PDA

View Full Version : Boys Names - What do u think ?

Mum23boys
March 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
These are the boys names on our short list - would love to see what other people think sounds best with our other children Ellis, Liam and Owen

Thank you in advance

Mum23boys
March 28th, 2013, 09:41 AM
PS Surname is Grant. Middle name will probably be leonard ( hubbys dads middle name ) or if we choose James middle name will be Elliot.

Joshua Leonard Grant
James Elliot Grant
Elliot Leonard Grant
Dylan ? Grant

Wanting-a-girl
March 28th, 2013, 09:44 AM
My brothers name is Joshua and he's very rich and successful lol

Also it's a very nice strong name

Did you find out what you were having?

Southern Butterfly
March 28th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I voted for James. I've always loved that name and I think it goes nicely with your other kids names.

Mum23boys
March 28th, 2013, 09:55 AM
ha ha James is also Hubbys name, Hubbys dads name and his dads dads name !! I just dont like it thats why we have never used it but now on boy 4 (possibly) we have run out of options so it may just need to be a James after all !! ha ha

And no hun we stayed team green - And no clues seen though im sure i saw some white lines but i think it was the angle as ive seen boy scans where you can still see white lines

ynwa
March 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM
ha ha James is also Hubbys name, Hubbys dads name and his dads dads name !! I just dont like it thats why we have never used it but now on boy 4 (possibly) we have run out of options so it may just need to be a James after all !! ha ha

And no hun we stayed team green - And no clues seen though im sure i saw some white lines but i think it was the angle as ive seen boy scans where you can still see white lines
Elliot

Am3a
March 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Love Elliot but think it's too similar to
Ellis. Next fav would be Josh. 🌸

jennaesue
March 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I voted for James but I know you're not too crazy about it. I love Elliot but I think it's too close to Ellis.

Mrs_P
March 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
i like elliot but it maybe too similar to ellis for them growing up, but i do really like James Elliot, its cute but you could still imagine him being something (like a solicitor or a writer) when he's older and its cute its like his daddy. You could also call him James Elliot officially but call him Elliot then that way he'd still have a different separate name from Ellis but you could use both.

although i am also rather fond of Dylan (although i'm biased as ours is rather lovely!)

Yuzu
March 28th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Love Elliot but I agree that it's too close to Ellis. I vote for James. Do you like the name Ian?

Mum23boys
March 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Hi guys thanks for the input - we did worry that Elliot was too close to ellis but wondered if it really mattered - half the time we call liam or owen ellis replies and vice versa so this way if i call elliot and elliot and ellis reply atleast ive got one of them being the right one !! ha ha Plus I did rather embarrassingly stand and shout both names and didnt think outloud they sounded that bad.... Im just not keen on James as much as I hate to say it !! I also liked Lenny for a boy but DH isnt keen. Ive also started a poll over on the name board about Sandy - ale or female name in your opinions ?

Justjessica
March 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I like Joshua and James

sugarplum
March 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hi, I like them all except Elliot. Think they go well with the other names. Good job! Josh is a cute shortening of Joshua, James does sound great with all the other 2 syllable names (even though you might not be keen on it), and Dylan is a really cool name for the 'baby' of the family. Everyone's opinion is different - are we helping or confusing you?!

2lovelyboys
March 29th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I like Dylan and Joshua. My DS2 middle name is James :)

Praying4Pink
March 29th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I like Dylan and I think it goes with the other boys. PS...love Leonard as it is hubby and son's middle name (wink).

fish2012
March 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM
James! I think lovely name xx

bunnywabbit
March 31st, 2013, 08:47 AM
I think Dylan. It goes well with the other boys' names. Dylan James maybe?

luckylass
March 31st, 2013, 04:55 PM
I voted for Dylan but I am bias cause I love that name.