PDA

View Full Version : Anyone measuring small for dates?

Justjessica
April 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I went for my 28 week appointment and got told I am measuring massively small for my dates. So I need to go have another scan to check what the baby is up to. Just wondering whether anyone has had this and whether it's a big deal? I always measured small with my boys and they were normal sized when they came out. This bump is smaller but I'm being told I won't be able to have a home birth now and I don't understand why :/

NearlyDone
April 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I am measuring 4 weeks behind but already having monthly growth scans due to previous sga and iugr babies.......by ultrasound he is actually larger than average(but they said the same about my son and he was my smallest) my biggest was 7lb14 and my bump even measured small with her so i think i just have a longer body or something idk

queen-bee
April 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I had my 19 wks morphology scan yesterday and my baby's head was measuring at 18 weeks. But all my boys were on a smaller side too, so hopefully this is not a big deal. I am yet to hear for the doctor on this.

4Giffins
April 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I always measured small with my previous pregnancies. I had an ultrasound in the 3rd trimester with both and baby looked a measured fine so it was not a big deal. Both of my girls weighed 7lbs(Even though DD2 was 3 weeks early) so perfectly normal! Just like some people carry big..some people carry small!

mommymachine
April 9th, 2013, 07:14 PM
DS2 had IUGR, we found out at 20 weeks that he was small. I went back every 3 weeks and each week he was in a lower percentile except for once. At 34 weeks he was only in the 3rd percentile and was actually losing weight in the womb so they induced me. He was born weighing 3lbs 14oz, he is now 5 years out and just fine.

So it might not be serious, but just keep an eye on it.

Mrs_P
April 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
i've measured behind all the way along with this little one and my bump is measuring on the small side to. that happened with ds2 - small bump, turned out he was really squashed inside but a decent size.

this little one measures small by u/s to but is growing and is in proportion so docs don't seem too bothered, my midwife says for some women their girls are smaller than their boys

Wanting-a-girl
April 10th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I was measuring small with ds2 because I had low fluid