PDA

View Full Version : New here and need support

dwalker829
March 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I am new here and don't really know where to begin. I have 3 children now: dd is 9 and two ds who are 6&5. I am currently pg with #4 and really really want a girl. My dd is wonderful but isn't really girly and prefers boyish things and activities. So I don't "feel" as though I have a girl at all. I hope that doesn't seem as terrible to anyone else as what it does to me. I had an early gender u/s the other day and the tech told me he thought it was a boy. I was/am heartbroken. I've always pictured another daughter one day and since this will be my last child I am very disappointed. I feel so ridiculous feeling this way. It shouldn't matter what the child is, right? I should be lucky I get to have children at all. I shouldn't feel this way. I'm secretely hoping that the tech was wrong and it will be a girl. How do I deal with this? HELP!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM
My husband also had GD for a boy after our first two, who are not really super boyish. He was thrilled with DS 3. You aren't alone in that feeling at all. Good luck and I hope the tech is wrong, but even if not I just want you to know that tomboys can turn into girly teens - I wasn't a princess-type little girl but got a lot more feminine in my teens.