PDA

View Full Version : chinese calendar and psychics

gizmo77
April 20th, 2011, 03:09 PM
i think this was a topic on IG or somewhere else..? anyone believe in this with regards to TTC on a certain day per calendar to conceive a certain gender. has it worked for anyone?
as far as what i have seen, the month i conceived my 1st was opposite. and i know you have to use your chinese age. and the older you get the chances of conceiving boys are less....

is anyone including this in their sway?
anyone using a psychic?

Hobbermittens
April 20th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I am trying to ignore the Chinese gender charts, because there are a bunch of them out there. And while some are 100% right for me, others are 2/3 right, some not at all. The way I am trying to see it, there are enough versions out there that anyone could find one that was right for them... so that doesn't mean they are accurate. It is more just coincidence, I think. I hope!

gizmo77
April 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
i guess i have found that too, there are diff versions...

mmsgirlie22
April 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
all the ones I checked said both my daughters should really be boys. So I really don't believe chinese gender charts.

Flava
April 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
i guess i have found that too, there are diff versions...

that's right so can't be true , don't believe it

My Fabulous Children
April 20th, 2011, 11:21 PM
2/3 right for me, but don't believe in it ..

TTC5
April 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
Don't believe it at all tbh!

Zivic-Bubac
April 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
I am trying to ignore the Chinese gender charts, because there are a bunch of them out there. And while some are 100% right for me, others are 2/3 right, some not at all. The way I am trying to see it, there are enough versions out there that anyone could find one that was right for them... so that doesn't mean they are accurate. It is more just coincidence, I think. I hope!

This exactly! For example, ChinaGold claims 66% accuracy :sigh:
I couldn't care less for Chinese charts....

Hobbermittens
April 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
This exactly! For example, ChinaGold claims 66% accuracy :sigh:
I couldn't care less for Chinese charts....

See the thing that gets me is, there is one in particular that is right for me and several friends, and I hate that! I hate that it seems like it "knows", because it scares me to try and defy it by swaying on months that say the wrong thing. I wish who ever made it would just fess up and say that it is all a big hoax, so that I could relax a little!! I hope that a good sway would override it, anyway--because 66% isn't all that great of odds anyway, right??

gizmo77
April 22nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
See the thing that gets me is, there is one in particular that is right for me and several friends, and I hate that! I hate that it seems like it "knows", because it scares me to try and defy it by swaying on months that say the wrong thing. I wish who ever made it would just fess up and say that it is all a big hoax, so that I could relax a little!! I hope that a good sway would override it, anyway--because 66% isn't all that great of odds anyway, right??

i hear ya. im TRYING to ignore but im the the 'what if' type. bc SOMEtimes itss accurate. i firmly believe that diet sways better than all else...otherwise ppl would get exactly what they hoped/prayed for ALWAYS right?

skrimpy
April 22nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
I have gotten so many different answers from so many different Chinese gender charts that I don't believe them. I always check them after I've gotten pg... but don't plan to TTC by them :p

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
i think this was a topic on IG or somewhere else..? anyone believe in this with regards to TTC on a certain day per calendar to conceive a certain gender. has it worked for anyone?
as far as what i have seen, the month i conceived my 1st was opposite. and i know you have to use your chinese age. and the older you get the chances of conceiving boys are less....

is anyone including this in their sway?
anyone using a psychic?

The Jonas method is totally inaccurate because he claims that you can ovulate more than once a month (even if you did not get your period) and that is 100% totally untrue.

Chinese calendar was wrong for me with DS 3 and it just about broke me (it was also wrong on my older boys but I never dared to check with DS 4). If anyone wants to go into the Chinese Calendar for fun, like a wooden spoon under the bed kind of thing, that is fine but obviously no one should rely on it for swaying!!

As you get older, your chances of conceiving boys really ARE less. That's a fact!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
i hear ya. im TRYING to ignore but im the the 'what if' type. bc SOMEtimes itss accurate. i firmly believe that diet sways better than all else...otherwise ppl would get exactly what they hoped/prayed for ALWAYS right?

EXACTLY!!!! But it's just like flipping a coin, your guesses are accurate sometimes but you would never bet your home and family on that!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:50 AM

Hobber, which one was it?? We could all go check and I'm sure some of us would have the wrong gender!!

Hobbermittens
April 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hobber, which one was it?? We could all go check and I'm sure some of us would have the wrong gender!!

http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_information/chinese_calendar.htm

This one. It has been right for a LOT of people. I would love it if people would check it! (don't forget to add 9 months to your age)

Atomic, why is it that women are less likely to conceive a boy when they are older? That scares me. I am 38 and am TTC boy!

wishing on a star
April 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Well i just checked and it was right for both my ds and my friends 2 children!! Fingers crossed its right for this pregnancy too!
xxxxxx

gizmo77
April 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM
As you get older, your chances of conceiving boys really ARE less. That's a fact!

im curious about this too. why is that???

DoulaMama
April 26th, 2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_information/chinese_calendar.htm

This one. It has been right for a LOT of people. I would love it if people would check it! (don't forget to add 9 months to your age)

Atomic, why is it that women are less likely to conceive a boy when they are older? That scares me. I am 38 and am TTC boy!

Wow.....I tried this for all 3 of my kids, 4 of my friends children, my sis and I.....all correct!!! I have to ask some others to try as well and see. I'm actually really shocked!

Hobbermittens
April 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Wow.....I tried this for all 3 of my kids, 4 of my friends children, my sis and I.....all correct!!! I have to ask some others to try as well and see. I'm actually really shocked!

I know, this one has been right for a lot of people!! However, I do have one friend who had it be wrong 3 times.

DoulaMama
April 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
OK...just looked up a friends 4 children...3 wrong, 1 right. :( Bummer!

gizmo77
April 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM
okay now im getting obsessed about this. ive been looking up all my friernds who have boys and this last chart was right for every one (tho im just estimating conception months). for me i plan on TTC in sept (girl) but if i wait one more month (oct) the chart says boy. why did i get myself into this!!!! :-)

Hobbermittens
April 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM
okay now im getting obsessed about this. ive been looking up all my friernds who have boys and this last chart was right for every one (tho im just estimating conception months). for me i plan on TTC in sept (girl) but if i wait one more month (oct) the chart says boy. why did i get myself into this!!!! :-)

Well, hopefully you will get a BFP in September! :) Seriously, though, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. It can't be right for everyone; if it was a proven, sure-fire way to predict gender, people would be using this instead of spending thousands on high tech!! :) (that said, though, it doesn't make me feel very good about TTC boy in a girl month!)

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM

Oct is also "proven" scientifically to be more boy-friendly for conception. Honestly though, it's a small percentage and there are still plenty of girls conceived in Sept/Oct - like ME!! ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM

No one really knows, but my belief is that everything that optimum fertility sways blue and people are def. (on average) declining in fertility as they age. Maybe sperm count, maybe EWCM, declining hormones, or some combination.

Don't worry about your age though, I already posted this in another thread but I of course conceived 2 boys in my late 30's (one of which I was even swaying pink), my mom conceived a boy at 37 after only conceiving girls, my grandma conceived twin boys at 38 after conceiving a girl 10 years earlier...there are TONS of people who conceived boys in their late 30's after only conceiving girls.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Well i just checked and it was right for both my ds and my friends 2 children!! Fingers crossed its right for this pregnancy too!
xxxxxx

Wrong 3 of 4 times for me! Why is it the only one that was ever right was the one I looked at and got my hopes up so high for DS 3???:hair:

Flava
May 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM

It's right for all my girls. Now I wonder what if Im just 1 month before my birthday? Still have to look at the age Im in now right? Not leaning to the next or so because it is so close to it...

Oh and Im almost 37 so gimme my boy already!!:hair:

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM

:agree: It was right for dd2 and ds, And I was under 18 with dd1, lol.