PDA

View Full Version : Being hungry and baby gender

6bluewant1pink
April 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
I was so hungry with all 6 of my boys. Wasn't so much when i got my my BFP with this pregnancy but am now at almost 8wks. Now i am so hungry. I hope this isn't a sign its a boy.Does being hungry mean boy?

Wanting-a-girl
April 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
I don't know if it means anything :s I'm guessing not but I did read that boys need more calories... I was starving with my boys would eat non stop... With my current preg I barley eat I have no appetite and had horrible morning sickness that I never had with the boys... I will know in 5 more sleeps!

Thorz300
April 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
I wasn't too hungry with my 1st two boys, just a normal appetite, with DS3 I couldn't get enough food! I ate all day long. With this pregnancy I don't really like to eat much unless it is candy, fruit, or smoothies. I don't know the sex of this baby yet! 72 more hours and I might know the gender!

Mel1983
April 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not very hungry with this pregnancy. Have 2 boys already don't know what this one is! I've gone off food. Don't fancy anything, even though my stomach is rumbling! Supper time is a nightmare, having to cook for 2 boys and hubby but don't know what to make. Gone off meat, I'm eating really plain stuff it's like being on a diet!! I haven't been sick but I've felt sick quite a bit. Went for a spin only for an hour Monday bank holiday and felt travel sick, as soon as I got home I had to got to bed! The joys of pregnancy hey!!

NearlyDone
April 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
I thought so because it was the 1 major difference between my 4 girls and 1st boy(i had to eat every couple of hours with him or id feel shaky and weird) but now im preg with another boy and quite normal hunger

6bluewant1pink
April 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks Ladies i am getting sad now this might be a major boy sign :(

harleyquinn
April 3rd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Don't be sad over being hungry!! Noooooo!

I am super-duper hungry ALL THE TIME and have gained 13 POUNDS so far and I'm only 12 weeks pg:oops:

Yes there are studies that say male pregnancies mom eates more, but those are flawed because they didn't take into account other things like how mom ate before pg so lets throw those out the window.

Now, I have my nub shot tomorrow so I am probably THE WORST person to try and offer any hope for a girly nub as I have conceived 5 boys so far :rofl: but if it is remotely girly I will let you know and you won't have to worry that being hungry means anything because seriously....I have ate more the last 12 weeks than I have the last 12 months and that is no joke!!

Wanting-a-girl
April 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Ooo can't wait to see ur nub tomorrow!

strawberrymom
April 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
No difference with me- hungry with all 3 (I have 2 sons and this one is a girl). In fact after doing le for 4 months I want all the things now that I couldn't eat then.

Cinss
April 3rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
I dont know if you can rely on this theory... but i did notice a huge increase in hunger with DS and not so much with DD. However i was on the HE diet for a year before we conceived DS so my metabolism was higher anyway.

Wanting-a-girl
April 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
You can pick apart theorys, studies, and owt but in the end there will always Be opposites so ur better off trying not to obsess about it... I know easier said than done right lol

mommymachine
April 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
I forget about who I was hungriest with...I think it was DS3, but I wasn't noticeably less with DD. if its any indication, I gained 60lbs with DS1 and DS3, and 40lbs with DS2 and DD. coincidentally, I was due in late June with DS1 and DS3 and due in January with DS2 and DD...maybe that had more to do with it.

Hobbermittens
April 3rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
It definitely meant boy for me. I was starving before I even got a BFP! I was basically a bottomless pit while pregnant with DS2.

I Love Ladybugs
April 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM
I ate a good amount with DS#1, but with DS#2, I had little appetite and while I gained weight, I had a decrease in desire for food during his pregnancy.

hplnvf03
April 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM
I was starving first trimester and I am having a girl. I ate all the time!

Butterfly Spirit
April 4th, 2013, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't go off hunger. I'm glad you aren't sick though! :)

6bluewant1pink
April 6th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Oh yes butterfly Spirit i am sick! The worst sickness i've ever had! Usually morning sickness leaves by now. It did last wk all of a sudden returned! Plus i noticed i do eat a lot but then feel sick afterwards! Also i am having major heart burn i NEVER had that with my boys.

6bluewant1pink
April 6th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Hey Harleyquinn how did your ultrasound go?

BabyGirl4Me
April 6th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I didn't notice a massive increase in hunger with DS but with this baby I am super hungry and have probably put on several lbs already. If you swayed pink and are hungry after getting pg it could be bc your body is trying to get itself back to healthy again. My BMI was pretty low when I conceived after being on LE for a while, so it could just be that my body is rebelling against being so hungry for so long. At least I hope so because I've been starving with this baby. Good luck! Hope you get your :DD:

Navywife620
April 10th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I remember with DS1 I was ALWAYS hungry. I would get the shakes and dizzy if I didn't eat when I needed to. I can't remember it being that bad with DS2 but I still feel like I was hungry often. With this one I have my days when I am hungrier than others. Some days I get full easier and other days I graze all day and never eat a real meal. But I am not getting the shakes or dizziness like I did with DS1.

Wanting-a-girl
April 10th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Well clearly my lack of hunger and insane morning sickness didn't mean anything about the sex! I never threw up once with my first three and this time I was sick multiple times a day and never ate I lost 10 lbs lol and its another boy.... So don't pick apart owt they will just drive you mad lol

mumof6
May 7th, 2013, 11:04 PM
i never really ate much with any of my boys - i just wasnt hungry and couldnt bring myself to eat much at all especially when i had the dreaded ms

this time i'm not hungry at all times but i have to eat small meals or snack through out the day otherwise i start feeling ill. right through the ms i could still eat. and often not too long after a meal i am hungry again too.
as you know gender is unknown yet