PDA

View Full Version : Minor panic, not ready for sway!

DebH
April 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Here is my chart for this month:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/334b75

I usually have 12 day LP - tomorrow is day 13.

Thinking we were safe, we bd in the pm on day 24 and 26.

Was this too close to +opk? Is it even possible that far after? My temps were off right around that time due to fever from illness.

We were just getting started with diet, supps, etc...

I am kind of worried because of the longer lp and because TMI my boobs are killing me and I don't feel like I normally do just before AF.

Did 2 p tests last 2 days, both -. But I never got a + with the other 3 until a good week past expected AF.

Any thoughts? I guess I'll know in a few days either way, but aside from lemon water and green tea, this seems like it'd b a girl if I am. :omg:

begonia
April 19th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I'm no chart master but if I read it correctly you O'd sometime around the 7th? The 24th and 26th are far enough away that no, it would be against all science for you to have gotten pg. SUPER rare for the sperm to live 5 days but it is possible from some studies. So if you BD on the 26th that is a solid 11 days those sperm would have to be hanging on waiting for that egg. Not possible. So I wouldn't be too worried about being pg unless there is another BD in there that you're forgetting about.

Again, maybe I am reading your chart wrong? As long as your O was on or after 4/1 I'm thinking you can't possibly be pg.

lindi
April 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I don't think so because if you had a fever that would make your temps abnormally high, and it looks like your temps are low enough that you couldn't ovulate until at least after what the chart says, so you are waaay too far away for sperm to still be alive. Might be off your cycle because of being sick?

DebH
April 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
TY for your response, but I meant to say chart day 24 and 26 aka April 11th and 13th was BD.

I was thinking if the egg released at the max 36hrs after opk+ that would make it April 8th or 9th for actual O. Is 36 hours the max time past opk+ that the egg would release or could it be longer than that? It's hard to confirm with BBT due to fever not showing the temp rise.

If O can't be longer than 36 hours past opk+, would egg even survive until April 11th at night? I am doubting it, but wanted to make sure.

begonia
April 20th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Technically the egg should only be viable for 24 hours; however there are some studies showing pg occuring 24-48 hours after O... but I would think that is more the exception than the norm. So if you did O late on the 9th I suppose it is possible that you could have gotten pg from the BD on the 11th.

DebH
April 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
AF today and HUGE temp drop.
Well, I guess I learned one lesson this month - LP is not always the same month to month! I got a 2 day bonus this month.

Maybe it changed due to illness or diet change and supps - who knows! I'll take it :)

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry I didn't chime in on this earlier!!! I"m so glad the Wicked Witch arrived for you and that you got an extra 2 days on the LP!!! The diet may be helping with that!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Technically the egg should only be viable for 24 hours; however there are some studies showing pg occuring 24-48 hours after O... but I would think that is more the exception than the norm. So if you did O late on the 9th I suppose it is possible that you could have gotten pg from the BD on the 11th.

This ~can~ happen in very rare instances when two eggs are released and they are both very long lived. If you release your first egg and it lives for a whole day and then 24 hours later the second egg is released (the second egg CANNOT be released any longer than 24 hours after the first one because the first egg's corpus luteum starts to produce massive amounts of progesterone that inhibits any more eggs from being released) So if you had a crazy long lived egg that managed to live for the full 24 hours (which hardly ever happens) and then somehow managed to pop out another egg right at the 24 hour time limit (which hardly ever happens) and then that egg lived the full 24 hours too, it is technically possible to get pg 48 hours after your first ovulation. But obviously that does not happen very often at all.