PDA

View Full Version : So worried scan was wrong

Northern_Shutterbug
April 5th, 2013, 06:17 PM
At our 16 weeks scan (I was actually 15+6 by ovulation dates, but 16+3 by scan dates) and she said she was sure we'd got a girl, and the scan definitely looked girl to me, but she didn't do any potty shots and I'm now so worried I'm going to be told boy at my 20 week scan.

Why is it there's more chance of it turning out to be a boy after being told girl? I'm reading so many stories recently of them getting it wrong!

13 days til my scan and it can't come soon enough!

Mum to three girls
April 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
You read about those stories because they're rare, people don't usually jump on line to say the tech was right with their gender assessment. It'll be fine and she'll still be a girl.

shiningstar
April 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I think it's only natural to worry about them being wrong. Like Mum to three girls said, it is VERY rare. I'm sure she is still a girl! Just 13 more days and you can relax- Though I'm sure that seems like an eternity. I hope it goes by fast for you!

Wanting-a-girl
April 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I would worry too lol but honestly I highly doubt they were wrong :)

fish2012
April 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I worry too but try not to Hun sure she's right! 16 days days till my 20 week will feel more convinced then I hope!

Longingforgirl
April 7th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hi fish,
I can totally understand how you feel. I felt the same way after my scan (I think it was 15+6 as well). My OB said she'd guess girl, but she didn't give me any pictures. So afterwards I got more and more worried with every day that passed. The memory of the shots disappeared more and more somehow and I was so worried she was wrong after all.
But if the tech's predictions were wrong all the time, they wouldn't predict anything anymore :wink: So them being wrong is very rare. Fortunately. I am crossing my fingers for you for your scan. I am sure she will still be a girl in 13 days :happy: But I counted days and hours as well... I hope you can distract yourself with something until then..
Wishing you the best of luck!!

wilma_five
April 8th, 2013, 02:42 AM
It's just part of the process I guess.
They told me girl by CVS, at my 16 week scan and at my anatomy scan and I still really believe it when I see girl parts when see is born.

queen-bee
April 8th, 2013, 03:43 AM
I did pgd and was given 100% at 14 weeks, but as crazy as it may sound, I am still worried she may turn into boy! My scan is tomorrow! :nails:
I am sure it's only natural to worry, because we've seen turtle-looking bits so many times before.

pebmcpd7
April 25th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Northern I will be thinking of you tomorrow, I will say a wee prayer for you, your family and little girl. HUGS XXX

wilma_five
April 26th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Thinking of you and your little girl!
Wishing you strenght!