PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions--fruit juice and walking

daisyfay311
April 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM
My attempt at post consolidation....

I am drinking gobs of fruit juice, almost all V8 fusion and I'm wondering if some are better than others. I've been going on whether or not they have plenty of potassium and not much calcium but some contain juices that seem like they might sway pink, like raspberry or strawberry. Should I avoid those?

Also, is it okay for me to do some walking as part of my exercise? I used to do jogging/running and I just feel like I need to move more than just lifting weights and doing ab work.

TIA!

begonia
April 19th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Daisy to each her own, but as for cardio I just cut mine way, way back and added in weights since I never did them before when TTC my DD's. I used to run 40-60 miles a week and now do 10, maybe 15. When I'm actually TTC (not til Oct) I will likely NOT run during the AF to O time.

For fruit juice I go for high potassium, low calcium/mag, too. I like some from Bolthouse Farms (I buy it at SuperTarget) that are primarily mango/banana based; about 400 potassium per serving. V8 spicy low sodium (I add salt, and it isn't very spicy) is great for potassium as it has 1000 per serving. Orange juice is also a great source as long as you don't get the kind fortified with calcium.

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Strawberry and raspberry are EXPENSIVE and so they put only a tiny amount of the juices in for flavor. I think they are fine to eat for blue anyway.

Walking is EXCELLENT for blue. Even some running is ok but you want to do it in moderation, not more than 45 min. and not more than 4-5 days at a time.