PDA

View Full Version : mold and miscarriage?

monstermash
April 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hello, I was curious if any one had any experience, or information on toxic mold causing miscarriage. I had 3 healthy pregnancies, then moved to a new house which had tons of leaks and mold problems, and while living there i had two second trimester miscarriages. The mold was the only major change in my life. I also have a friend who had six miscarriages while living in a house with black mold problems. Could toxic mold have caused all of this? My doctors have done every test possible, and nothing shows wrong with me or the babies i lost.any information would be so appreciated!

Wanting-a-girl
April 2nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
I think it's possible! Mold is very dangerous and you are breathing it in

I am so sorry for your losses and I hope you are doing okay

monstermash
April 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Thank you for your response.

Rainbow baby
April 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
I think anything is possible! I am still looking for answers...... I would try and get rid of it just in case so at least it is one less worry and would be better for your health and your boys as well! I am so so sorry your little Elijah and Isaac had to leave I know your pain and it is one no mother should have to experience! <3

monstermash
April 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you both. I moved into a new house since the landlord refused to fix the leaks our let is fix them. so maybe some day i will find the courage to try again.

Charlee
April 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM
This is crazy BUT, I had the same experience. The only difference with me is I have lost a baby before this last one... My last pregnancy I lived in a condo, which was discovered to have a leak in the kichen for over a year before it was discovered. We had to remove the entire kitchen as a result of it and lived with NO kitchen for almost 8 weeks while we did the repairs. When it was all finally done, THE WEEK IT WAS DONE, I went in for my NT scan @ almost 14 weeks and we caught the miscarriage AS IT WAS HAPPENING... truly terrible experience, one I will never get over probably. Anyway, the only thing (besides one previous loss) I could see that was different was this toxic black mold problem that I dealt with my entire first trimester of pregnancy. Baby was totall normal in every way (and a girl :( ) and the pregnancy was perfectly fine. I too had all the testing under the sun, only for them to say "these things happen.." and told to try again.

I am so sorry for your loss ... just know it does get easier with time. I just got a bfp last week after trying for 9 mths (in a new house!) and I hope to God everything is okay with this pregnancy.

I wish you all the best :hugs:

Charlee
April 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
P.S I have read conflicting things on the internet, and my OB seemed to dismiss it as a legitimate cause so I let it go, but have always wondered. I wanted to sue the hell out of my landlords but didn't as I never got concrete evidence to support my cause. If you find anything, please let me know. I don't care about anything other than answers at this point.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
AAA charlee congrats!!! FXFXFX

I had an early loss once right after I got back from my inlaws' house - now I also had been under a bunch of stress and had too much caff. as well (did not realize I was pg) but they have TONS of mold and mildew and general grossness in their house and I def. have wondered if it could make a difference.

My husband's cousin died from inhaling toxic mold spores while cutting wood.

xxxx
April 10th, 2013, 04:18 AM
I have actually watched some programs on CI where mould in houses was causing bleeding and deaths on infants and toddlers. If mould can have such a drastic effect on babies and toddlers, then it is perhaps extremely dangerous for developing foetus. So sorry for all your losses due to silly mould.
Black Mold Effects & Pregnancy | eHow.co.uk (http://www.ehow.co.uk/facts_5189201_black-mold-effects-pregnancy.html)

What Effects Can Black Mold Have On Pregnancy? (http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Effects-Can-Black-Mold-Have-On-Pregnancy?&id=5975637)

monstermash
April 22nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you all for the responses. I wish people would do more studies on this issue, it seems this could be a legit reason fit miscarriage

Charlee
April 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
AAA charlee congrats!!! FXFXFX

I had an early loss once right after I got back from my inlaws' house - now I also had been under a bunch of stress and had too much caff. as well (did not realize I was pg) but they have TONS of mold and mildew and general grossness in their house and I def. have wondered if it could make a difference.

My husband's cousin died from inhaling toxic mold spores while cutting wood.

I just saw this!! Thanks atomic :) I am an utter nervous mess! LOL

I am so sorry to hear about all those losses... I think it's really interesting that researchers haven't found a solid link yet... ya know? It seems like 1+1=2 in my mind... if mold is toxic, then it could cause problems in pregnancy... right?!? It would be such a simple thing to avoid and would save countless broken hearts...

Imama
April 26th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Unfortunately, I live in a house full of mold and mildew. I've conceived my DS2 also living here. We try to get rid of it but it isn't so simple and come back after rainy days etc.
We TTC this month and I want to ask if it could have any influence on a gender?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
April 26th, 2017, 01:26 PM
We don't know. If anything it would probably sway pink (but please don't go inhaling it or anything!)

All this is just speculation. No one knows if any of this is true or not.