PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been successful with ivf pgd in ****

Pink rose
April 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
I am trying to decide between going to genesis or **** to do ivf pgd for a baby girl. I would love to hear from people that have cycled at either clinic. I have read lots about dr savvas at the genesis clinic but nothing much about ****. It's such a hard decision to make & I want to make sure I choose the right clinic. All advice welcome!

lisvna
April 5th, 2013, 07:59 AM
At this moment no one came back pregnant from ****. Until now only no transfers.....

glory
April 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
If I only had a choice between both, I would choose Genesis. **** has not got a good record here so far, they also seem like they are hard to deal with, maybe it is a language thing, but they keep their clients in the dark a lot.

I would not expect to get pregnant first cycle at Genesis though :(

If you become a member there are lots of threads regarding both clinics.

Pink rose
April 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Thank you Lisvna - **** dosent sound very promising! If you don't mind me asking what was the reason for no transfers. Also could you please tell me how many days I would need to stay in cyprus if I were to go to genesis. Thank you x

Pink rose
April 5th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Thankyou glory - I am going to open a PayPal account to become a member as it won't take my bank details. I hope to get it sorted as soon as. I am interested in reading the different threads about the clinics. I was hopin to have 2 tries at ivf pgd - ill just have to wait & see what happens x

lisvna
April 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Never expect to become pregnant on a first cycle because therefor we speak about OHW (one hit wonders!) ;)

lisvna
April 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I think the reasons were not enough follicles and nothing from desired gender.

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I don't think we have had enough cyclers go to **** yet to make a judgement.

They cannot do a lot of GS at **** because they seem to offer 9-probe FISH which should never be used. If you go there make sure you tell them 5 probes only.

A NT is unlikely to happen if you have good pretesting. Usually, the people that have no transfers are those that have poor pretesting or do not respond well to Meds.

ROSCAR
April 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hi ! **** also performs aCGH on Day 5 with a FET on a next cycle
In **** gender selection isn't made openly as it's illegal in Czechia but you can choose the gender of the embryos you transfer
On rollercoaster.ie many girls cycle in **** & have good results with ivf (OE or DE). They don't talk about pgd but they have fertility issues and succeed in becomming pregnant with ****
On the forums miki9 is currently preparing a DE cycle in **** and Will do pgd. Hope to hear good news soon from her

Pink rose
April 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Hi girls thanks for the replies I think I'm going to have to do a lot more research about **** & genesis before I make my decision. I know **** is convenient for me but I want this to work so badly so I do need to pick the best clinic. I am arranging an appointment for my pretests (although I got pregnant easy twice) I know that dosent mean success with ivf pgd. How many tries do most people have in cyprus before getting a bfp & how long do I need to stay in cyprus for? Sorry for all the questions! & thank you for taking the time to answer. X

lisvna
April 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM
You can arrive the day before collection and leave after transfer. So at the minimum you must stay 7 days or you can fly back after collection wait at home and come back for transfer. Dr Savvas prefers you to stay longer so he can monitor you with the follicle growth and stuff like that. I think you must be prepared to cycle 2 or 3 times before getting pregnant but I have also seen a few Dutch one hit wonder girls. I was on my second try.

Please keep in mind normal IVF is not the same as PGD....

nuthinbutpink
April 6th, 2013, 08:13 AM
All of the cycle results from last year and the number of attempts recorded are in the member forum.

It is not uncommon to not be a one hit wonder anywhere you cycle so you should always prepare for 2 tries from the start but even then there are no guarantees.

The places in the US actually document their success rates along with the average number of embryos transferred which is a huge deal as well. It is there for all to see at Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies (http://www.sart.org).

International clinics do not seem to have anybody to report to or any openness about their statistics which makes it very difficult to make an informed decision.

The data we have collected is the best we can do for helping people be informed and making a decision based on fact. More than one cycle for sure though.

Pink rose
April 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you lisvna & nbp for thanking the time to answer me. I am preparing to have to tries & hopefully I get lucky & get a bfp. I feel this journey is stressful at times as we have so many decisions to make along the way ( no one knows I'm doing this except dh) I feel it would be easier if I had some one to sit down & discuss it with. I feel I need to give it a try as I don't want to live with gd any longer it's draining me as a person. Lisvna I'm sure you were delighted to get a bfp on your second try (at least you know ivf pgd works for you) & I hope you get your little girl on your next try. I know it's much harder to get a bfp with pgd, I would stay in cyprus for the 7 days - bring my boys & treat it as a family holiday. I find it scary making these decisions sometimes I wonder where this longing for a daughter comes from I just hope & pray that this works out for me. Thanks. X

letibe77
May 4th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Pink rose: there are actually 2 BFPs after a treatment at ****. Just wanted to let you know :)

Pink rose
May 4th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks letibe I've been on here & the other forum this
few days 3 people have been successful with ivf pgd at
**** which is great news. I'm hoping to cycle there in
July I'm just trying to gather as much information as I
can about testing, prenatals, diet, olive leaf! I hope
you every sucess in your hightech journey. Xx