PDA

View Full Version : Baby Showers

aroundtheworld
April 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Is anyone here having a baby shower this go around?

Normally I wouldn't (after 4 kids), but not only is it needed with twins, I also don't have much of anything from when my daughter was born over 9 years ago. This past weekend I had two showers and they were so wonderful!

I'd like to know if anyone else is planning to have one (or more) or has already. Share pictures if you want! I'll be back to share mine later. :)

iluvmy4sons
April 9th, 2013, 09:56 PM
My Aunt is having what they call a Sprinkle. A shower for small things such as clothes and diapers.

Wanting-a-girl
April 9th, 2013, 09:58 PM
nope i only got one for my first baby 9 years ago

Pearl327
April 10th, 2013, 04:42 AM
baby showers are not really done in Ireland but everyone brings presents when they come to visit after the baby is born. And everyone does come visiting during the 1st month, I will see people who we haven't seen since DD was born :)

my4leafclover
April 10th, 2013, 07:37 AM
My Aunt is having what they call a Sprinkle. A shower for small things such as clothes and diapers.

that is so cute!!! I have never heard the term a sprinkle!! Love it!

cvd
April 10th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Since DS1 isn't even 2 yet we aren't having a shower for DS2, we probably would have if this was a girl though. Unfortunately, I actually don't like a baby shower lol I am super grumpy now and really don't like all the pregnancy attention, I'd rather avoid people all together, I was the same way when pregnant with DS1 and I dreaded the shower. Plus whatever we needed I purchased ages and ages ago :)

BabyGirl4Me
April 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
When I had my baby shower for DS I was really crushed that I was having a boy, so we kept my shower really small and informal, and my Mum and sister put on a gender neutral shower theme at my request. I still got a fair amount of blue/very boyish gifts from people that I really didn't like and ended up returning for neutral clothes, which made things a lot easier for me. I don't like blues or sports so needless to say I don't care for most of the boy specific clothes/toys/things for baby boys.

Hopefully I am having a baby girl this time around, and if my biggest wish/dream does come true I am planning on having a "tea party" for baby Elizabeth after she's born to welcome everyone over to see her and it will be a very pink, frilly and princess-ey event. I am sure we'll get tons of gifts from family and friends when they come over, and I'm so super excited to get baby gifts I will actually love this time around as I am a very girly girl. Plus, I like the idea of actually having the baby there so people can meet her appeals more to me than a baby shower while I'm still pregnant. So for me, a post baby princess tea party is the better way to go for my 2nd chance at an enjoyable baby shower. :)

Congratulations to all of you are expecting too!

aroundtheworld
April 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
My sister, mom, and sister-in-law threw an "Irish Princesses" themed shower for us on Sunday. They did a fabulous job on decorations! We had such a good time. Here are a few photos from that day:

My mom made these for the twins' nursery. I love them!

These are from the "Sugar and Spice" themed shower a couple of my friends hosted for me:

BabyGirl4Me
April 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
LOVE IT! I'm an Irish girl too so I really loved your party. Thanks for sharing with us, how wonderful to be expecting twin baby girls. I'm so happy for you aroundtheworld!

Atsaukina1
April 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM
aroundtheworld- oh my soo beautiful. you must feel soo loved.
I would love to have a baby shower just to celebrate baby and get together w/ loved ones but sadly they are all on the opposite coast:(
my 1st son I had the best super surprise baby shower as we had flown in for summer vaca. and it was just awesome they planned all that for me.

aroundtheworld
April 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM
LOVE IT! I'm an Irish girl too so I really loved your party. Thanks for sharing with us, how wonderful to be expecting twin baby girls. I'm so happy for you aroundtheworld!

It was a great theme and was so fun. :) Thank you for the positive comments.... I honestly appreciate it. I've experienced both the good and the bad of having twins; the people who are genuinely happy for me and others, who find out and are hurt, and then decide that I no longer exist. I try to put myself in their shoes with whatever situation they've experienced that has caused them to react this way, but the fact remains that no one deserves to be shunned over a blessing they've received. It is what it is, I suppose.

aroundtheworld
April 11th, 2013, 12:47 PM
aroundtheworld- oh my soo beautiful. you must feel soo loved.
I would love to have a baby shower just to celebrate baby and get together w/ loved ones but sadly they are all on the opposite coast:(
my 1st son I had the best super surprise baby shower as we had flown in for summer vaca. and it was just awesome they planned all that for me.

I did and do feel loved, yes. :) Everyone deserves to feel special in that way. And ALL babies should be celebrated!

Your surprise shower sounds lovely! I love surprise parties of any kind.