TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Girl
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
boy boy girl
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)
IG

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Drastically different. I was used to a high salt, high calorie diet with lots of red meat, protein, vegies and sweets. I switched to the total opposite, particularly the low salt, low protein, low iron. See diet box for details.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
4 months but it took another 5 months before pg!
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH wasn't happy! In fact I don't think I could have kept the whole thing going for much longer. He ate the same dinners as me but did his own thing with breakfast and lunch. He reluctantly took supplements:
Calcium 1200
Magnesium: 425
Cranberry: 10,00 X2
Vitamin C: 1000
Olive leaf extract
Royal Jelly
The bottom two were recommended by the online baby doctor.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I cutback
Any Diet Details?
I started with the Ingender diet - eating primarily rice, beans, leeks, cucumbers, low salt cheese, natural yogurt,, high calcium milk, rice milk (less protein), the occasional egg, parmesan cheese, white bread, raspberries, strawberries,cranberries and cranberry juice, and small amounts of chicken, white fish and lamb.

I was aiming for high calcium, very low salt, low potasium, high magnesium.

When I discovered the LE diet I added some of the principles: I cut my calorie intake right down, cut right down on protein and cut red meat to lower my iron. I only added a few vegetables - ice berg lettuce, spinach.

The approximate mineral ranges that I consistently ended up with (including supplements) were:
Calcium: low 2000s
Potassium: 1200
Sodium: 700
Protein: 40-50
These were more extreme than I had been aiming for but I got used to taking supplements and didn't want to give them up - guess they made me feel like I was doing more.

The supplements I took (included in above amounts) were:
Calcium: 1200mg
Magnesium: 425mg
Cranberry: 10,000 x 2
Vitamin C: 1000mg
(Plus folate, CQ10 and Lipoic acid for pre-conception health)
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
After not being able to conceive for a number of months I started on vitex and finally a small dose of clomid. After one cycle on clomid I became pregnant.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I was 52 kgs. No idea about BMI but I'm guessing it was very low
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I ws very underweight for my height which I'm sure made it harder for me to conceive coupled with being in my 40s. I aimed to lose weight but not as much as I did. I stopped all exercise before I even began the diet because of the testosterone link.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
High i think but I always found this difficult to test
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
Didn't test ph. Found it too stressful with all the ovulation testing as well
DH pH
Unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
10-12
BD Dates according to Ovulation 5 Days Before O

Any additional comments?
Had alot of trouble pin pointing O and when to start BDing particularly as some months I didn't seem to ovulate at all. The clearblue fertility monitor helped. Kept using the digital ovulation kits too.

I have marked FR below but for us that was once a day - best we coud manage!
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release
DTD through Ovulation

BD Position
Multiple
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
I didn't really do anything consistently (except lots of lavender!!) - e.g. position, time of day, jump and dump, hot showers etc). In the end it was just whatever was possibe at the time.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Vitex
folic acid
Calcium
Magnesium

DH Supplements Cranberry
Magnesium

Any additional supplement info?
The supplements I took were:
Calcium: 1200mg
Magnesium: 425mg
Cranberry: 10,000 x 2
Vitamin C: 1000mg
(Plus folate, CQ10 and Lipoic acid for pre-conception health)

DH supplements:
Calcium 1200
Cranberry: 10,00 X2
Vitamin C: 1000
Olive leaf extract
Royal Jelly
Did you do anything with Ions?
Lavender oil burning all the time! Lavender soap, handcream, painted nails regularly (lower testosterone??), rose quartz jewellery.
Moon Phase during conception?
-
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Tried the outfit under the bed!
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Although I had to modify a lot from my original plan so that I could actually get pg, I felt like I had done everything I possibly could to conceive a girl. I was also very strict with my diet and I believe diet is the most important factor so that made me feel good too!
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I had no idea about my ph. Didn't use any antihistamines or gels either. I had tried rephresh but hadn't got pg the cycles I tried it so cut it. Cut antishitamines after about one cycle - it made me feel more nervous using them so it was counter productive!
Things worth mentioning:
I am older so had a real time issue, every month was critical. In the end I realised I'd never get my girl if all my swaying techniques (gel etc) rendered me unable to get pg and so I cut things out that I may have otherwise left in. I will always be grateful to Atomic for helping me realise that, and for all the invaluable advice and support along the way. My perfect baby girl was born in December but sometimes I still have trouble getting my head around the fact she is finally here!! :)!

strawberrymom
April 7th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Congratulations on your baby girl. It is hard with us "older" moms to find the balance of swaying, health, and time concerns and glad it all worked out for you!

nuthinbutpink
April 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Congrats!

PolishPrincess
April 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Yes thank you for sharing I am an "older" mom too and I am having the worst time figuring out when I ovulate so this is really giving me hope THANK YOU!!! And CONGRATULATIONS you blessed mama!!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Congrats! Thanks for posting your sway!!!