PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a boy name

jennaesue
March 28th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Mum23boys got me thinking about names, lol.

We have pretty much decided on Charles (Charlie) for the new baby. Not so sure about middle name yet, but we are leaning towards Alexander. Miles had been on our list before, but I think dh decided he didn't like it. I took ds3 to the doctor's office on Monday, and the nurse said "is this Milo?" (I guess a Milo had an appointment around the same time) and I thought, wow, that is a really cute name. But I'm not sure if it goes with my other boys' names: Henry, Benjamin, and James (Jamie). We obviously go for the classic names, and Milo seems more trendy, while Charlie would definitely fit with other names. How about Miles and Milo for the nickname? I don't know any Milos....is it popular where you are? And our last name is McGraw - does Milo McGraw sound bad with the double "M" sound?

mommymachine
March 28th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I love Milo! I also love Charlie however Charli is becoming so popular as a girls name. I have not heard of Milo very often.

Mrs_P
March 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I like miles with milo for short but then charlie is cute to maybe you could use them both, one as a forename, one as a middle?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I love Milo. My little guys is Owen Reid O'Connor...two O's. I think the names sound great together. Good luck deciding...

cvd
March 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Ou I like Milo. I have not heard that before and I did pretty much exactly what you did when you first heard it. I think it's a nice name, I like the idea of maybe using Charlie as the middle if you really love it too? Or vice versa! Let us know what decision you come to :)

Justjessica
March 29th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I like both names :)

weeziewoozles
April 2nd, 2013, 04:42 AM
I have a Miles and everyone is always saying what a lovely name it is. I also liked Giles when we were choosing. I think they both sound quite classic! Having said that Charlie is a lovely name. I like it a lot but always wanted more unusual names. At the moment my Miles and Elliott are the only ones we know, which I like. We're thinking of things like Jasper, Monty, Bertie, Arthur, Digby, Xander etc. as they're all pretty rare and old-fashioned sounding IMO. Good luck choosing!!! I think we're leaning towards Jasper at the moment!

iluvmy4sons
April 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
One of my friends named there son Milo he is two now. I like it.

Mum23boys
April 3rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
I like charlie it was the name we had for Owen before we changed our minds. That or Oliver but Milo to me as cute as it is sounds more like a dog or one of the tweenies but thats just me. Miles however is cute and sounds greatw ith your other boys though top choice would be CHARLES. Good luck decidng - we still have NO idea.

Rosie85
April 3rd, 2013, 08:55 AM
This ds3 was actually going to be a miles/milo until 20 weeks along. I just suddenly felt a connection to Theodore instead but I totally love milo, I adore that name. Charlie is a great name too. I think Charlie fits better with the other boys names but I'm not one to get all matchy like that so I would probably choose miles over it. I have a Samuel, Declan and soon a Theodore...people always comment how they don't go...haha.

jennaesue
April 4th, 2013, 09:04 AM
This ds3 was actually going to be a miles/milo until 20 weeks along. I just suddenly felt a connection to Theodore instead but I totally love milo, I adore that name. Charlie is a great name too. I think Charlie fits better with the other boys names but I'm not one to get all matchy like that so I would probably choose miles over it. I have a Samuel, Declan and soon a Theodore...people always comment how they don't go...haha.

I actually REALLY wanted to name this baby Theodore, but my dh absolutely refuses. :( I think Teddy is would be absolutely adorable for a baby/ little boy, and then Ted or Theo or the full name is great for an adult. But my dh won't even consider it.

Rosie85
April 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
What a bummer jennaesue! I think teddy is great too and I love theo for when he is older. I am excited to use it! Too bad your dh won't budge. Charlie and miles are really really great too though!

Am3a
April 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Milo is very popular where I am... As a drink, not a boys name. I used to think Milo from Milo and Otis was named after the drink!

Maybe chocolate Milo is just an Australian thing!?

There was an actor named Milo on the Gilmore Girls who was really cute!

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I LOVE LOVE the name Milo. We talked about it for Marshall but felt that it was too classic and not "Western" enough for our name style.

jennaesue
April 4th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Milo is very popular where I am... As a drink, not a boys name. I used to think Milo from Milo and Otis was named after the drink!

Maybe chocolate Milo is just an Australian thing!?

There was an actor named Milo on the Gilmore Girls who was really cute!

Never heard of chocolate Milo! Must be an Aussie thing. And I LOVE that actor. That was my favorite show. I had a thing for Jess. :)

jennaesue
April 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I LOVE LOVE the name Milo. We talked about it for Marshall but felt that it was too classic and not "Western" enough for our name style.

I never thought about your Western theme, but now I can't see how I missed it! LOL

Am3a
April 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Never heard of chocolate Milo! Must be an Aussie thing. And I LOVE that actor. That was my favorite show. I had a thing for Jess. :)

If you name your little boy Milo - I will send you some! ;-) It's the BEST by the way - heaped tablespoons with cold milk or straight out of the tin!

Good luck with choosing a name! Such a tough gig.

*ruby*
April 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM
We had a dog named Milo because i Iove the name but wouldn't have used it as a boys name because of the popular drink here.

So I definitely vote for either Milo on its own or Miles with the nn Milo.

Bondgirl
April 5th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Milo!

Pearl327
April 5th, 2013, 12:02 PM
My DH wants to name this little one miles/milo after an uncle of his. But this one will be named after my dad.