PDA

View Full Version : Girls off baby topic say a prayer for this basketball player

Hopeandwishes
March 31st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hi girls

If u have not seen or heard the kid for Louisville playing duke earlier his injury you can go to yahoo google injury Louisville basketball player play video. I want to warn you don't watch it if u have a week stomach. I have never seen anything like it. My heart goes out to him and his family. It things like these that can shatter dreams :( I hope and pray this kid gets back up. Please have him in your thoughts and prayers. Prayer is so powerful. Hope y'all all have a happy easter or holiday.. He is someone's son. I can't imagine.

nuthinbutpink
March 31st, 2013, 06:43 PM
It was brutal.

Hopeandwishes
March 31st, 2013, 06:47 PM
I know nothin but pink!!! I have never seen anything like that. How in the world could something like that happen. Underling condition maybe?

luckylass
March 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Don't know what happened and am afraid to google it but will still say a prayer for all involved.

Hopeandwishes
March 31st, 2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah luckylass u probably shouldn't watch it. I have been nauseous since. I feel so sad for him.

geminispinkmoon
April 1st, 2013, 10:38 PM
The curiosity is getting to me, but I don't dare look either. Would anyone mind explaining in words, what happened to him? Either way, it sounds pretty bad - he will be in our prayers :(

ThePack
April 2nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
He jumped up to block a shot and when he landed, his right leg below the knee broke in a couple of places (you can find further description of it in many articles-it was bad). The bone broke through the skin. He landed right in front of his team's bench. The trainers were quick to cover his leg with towels. He underwent immediate surgery and was already up on crutches today.

geminispinkmoon
April 2nd, 2013, 12:31 AM
I was wondering if it was something like that. What a horrible thing to have happen. I am glad he is up on crutches & hope he continues to heal quickly & well. Thank you for taking the time to explain it, I appreciate it :)

ThePack
April 2nd, 2013, 12:36 AM
No problem :) I've worked in a trauma hospital before and have seen a lot, but the video of this made me a bit queasy.

Hopeandwishes
April 2nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks pack yeah I couldn't explain it like u. It even made my husband queasy... And that's hard for him. He kept telling me I didn't want to see it I said yes I do so he rewind it for me. I was so nauseous all night woke that morning to go and check how surgery went I think just thinking about it again made me not feel well. I thought I was coming down with a bug. It was very emotional see the support from others coming in. It's times like that u see the good people in the world. I forget the basketball player my husband said had something similar happen years ago. He tweeted if he needs anything I mean anything let me know. It makes me cry just writing it. My husband said he did come back from his injury.

ThePack
April 2nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
Yes, I hate the poor attitudes and cheating we see in sports, but it really can bring out the best in people, too.