PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

motherofboys
April 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I'm new to the site, joined yesterday.
I have 3 little boys and this is the first time I've had any kind of Gender Desire. I didn't realise how strongly I felt until yesterday. I had my 12 week scan and got a nub shot.
Up until the scan I was really feeling girl. I knew my boys were boys but I didn't trust myself this time, thought it was wishful thinking. During the scan I really felt the baby looked girly. Came away slightly hopeful. Posted my picture on here, in-gender, another site I use. I've had ALL BOY guesses.
And I have discovered just how strong my desire for a daughter is. This is our last baby. DH has drawn the line and I don't know if I can go through another pregnancy (this one has been so much worse than the others) And I'm now convinced it must be a boy with so many people saying boy. I keep thinking about it and getting upset. If there was the chance of another it wouldn't be so bad, but I feel like the dream is already over. I wouldn't allow myself to look at girls things, only boys, now I wish I had looked and dreamed while I could, because if I look at girl stuff now I will cry. I'm even avoiding seeing family and putting off telling the rest of the world a little longer because everyone makes comments about "bet its a girl" or "imagine having 4 boys".
I have a gender scan in May but I'm so close to cancelling it because I feel if its a boy I've wasted the money as I should have known it was one. DH is from a line of all men, Grandad one of 6 boys, he had 3 boys, his son had 3 boys and now we have 3 boys. DH thought we were having a girl every time but now he thinks we are having a boy and he doesn't even know about nub theories.

Sorry that my first post in here is so long and not very pleasant but I need to get it out. I know in the end I will love this baby but I feel so horrible thinking "please be a girl"

xokatietatie
April 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM
You are not alone!! I'm right with you. I have three boys and was very positive that this pregnancy was finally going to mean having a girl, but at my scan on Monday the tech said if she had to guess she'd say boy. I was crushed!! Everyone keeps telling me not to give up hope yet, so I'll pass that along to you. I hope you get your dream girl.

Emily
April 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Don't feel bad about wishing for a girl - you clearly adore your boys otherwise you would not be having another child! You can totally love what you have and still want something different too.

Family pressure is so tricky and I am sure if they had any idea how bad their comments make you feel they wouldn't say them at all. Most people just blurt that stuff out without even thinking - I am pretty sure I was guilty of doing so before I had children. The only people whose opinion matters are your immediate family's and let's face it your boys will love having another team member be it pink or blue.

ELP
April 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
You have found the right place mother:) If this does turn out to be your 4th beautiful little man then I'm sure with a bit of gentle encouragement you can convince DH that just one more for luck, a real handful!!, would make life just fine:) Then you cna study all the swaying information here and have a really good go for that little lady. Did you sway before??

motherofboys
April 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
No I didn't sway although afterwards I started looking at some thing that had be coincidental and hoping that they had been enough. I've just been reading through a post in another section by atomic sage(something) and a lot of the things I thought I had done by accident don't seem to be that effective.

ELP
April 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Alot of the info here is different than the usual things thought to be known on swaying :) To me it makes complete sense will write more tomorrow gtg!

motherofboys
April 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Ok thanks for all your help.

ELP
April 13th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Back again:)
What I wanted to say was! when I 1st found the IG swaying site I knew the concept of swaying made sense:agree: but as I had been lucky enough to have a mixed gender family going there, the info just didnt fit quite right with me. Then I found Kristindoggirls blog on the Trivers Willard ideas and a lightbulb went off! That was like reading my mixed gender family life of ups and downs! Kristin there is out Atomic Sagebrush here;)
When this site was started up I was nearly 3/4 months pg with my 8th, which was the 3rd DD in a row, my 1st 3 gender in a row pattern, but most significantly is that the row of DD's started with a significant lifestyle change, a house move from the house on top of a hill! to a house in a small flat village, PLUS when we moved I got a car, and became very lazy! My weight gained but my muscle, fitness and condition definitely just kept creeping lower, no wonder for the run of pinks! I became a little fat pudding.
So I delivered No8 and started the better nutrition and body condition for a boy approach and bang! back to blue:) (I have to admit that my current bump could well have had more effort for blue but alls welcome at this point:))

So to sum up lol! If this is another beautiful little blue for you, then you are in the same position as me when I found this site! Plenty of time to learn and see whats working and to get a little hope and focus back for now and in the future:)

Best of luck xx

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Its so hard to sift through everything and find the things that apply to me. The idea of the low everything diet scares me. I like my food, I'm not (under normal circumstances) in the position to lose weight. Obviously if I can convince DH to have a smaller age gap then I will still have some baby weight but my baby weight comes off with out any effort and even trying to gain weight is difficult.
At this point I will try anything though LOL

ELP
April 13th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I think that the main thing is to convince your body that it is losing condition more than weight:agree: Like I said on my pink run Ivwas slowly gaining weight but it was all fat! About 1 stone over about 1-2 years. I would eat constantly but it was literally white bread toast with jam or cornflakes/rice crispies literally sweet instant rubbish, so I was never hungry but gradually using up my nutrition and sat wadting muscle!
What kind of things do you eat in a usual week? Proper meals, fruit and eggs? or toast, sweetes and packets of cakes?? I was the latter:bigsmile: but tbh I was pretty depresed at the time and was comfort bingeing lol!!

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I haven't had a great diet over say the past 6 months. And I do have a sweet tooth LOL I have always tried to make sure we had a good dinner because we all eat together and the same thing.
So it doesn't matter HOW much I eat, just WHAT I eat? Because like I say I do like my food LOL
I would say the only thing my diet had been particularly high in was fat and sugar recently. It was one of those things which I thought I might have accidently done.

ELP
April 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Was your fat from good sources or processed sources? For a blue sway we are encouraged to eat good fats, lots of oils and animal fats, plus the type of fats in nuts:agree: Sweets I think are great for a pink sway as they make your sugar spike and fall alot:agree: I know if I was planning a pink sway I would substitute my evening meal for a bowl of sweetened cornflakes for 3 months, hopefully this would be long enough for the lack of nutrition message to get through! I know the kids might then catch on and start saying they want cereal aswell but you'd have to be sneaky:bigsmile:

ELP
April 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM
This is a good article to have a read through, its about different body shapes leaning towards a certain gender. I was fitting the high carb/high sugar when I had my run of pinks, the crash and burn glucose situation:agree:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/3187-big-girls-little-girls-baby-girls-boys.html

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM
DH and I were going out to breakfast when the kids were in school and we needed to get shopping and were having fried breakfasts or a Mac donalds bagel. I would eat junk in the evenings. Or get a take away once the boys were asleep.
The days we had the breakfasts out were the only times I was having breakfast and sometimes I'd miss lunch too and binge on biscuits or sweets in the afternoon. Sometimes stopping at the shop for a bar of chocolate because I was hungry on the way to get the bigger 2 from school.
I'd really given up on the healthy eating LOL
I suppose there is a healthier and more effective way to do it for swaying though LOL
Thinking about it though with it not being long after christmas we still had lots of nuts and like I say our evening meals were healthy with fresh meat and veg in various ways.

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks I will read that

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Ok so I didn't realise the time, I will read it after bed time LOL
From the first little bit I've read I already see where I misunderstood some things. Still, I didn't actually sway this time so can't feel too bad, it was just things that got my hopes up after actually falling pregnant

This describes me

where the BMI does not go below normal and the menstrual cycle is not affected, have more sons.

ELP
April 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Oh yes xmas!! I think xmas and thanksgiving if your US are a blue sway in themselves:) My last unswayed for boy was at xmas:) I think summer is a good time for a pink sway? I find my appetite naturally lighter, easy to live off of ice pops when the weathers nice!

ELP
April 13th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Ok so I didn't realise the time, I will read it after bed time LOL
From the first little bit I've read I already see where I misunderstood some things. Still, I didn't actually sway this time so can't feel too bad, it was just things that got my hopes up after actually falling pregnant

There could still be a chance, I've seen some crazy scans before:) If not then you have plaenty of time to red through AAAALLLLLL of the articles:bigsmile:

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Your right it is very interesting. Now I think about it I can apply it to people I know.
At school there is a lady expecting number 5, She had a boy and 2 girls, then when he youngest was 6 had her 4th. Shortly before she had put on a bit of weight and she had a boy, then she went on a crash diet trying to shift her baby weight and fell pregnant with out meaning to. And shes having a girl!
Still trying to process all the info in there and work out how it applies to me and what I should or shouldn't do. But I have plenty of time like you say to read through ALL the info on here.

desperate4blue
April 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Your right it is very interesting. Now I think about it I can apply it to people I know.
At school there is a lady expecting number 5, She had a boy and 2 girls, then when he youngest was 6 had her 4th. Shortly before she had put on a bit of weight and she had a boy, then she went on a crash diet trying to shift her baby weight and fell pregnant with out meaning to. And shes having a girl!
Still trying to process all the info in there and work out how it applies to me and what I should or shouldn't do. But I have plenty of time like you say to read through ALL the info on here.

Hi there

I know exactly how u feel. I had my 3rd daughter last year and it was only then I started to look into what I wad doung wrong. I dont eat supplements; i have a varied diet consisting of everything as I love my food but dont gain weight. The issue for us is v always start trying for a baby right after my periods ended and never around ov! I feel the timing has always been wrong for us. Im so scared of trying again naturally!what were ur timings like when u conceived ur boys? Any advise?

motherofboys
April 14th, 2013, 05:15 AM
My 1st although I was just taking a guess at when I would O, I had a 'normal' 28 day cycle and we only DTD on the day of O that month due to illness.
With my 2nd I was OPKing and I didn't know anything about timing equalling gender and thought the best day to get pregnant was the day of O. So we did it on the day of O. Bang another boy. Although at this point I didn't care.
My 3rd we DTD about 3 days before O then didn't get another chance. I still wasn't overly concerned about gender but I did have people telling me it was probably a girl because of that. I got a 3rd boy.
So I don't think timing makes a huge difference, but I do think there is still enough in it to have worried me this time when I O'd earlier than expected and ended up having DTD the day before O and the day after.
I think its another boy but we shall see when thats confirmed.

1+2+3boys
May 19th, 2013, 02:04 AM
My 1st although I was just taking a guess at when I would O, I had a 'normal' 28 day cycle and we only DTD on the day of O that month due to illness.
With my 2nd I was OPKing and I didn't know anything about timing equalling gender and thought the best day to get pregnant was the day of O. So we did it on the day of O. Bang another boy. Although at this point I didn't care.
My 3rd we DTD about 3 days before O then didn't get another chance. I still wasn't overly concerned about gender but I did have people telling me it was probably a girl because of that. I got a 3rd boy.
So I don't think timing makes a huge difference, but I do think there is still enough in it to have worried me this time when I O'd earlier than expected and ended up having DTD the day before O and the day after.
I think its another boy but we shall see when thats confirmed.

Do you know yet? I really hope you get your girl