i.e. by needle into which part of the body)? Where did you buy the meds from?

From your initial contact with Genesis how long was it till you will receive treatment?

Does Genesis provide a phone call consultation to determine your suitability for treatment?

I've leave it for now and I'm sure I will have more questions soon.

Petal
March 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hi all,

Im just back from Genesis last month, I didn't get pregnant unfortunately but the staff and clinic are all lovely!!

I had my pre testing done at a near by spire hospital through blue horizon blood tests and the scan through babybond.

Genesis send you all the meds via fed ex so no need to figure out how to get them yourself, the meds are injections, some go in the stomach and some in the buttock.

You can email genesis and arrange a phone consult with dr Savvas if you wish.

You are given a general aneastetic so its painless, and egg transfer you are awake but don't feel any pain either. You are in good hands, the nurses that take care of you are so kind and caring :-)
I booked my treatment 6 months in advance but im sure it can be arranged within 2 months or so.

Good luck to you both!

hopeful13
April 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Petal, how long before you travelled over did you start the meds?
Thanks

Tringa
April 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Greetings from
Limassol!

I am 42 and got my sons 38 and 41 years os. I am now trying a girl at the age of 43 years.

We have had an exciting trip here! I only got two eggs, and in my country they said it was crazy to travel to Cypros with the result. Mr Savvas got one healthy blastocyst and it was transferred in the day six. The transfer was done three days ago. I have had one crump in the stomache and other feelings just like in the earlier pregnances. I am rather hopeful at the moment. I will do the test in next Saturday. However, it is 100 % a girl. It will be busy years, if we succeed :)

Fingers crossed!

HelsBells
April 27th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Good luck Tringa and all the others cycling soon!

lisvna
April 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Tringa good luck! :fingers: for a BFP!

desperate4blue
April 27th, 2013, 06:12 PM
All the best Tringa and keep us ladies posted. Ul be an inspiration to those who also want to travel to genesis.

ever hopeful
April 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Really good luck, Tringa. Will keep everything firmly crossed for you for Saturday x

desperate4blue
April 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hi Ever hopeful

Can I ask if u are looking to cycle at genesis too?

nuthinbutpink
April 29th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Good luck Tringa and ssaver would you like a Cycle Sticky so we may follow you?

ever hopeful
April 30th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Hi Ever hopeful

Can I ask if u are looking to cycle at genesis too?

Hi D4Blue, I cycled at Genesis in November and got a BFP, good BETA's etc. but sadly had a m/c at 9 weeks. Was pretty hard as I had such easy pregnancies with my boys, so thought I'd got over the difficult hurdles getting to that stage! Hey ho, it wasn't meant to be. At the moment sitting on the fence between going to HRC (DH left a sample last week so I can cycle alone) or going back to Cyprus, given that Savvas did get me pg against the odds. Whichever I do, I will do a tandem DE/my egg cycle. Need to decide in the next few days though, because of DE's. Good luck with your forthcoming cycle. x

mojos
April 30th, 2013, 05:07 AM
good luck Tringa, we all know it takes one. hope this is it for you:fx:

star123
May 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
All the best. Fingers crossed. x

tomboy?
May 15th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Trying,
Did u get a BFP?
We're rooting for u!

WantingAgirl
May 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Hello! Just came across this forum :) I have had three cycles of PGD with Dr. Rainsbury and the Genises clinic, all in the space of one year.
The first two failed, but the third cycle finally worked after putting back three embryos. Had first scan on Friday and it showed I'm pregnant with one. Having said that, i'm only 6 wks 2 days, so it's still very early stage. Good luck and Best wishes

Dream blue
May 20th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Excellent news WAG I wish you all the best, I too am pregnant with gneiss x

Petal
May 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Great news WAG, huge congratulations!! we will add you to our stats!!! please come over to our genesis thread!!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/international-ht-family-balancing/29366-cycling-genesis-south-cyprus.html
x

WantingAgirl
May 23rd, 2013, 03:08 AM
Thank you Petal! Will see you over there ;-)

WantingAgirl
May 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
I get the message that I do not have permission to access the page... Pls help thnx