PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel this way?

iluvmy4sons
April 9th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I am not sure where to write this. I am getting my little girl after 4 boys. I just feel like it is so surreal. I can't believe it. I am afraid something is going to happen to her. I am also afraid that she is going to grow a penis even though I am told I have a textbook gender shot. Don't get my wrong I am so happy to finally get my little girl. I just feel like I am in a dream and in a blink of an eye it will be gone. Has anyone else felt this way when they got their desire gender?

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
yes all the time. For some reason I wasn't worried that she was a he but I do worry a lot about something happening to her and even things like, emotional pain LOL. I worry that I'm not going to be "mom enough" because I'm so much older than the average mom and that I won't be there for her or that my husband or I will do something wrong. I am so thankful that I have her, but it's really scary.

Longingforgirl
April 10th, 2013, 03:38 AM
I am feeling the very same way!!! I put up the scan pictures of her being a girl on the fridge and I have to look at them several times a day just to reasure that I am having a girl this time. I "only" have two sons, but it still feels so surreal. I always felt like I wasn't capable of conceiving a girl. That's why we were going HT. I thought I couldn't have a chance at swaying, having PCO.

Also, I am so afraid that something is still going to happen to her. IF it is really a girl. I can't wait for the next scan and cannot wait for her to be born, because I am so afraid that something still might happen to this pregnancy. Now I am also scared of SIDS and everything else that could happen to her. Knowing someone who just lost her daughter at 2 years of age doesen't help of course :sad: I don't know, but all this joy comes with a lot of worries as well. I wonder for how long I am going to feel this way. I still cannot imagine holding MY (!) baby girl in my arms. I just can't.

RKT Mama
April 10th, 2013, 06:31 AM
3 boys here and I refuse to take the tags off the pink stuff in the drawers till this baby is born and I can be sure.
Have only had one scan and no reason to do another one but petrified she will grow a penis before birth. It took me 2 years of planning, IVF (failed), diets and swaying. Can't believe that I will actually get a girl after all of that.

Won't even tell people I know the gender, not even my own kids in case it backfires.

my4leafclover
April 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM
lol!! yes! My DH and I were just talking about this a few nights ago. It is so hard to believe. I am scared something will go wrong during the pregnancy. I feel like she will be born and the dr. will say, well it is actually a boy there was just a genital malformation. Surreal and numb are the two words that keep coming up for me. I am hoping as her due date gets closer and closer it will feel more and more real.

iluvmy4sons
April 10th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am glad I am not alone. Starting to feel overwhelmed to thinking about all the fall sports I am going to be dragging a newborn too. Starting next week for the next month we have some type of sport 7 days a week and it will be that way in the fall too. I am glad my boys are active and don't sit around playing video games all the time though.