PDA

View Full Version : 8 week u/s yesterday showed a big empty gestational sac.

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
My heart feels the same way. They said the sac was measuring 5 1/2 weeks, and there was no baby or matter or anything in there. I just knew it, the second that picture of the sac came into focus and there was just a black void, I knew it. My heart just sank and I could tell the sonographer was worried too. They have me scheduled for another u/s on May 3 to see if maybe, just maybe, I was dated wrong and the baby was too small to see, but I am pretty sure they were just trying to give me some hope. But I know when we conceived and when I got a bfp, so like I told my DH, unless he has some invisibility powers that our child is already displaying, whatever was in there is gone and resorbed or whatever. They want me to wait it out to see if I pass it all naturally. My body still thinks there's a baby in there apparently, as I still have touches of nausea and big sore boobs, etc.

So, this is failed pregnancy #2, in a row. I'm not sure what to think. I'm not sure if we should try anymore, because I just can't do this many more times. I don't trust that if I get a bfp, that it will actually materialize into a child. I just feel so old and broken. And where did the baby go? What happened? Thanks for listening. I wasn't sure where to post this, but this forum seemed the best place.

Another princess
April 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Big hugs. I am so so sorry.

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Oh no Lola, I am SO sorry. I don't even have the words to tell you. (((hugs))) is not enough.

nuthinbutpink
April 21st, 2011, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry.

ELP
April 21st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Lola:( I am heartbroken for you, this is unfair. It was your turn to fly through with a h&h 9 months. I wish you lived local as you could rant and scream with frustration at my house with a cup of tea and a real hug. So sorry xxx

Flava
April 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Im crying here...so sad...:sad:

I lost 5...but you can have a normal pregnancy after a loss! :hugs:

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/955/955406cppe4wivga.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Aqua
April 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
:sad: Its not fair... and you worked so hard. Its so difficult to get the answers to why. I hope you find peace. We are here for you.

boyjoy
April 21st, 2011, 11:23 AM
Oh no! Lola, i can t believe this. I know there is no word to make you feel better. Don t let yourself down, you have two precious princesses and you ll have your boy when you feel ready. Big big hugs..

iyamaryam
April 21st, 2011, 12:04 PM
Oh hon, I am so sorry. Sending hugs and peace your way.

3Pink1Blue
April 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM
oh honey, I'm so sorry. Big hug and lots and lots of love.

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Ladies, thank you for your support. It's a blighted ovum, I read online....I guess the midwife wanted to give me some hope and not that bleak diagnosis, but that's what it is. And of course, after being manhandled so much yesterday, or maybe my brain is sending messages to my uterus....I am feeling some little cramps that don't feel like happy pregnancy ones.

I know it happens to the best of us, just sucks having the rug pulled out from underneath you like this.

Zivic-Bubac
April 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
:sad:Oh nooo, I'm so terribly sorry :sad: I know words cannot help much now, so I'm sending your way love and peace and hugs :HH:
Chin up, you are a fighter! The important thing now is that you have your 2 precious, healthy girls to care for :HH: and when the time is right, I'm sure you will give them a brother :HH:

Lots and lots of hugs are coming your way :hugs:

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks ZB and everyone, you gals are the best. :awe:

ELP
April 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Thats just crappy Lil, you're like sunshine around here:) It's sad to know your sad.

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Thats just crappy Lil, you're like sunshine around here:) It's sad to know your sad.

:HH: Thank you....we are nothing if not a support to one another, right?

ELP
April 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Exactaly xx
But good heavens it shouldn't have been you again:( Do you have plans atm? Maybe just turn the computer off for a month, enjoy a bit of summer and see what your emotions hold in a few weeks time? Will you let things past naturally now there are signs? I found that my body moved things on itself in the past within a couple of days, gave me time to be sad in my own privacy with no nurses or Doctors involved.

My Fabulous Children
April 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
I can't believe this is happening again! I am so very sorry, My heart is broken for you. Sending you lots of hugs :hugs: :sad:

begonia
April 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
Oh Lola :sad:

I totally agree with ZB, you're such a ray of sunshine on these boards and it breaks my heart that you're having this happen again. Big, big hugs to you (and your DH) right now. :HH:

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Again, thanks. You gals are so sweet.

ELP, I think we are just going to keep going. My kindergartener put it so well yesterday- the girls knew I had an appt and we keep them a part of the family....we believe they should know and experience the hard things in life because they do happen and we can teach them to cope as a family.....anyway, my little one has been studying "life skills" in school, and she says, "Mommy, you just need to have perseverance." It gave me the first smile I had all day.

So, I think we will just do that. I ain't getting any younger either, and to be honest, even though I will still do a boy sway, even if we have a healthy girl, I will not care one bit. Funny how losses make you just appreciate anything!

One of my FB friends did say that I should definitely not have a d&c before I have another u/s, because she has seen countless threads on IG where women were told they had an empty sac only to have something appear a week later on the pre-d&c u/s.....gave me a tiny bit of hope. So, maybe May 3 will show something, although I doubt it. The sonographer said "miracles do happen" and all of the doctors, midwives, and the techs were so sweet and tried to give me a little bit of hope. Do you girls remember any stories about this? I guess I just want something to hang on to in the meantime. I am already feeling a little invigorated by going over Atomic's swaying posts again, and of course, from everyone's kind words.....thanks again, I am so glad we have this cyber village to support each other!

babydes56
April 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Lola, i am so sorry! Dont know what to say to make you feel better. I've sent you a message on FB.

nicnee1976
April 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Lola I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how you must be feeling and I just hope that you can find the courage to keep trying and get the baby you have worked so hard for.

Big hugs to you. xxxx

Hobbermittens
April 21st, 2011, 04:54 PM
I am so sorry Lola!! :( Please don't give up hope.

Zivic-Bubac
April 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
One of my FB friends did say that I should definitely not have a d&c before I have another u/s, because she has seen countless threads on IG where women were told they had an empty sac only to have something appear a week later on the pre-d&c u/s.....gave me a tiny bit of hope. So, maybe May 3 will show something, although I doubt it. The sonographer said "miracles do happen" ITA-don't do d & c before another u/s!!! I know 2 women IRL who were told to go to the D&C ( one of them is my sister) bcos of empty sac and my sister bcos of no heart beat at 9.week. The results were healthy baby girl and for my sister healthy baby boy ( heart beat miracleusly showed on u/s next week http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry034.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Do I need to say how p****d were we at the tech??? Of course she changed her for someone who knows his job.

I'm not trying to give you false hope here, but miracles DO HAPPEN. And even if they don't, stick to your dd's advice, she is so right, in life we so do need perseverance. :HH:

TTC5
April 21st, 2011, 06:13 PM
ITA-don't do d & c before another u/s!!! I know 2 women IRL who were told to go to the D&C ( one of them is my sister) bcos of empty sac and my sister bcos of no heart beat at 9.week. The results were healthy baby girl and for my sister healthy baby boy ( heart beat miracleusly showed on u/s next week http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry034.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Do I need to say how p****d were we at the tech??? Of course she changed her for someone who knows his job.

I'm not trying to give you false hope here, but miracles DO HAPPEN. And even if they don't, stick to your dd's advice, she is so right, in life we so do need perseverance. :HH:

I agree!! This happened to ME!!!!!

Lola - I am praying for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DoulaMama
April 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Oh my goodness!! I just saw this. I'm so sorry Lola :( I'm in tears. I can't believe this is happening to you. I pray that you find peace and healing if this truly is a blighted ovum but I'm sending healthy baby boy vibes to you and I hope you get your miracle baby. (((HUGS)))
Lots of love~~

boyjoy
April 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
FX for May 3rd, i ll be out of country then but ll keep stalking you .. Your dd is so right, she is adorable.. My heart is with you..

mmsgirlie22
April 22nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'm sending you tons of hugs to you. :hugs: I'm sorry for your loss.

princessap
April 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Lola, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Big hugs to you!
I agree with what everyone else is saying, definitely wait for another u/s before doing anything. With my second DD they tried telling me early on that she was an ectopic pregnancy and I refused to let them do anything as I knew it was way too early to tell that...she is now a happy, healthy 2 year old!
Stick to what your heart tells you to do...fingers crossed for you that everything turns out well.

Freya
April 24th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I'm so very sorry, Lola :sadflwr: , I posted in the Due in Dec forum too. My thoughts are with you!

3Pink1Blue
April 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
FX and hoping with all my heart that your little bean is just being sneaky.

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 03:22 AM
Lola, my husband is an Obstetrician and he said that early scans are not always reliable. He always said to me dont be upset if you dont see a heartbeat today when I went for my early or first scans xxxxx Hoping this will come true for you xxx

LolaInLove
April 23rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Lola, my husband is an Obstetrician and he said that early scans are not always reliable. He always said to me dont be upset if you dont see a heartbeat today when I went for my early or first scans xxxxx Hoping this will come true for you xxx

Thanks, Nini. I unfortunately did lose that one (it was a year ago), but there was a gal here who pm'ed me because she saw this thread and I encouraged her to wait on the D&C and she did see a heartbeat a week later. I had really hoped that would be the case for me last May, but lo and behold, I did start to miscarry about 1.5 weeks after the scan. How nice having an OB husband!

nini
April 24th, 2012, 03:45 AM
aw god, sorry to be replying to an ancient thread, since it was April too I never noticed. Sorry you miscarried :( Hope you will be pregnant real soon.

About the OB husband, its not always that great. I like going to my own OB who pay a lot of attention when my husband usually just says something along the lines "just get on with it"... ha ha ha..xxx

LolaInLove
April 24th, 2012, 02:01 PM
No worries! I appreciate your post! Funny about your DH, I know what you mean. It's nice to have a dr dote over you, but how reassuring to have one there. Do you have homebirths?

fresas
April 24th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I'm so sorry. May 3rd must feel like an eternity from now.

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Lola, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Big hugs to you!
I agree with what everyone else is saying, definitely wait for another u/s before doing anything. With my second DD they tried telling me early on that she was an ectopic pregnancy and I refused to let them do anything as I knew it was way too early to tell that...she is now a happy, healthy 2 year old!
Stick to what your heart tells you to do...fingers crossed for you that everything turns out well.

Hi Princess, how early did they call out "a" ectopic pregnancy? I'm just curious because I have to prepare for anything at this point.

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 12:29 AM
FX and hoping with all my heart that your little bean is just being sneaky.

DITTO! There are miracles every day Lola, and If it doesn't happen this time, the chances of conception increase for the cycle afterwards! I will keep you in my prayers sweetie!

atomic sagebrush
April 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Please take note that this is actually a thread from April of 2011 - not 2012!!!

Myloves
April 29th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Please take note that this is actually a thread from April of 2011 - not 2012!!!

I always get kinda confused when threads from a year ago pop up... but it was sweet of nini to post anyway.

LolaInLove
April 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Please take note that this is actually a thread from April of 2011 - not 2012!!! Yes, didn't want anyone thinking I had another unfortunate blighted ovum! But it's a good thread to learn from if you think you are in this situation. You guys are sweet to post though.

Butterfly, Princessap is not on here much anymore (we email though), but I can tell you that a good friend IRL had an ectopic and she had horrid pains all of the sudden and had to go to the ER. Apparently once the pregnancy get large enough, it will REALLY hurt, and from my knowledge, that is how most women get diagnosed- from going in with severe pain.

But yes, it was super sweet of Nini to post!!!!

LolaInLove
April 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
DITTO! There are miracles every day Lola, and If it doesn't happen this time, the chances of conception increase for the cycle afterwards! I will keep you in my prayers sweetie!

Thank you! I will take all of the prayers I can get!