PDA

View Full Version : swaying while fasting

gizmo77
April 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
okay i plan to ttc boy in sept this yr. and plan to start boy diet around july. thing is, this august will be the month of fasting where we abstain from food and water from sunrise to sunset. and then eat all you want before sunrise and after sundown.
we do it for about 29 days (a lunar month) with the exception of not doing it while on AF (or sick, unhealthy, etc).

how will this effect my sway? i realize it will do something to blood sugar levels and its pretty close to my sway month. but i just feel guilty bc ive missed the last 3 yrs of fasting due to pregnancy or breastfeeding. i mean id be fine not doing it or maybe doing it once a week or something, but i wonder if i can get around it and still have a good sway? it will end end of aug i think.

any thoughts?

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Might not be a good idea for a boy sway.... you would need a lot of calories and protein. If you stayed up all night and ate 4-6 meals and then BD in the morning then it may work.

lightofmylife
April 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM
i am sorry but i just cud not hold back myself to saying that at the end everything is in God's hand so why not praying and fasting in this sacred month ............. u got a very good chance to fulfill ur wish by praying in this month and praying while fasting is even more good thing..... same case was with me and i have decided to quite September also if u believe in swaying then winter sways blue...................... i dont think fasting is good for swaying coz its skipping our meals which i think sways pink more than anything but solution is not quiting fasting but next month i think rest is on ur choice ... no offence plzz just my thoughts :)

Zivic-Bubac
April 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I've posted similar question yesterday on Gender Swaying board, but it is a diff type of fast. I can eat throughout the day but not meat, dairy, eggs nor fish.
I agree with Lightofmylife, skipping meals sway pink big time. But since your attempt is in Sept and fast is during Aug, IDK, I would fast...I feel guilty too cos I skipped fasts these past few years for the same reasons and I even skipped this 1st week fast bcos of swaying.
Hope Atomic will chime in!

Flava
April 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
There is no way I would do it. It's not like ages away it is the month right before ! It would be like you didn't even swayed. Or you swayed for pink...
We have to do it at least 6 weeks right? ( but I think 6 weeks is to short) anyway if you must do this sway later not in Sept.

begonia
April 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I completely respect and honor religious fasting. So for that reason alone I would encourage you to do your fast. But I also agree with Flava, that you should be doing the diet 6 weeks prior to your attempt, so I would think if you want the best sway possible you might delay your attempt until October. Also, I would be careful not to lose weight during the fast, and when it is an ok time to eat be sure you are getting in the best, most nutritious calories possible with lots of protein, fruits/veg and healthy fats.

My Fabulous Children
April 20th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I think is it better to wait for the 30 days to be over then you can sway.

Good luck!

gizmo77
April 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
thx everyone, not offended by ANY responses..dont worry! thats whyi asked! i dont know if i want to push off my sway month bc id like to deliver before im 35 (whcih is july 2012). i guess oct would be the absolute last month..but then what if i dont get pg sept..so id like to leave oct open as a reserve. i guess id be ok with not fasting again..but its like this time its not for a "valid" reason, you know trying to "play God," (*i* personally dont think this, pls dont take offense to that!!!) or im not actualy pg or bf'ing soo..thats the only thing thats causing guilt. its a personal thing id have to get over tho. im still thinking about it tho and i realy really really want this boy!!!! this may b ethe last child too...

gizmo77
April 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM
on top of that, i AM using praying to help me sway too (spiritually sway!) !!! so its kind of like an oxymoron you know!!!

My Fabulous Children
April 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
You need a valid reasons for not fasting and I think its haram NOT to fast for that reason. I had the same problem when I was ttc in 08' but I DID fast and I started the diet while fasting, but I also continue the diet until Dec 08'.. I did the diet more then 8 weeks.

Also same thing happened last year, but can you try before Sept? :think:

gizmo77
April 20th, 2011, 03:05 PM
You need a valid reasons for not fasting and I think its haram NOT to fast for that reason. I had the same problem when I was ttc in 08' but I DID fast and I started the diet while fasting, but I also continue the diet until Dec 08'.. I did the diet more then 8 weeks.

Also same thing happened last year, but can you try before Sept? :think:

i guess i could try earlier but id have to re-discuss with my husb about timing etc...ugh. itd either be july or oct and on.

was your sway successful while on the diet for 8 weeks?

My Fabulous Children
April 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Yes I had a boy after two girls. I did the diet for a long time more then 8 weeks. I remember I started swaying in Aug 08', I did my first attempt in Dec 08' ,got pregnant the first month we tried.

Good luck on whatever you decide.