PDA

View Full Version : Cravings! Does salty stuff mean boy???

6bluewant1pink
April 11th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I was craving ice cream,fruit,milk at the very beginning now all of a sudden i am craving salty stuff like pickles. Hope this is not a bad sign meaning boy. I am still craving sweets but salty stuff seem to now be in as well. So what are you all craving? To the women having girls what did you have cravings for? Please say salty stuff :bigsmile: lol.

pebmcpd7
April 11th, 2013, 06:08 PM
When is your gender scan? I have started to like salt again too and I was completely off it doing the LE diet!,

6bluewant1pink
April 11th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Hey pebmcp6 i have a ultrasound early next month i will be little over 12 wks. But that ultrasound is to check for birth defects. Not sure when i will be getting my gender scan thinking sometime in late June. I am wondering should i even find out or wait till the big birth day. I already put bad luck on myself calling the baby a boy :(

Oh i did watch sodium even on my break month that i conceived. But now all of a sudden it's a craving for salty savory type stuff.

pebmcpd7
April 11th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Well my scan pic is very boyish, so I think I'm on the way to having a 7th son!! Doesn't sound too bad LOL!!

6bluewant1pink
April 11th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Aww you never know don't loss hope just yet! But reality hit me i will more than likely be joining you if you are truly having boy #7. I am trying to prepare myself, its so hard just the thought of never having a daughter after trying so many times :tissue:

pebmcpd7
April 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM
You are a lot younger than me! I will just turn 40 having this baby, it is definitely my last :(

6bluewant1pink
April 11th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I am going on CSection #4 i am already pushing it, so this is it! My doctors are already got me nervous about how high risk i am :(

Cinss
April 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
With DD i craved fruits and salads and water and ice, all healthy stuff. With DS i craved lollies, chocolate, and fizzy drinks, all unhealthy stuff.

2boys1girl
April 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I'm carrying a girl and for the first 12-14 weeks craved nothing but salt. In fact, i was very turned off by anything sweet! It's possible!

6bluewant1pink
April 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Cinss i LOVE salad! Yesterday i ate 2 one for lunch/1 for dinner. Burger King Apple &cranberry grilled chicken salad it was so yummy i had to go back for one for dinner lol.

6bluewant1pink
April 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM
You give me some hope 2boys1girl. I had to cut sodium a lot during TTC maybe that's why i have a craving for it now.

strawberrymom
April 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I didn't eat salt for 4 months ttc so I couldn't stand it at first, but definitely want it now.

BabyGirl4Me
April 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I don't know what I'm having yet but the morning sickness has been terrible with this pregnancy. I have been eating lots of small meals to keep it at bay and am just eating whatever I want. Cheese seems to be what I often reach for this time around...so I guess you could say I'm craving that a lot.

shiningstar
April 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I don't really think cravings have to do with gender.. It's more about what your body needs. Since you cut back on sodium while ttc, your body needs to replenish on that. Good luck!! I really hope you get your girl! Stay positive :)