PDA

View Full Version : Weird Cycles after MMC and D&C

onthepond
April 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Hi ladies, hoping someone can help. We had a MMC and D&C in early Feb. Just like clockwork 28 days later AF arrived...so I thought I was back to normal. Then, out of character I found I was getting ready to OV 2 days earlier than normal (always have been a 14 day girl) and now got AF again very early and out of character giving me a 25 day cycle this month. I have never, ever had less than a 27 day cycle or more than a 29 day cycle and usually am 28 days exact. Is this normal? When will I be back to normal? PLEASE tell me it will be this month! I am longing so, so much to get pregnant in April. Would appreciate any advice!

Side note, everything with the D&C went very well and I ovulated for the first time about 14 days after D&C (confirmed by ultrasound).

harleyquinn
April 1st, 2013, 09:51 PM
It took me 3 months to get anything close to "normal" but I kinda forgot what "normal" was anymore. I had a rough recovery from D&C...more bleeding than I have ever heard anyone describe, so idk. I think I jumped the gun and ttc too early and had 2 chemicals before I got this one that stuck (God willing).

Its so hard being patient and I think its doubly hard with swaying on the mind. Hope it all falls into place soon for you xx

onthepond
April 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Ladies, can anyone else help answer this? I had a 24 day cycle this past month and I am thinking this is preventing me from getting pregnant. Before my D&C I seriously ALWAYS had a perfect 28 day cycle. What do I do? :( Is there anything I can do to help them lengthen again WITHOUT affecting fertility or OV? Should I call my OB and schedule to see her? Lost, sad, frustrated...please help if you can!

dloui128
April 25th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Ladies, can anyone else help answer this? I had a 24 day cycle this past month and I am thinking this is preventing me from getting pregnant. Before my D&C I seriously ALWAYS had a perfect 28 day cycle. What do I do? :( Is there anything I can do to help them lengthen again WITHOUT affecting fertility or OV? Should I call my OB and schedule to see her? Lost, sad, frustrated...please help if you can!

I would try B6, that is what I did to lengthen my LP

xxxx
April 26th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hello Onthepond, vit B6 or progesteron sups/cream and lots of veg might do the trick. the progesteron sup maybe taken 2dpo until the next AF date appears and then quickly seek doc. help for proper prescription. Pregnancy test must be done on or before AF due date to ensure bfp or bfn before discontinue.

The Anchor
April 26th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Are you taking any other supps? From personal experience, the 6 cycles after my m/c (no D&C) were 28 days, 24, 25, 23, 28, 35...all over the place for me I was a regular 26 day cycle previously. I do not think I ovulated that first cycle after the m/c, but I'm pretty sure I O'd for the rest. I dropped all the supps (except FA, probiotics, krill oil) because I was blaming them for messing up my cycles. I was on soy iso's when my cycles were 24, 25 and 23 days.

onthepond
April 26th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Anchor, currently I am just taking my prenatal along a vitamin d and a folic acid...I took a B complex yesterday but didn't take that again today since there are all of those minerals already in my prenatal...just trying to figure out what is best for me. Honestly, DH and I are over the swaying, over everything, just want to be pregnant again. ARGH.

The Anchor
May 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Hi Anchor, currently I am just taking my prenatal along a vitamin d and a folic acid...I took a B complex yesterday but didn't take that again today since there are all of those minerals already in my prenatal...just trying to figure out what is best for me. Honestly, DH and I are over the swaying, over everything, just want to be pregnant again. ARGH.

I'm with you girlfriend...

Adoptapom
May 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
My cycles have been very short after both my d&c and d&e. The most recent one was 24 days. They seem to have stayed around 24-26 for most of them.