PDA

View Full Version : Questions on my boy sway :)

Alexis2007
April 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
I have just started my boy sway for when we ttc at the end of June. My plan is to eat as many of the foods on the boy diet as I possibly can lol. I am also adding lemon juice to all of the water I drink (at the moment all I drink is water since I've been trying to lose weight that last 2 months--lost 18lbs :bigsmile:)

I've also been drinking 3 servings of the bs drink each day. I had been drinking 1 serving of the cot drink as well, but I've ran out of cot. It's so expensive and I can't find anything bigger than a 1.5oz bottle of it (at a decent price) so I don't think I'm going to do that anymore. Would just drinking orange juice everyday be just as good?

I think I will do fine on my sodium intake, it's just the potassium intake I'm going to have trouble getting in each day. I really don't want to gain weight on this boy diet, any advice? I'm going to try to keep up my workout routine so I can at least maintain my current weight.

My supplements I am currently taking include my Prenatal, EPO (3x a day), Folic Acid (1,000mg), and 150mg B6. My prenatal includes 800mg folid acid for a total of 1,800mg. Do I need to increase that since I am taking the bs drink?

I already have 2 daughters and I've NEVER, absolutely NEVER had ewcm in my life!! I'm thinking this is my main problem of being able to ttc a boy. I'm hoping the EPO will help with that. Anything else that will help with that? Will all the potassium I'm taking in help with that too?

TIA for the advice!!!

Flava
April 21st, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi
Do not loose weight if you ttc blue because it's sway pink. Lemon water is good you can also try ACV and juice witp potassium like v8 fusion's. You don't have to put on much weight ( I don't want to go over 5 lbs but well see)
There is a sups and other things here (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2318-Links-to-supplements-for-swaying) what can help you and DH to ttc boy.

Alexis2007
April 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
I hope to not gain ANY weight with the boy diet lol!!! Hoping to just maintain the weight I'm at now. It's SO hard for me to lose weight for some reason :(

Flava
April 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
I hope to not gain ANY weight with the boy diet lol!!! Hoping to just maintain the weight I'm at now. It's SO hard for me to lose weight for some reason :(

same for me...but I can put it on speedy fast:mad:

begonia
April 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
I think a great source of potassium that is low-cal if you're concerned about that (but really, losing weight sways girl - if you're TTC June I would put the weight loss on hold now) is V8 Spicy Hot low sodium. It has 1000 mg potassium per serving, so I usually drink 2-3 servings a day, because it is so easy, no cooking or prep work, just pour a glass. Add a couple tablespoons of NYF and you get an additional 400 mg potassium. Also look over the list of high potassium foods and include those in your diet. Some that are super healthy and low-cal are things like melon, tomato, and of course potatoes!

Personally I would throw in a bit more folic, I know you're getting 1800, but with all the sodium - particularly from the BSD- I would be taking more.... you can't OD on folic acid. I take 2400 a day right now. It's cheap and it sure won't hurt to take a bit more.

Re: EWCM, I too take EPO and have actually found it to work, but it took me 2 cycles of taking it to notice a difference. I also drink 2 tea bags of green tea a day, and eat a couple of grapefruit during my AF-O. All of those are good, natural ways to help. I've seen a difference. Still wouldn't say I have tons of the stuff but it is noticeably more than what I had! You could also consider adding Fish Oil; it will also help with EWCM and is great for general health.

What is your workout routine? Is it different than when you TTC'd and got pink? I too have continued to workout while swaying but modified it to be vastly different than what I did when I got my little ladies.

Alexis2007
April 22nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
So I increased my folic acid intake to 2800. I think that'll be good :)

My exercise routine is going to the gym and doing the elliptical for 30 minutes, maybe the treadmill for a bit, and then I do some of the weight machines that work my arms, shoulders, and back (I feel like I have a lot of back fat). I also *try* to do the 30 day shred every night, but usually don't make it each night lol. It focuses on strength training, cardio, and abs. All of my weight is in my belly :(

My exercise routine when I conceived my girls was.....absolutely nothing.....lol. No exercise except chasing around kids. But when I conceived both of them I weighed less than I do now. I am going to put weight loss on hold for now. I just don't want to gain any weight back that I've worked SO hard to lose the last 2 months. How much will weight loss affect my sway?

I will look into the V8, but did buy some OJ yesterday at the store. I drink a lot of lemon water too. Will that help much?

ELP
April 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Weight loss is a big pink swayer, so your right to put it on hold:) Concentrate on burning fat by building muscle:agree: It would be a good idea to add guanifesen to your sway, take it 3 times a day for the 5 days before and including O day, it changed my cm from 1/2 a day of ewcm to 4-5 days of plentiful!

Alexis2007
April 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Weight loss is a big pink swayer, so your right to put it on hold:) Concentrate on burning fat by building muscle:agree: It would be a good idea to add guanifesen to your sway, take it 3 times a day for the 5 days before and including O day, it changed my cm from 1/2 a day of ewcm to 4-5 days of plentiful!

That's Robitussin, right? Should I start it now or just do it on the cycle we TTC in June? Thanks for the advice!

ELP
April 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Well I'd have a trial run month to see if it makes a big difference for you, it's not an expensive thing so I'd add it straight away:agree:

Alexis2007
April 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ok I will try that too! Thanks :)

Flava
April 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
V8 Spicy Hot low sodium. It has 1000 mg potassium per serving, so I usually drink 2-3 servings a day, because it is so easy, no cooking or prep work, just pour a glass. Add a couple tablespoons of NYF and you get an additional 400 mg potassium.

why the spicy hot? is that better then regular v8? I just don't think I like to drink spicy hot:think: Do you taste the NYF in it?? ( I was thinking to order tablets..)

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
May I ask what your workout entails??? Working out A LOT actually causes your muscles to shrink and sways pink, not blue. Try to keep your workouts to 45 minutes, 4-5 days a week, and be sure to add in weights if you don't already.

If you're lifting weight, you will find that you actually can gain a few pounds and actually lose inches and look great!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
So I increased my folic acid intake to 2800. I think that'll be good :)

My exercise routine is going to the gym and doing the elliptical for 30 minutes, maybe the treadmill for a bit, and then I do some of the weight machines that work my arms, shoulders, and back (I feel like I have a lot of back fat). I also *try* to do the 30 day shred every night, but usually don't make it each night lol. It focuses on strength training, cardio, and abs. All of my weight is in my belly :(

My exercise routine when I conceived my girls was.....absolutely nothing.....lol. No exercise except chasing around kids. But when I conceived both of them I weighed less than I do now. I am going to put weight loss on hold for now. I just don't want to gain any weight back that I've worked SO hard to lose the last 2 months. How much will weight loss affect my sway?

I will look into the V8, but did buy some OJ yesterday at the store. I drink a lot of lemon water too. Will that help much? Durf, I should have read a bit farther!!!

That is A LOT of exercise, but I think it's a great sign that you didn't exercise with your girls but you are now. I would continue doing what you're doing (DON'T lose any more weight though!) for maybe a bit less time, and drop the 30 day shred or only do that on days you don't go to the gym. Both exercising too much, and not exercising at all, tend to sway pink, so just make sure you don't overdo and end up going to the other extreme.

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Oh, and the Spicy Hot low sodium has more potassium than the regular spicy hot and still a pretty fair amount of sodium too!

Flava
April 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Oh, and the Spicy Hot low sodium has more potassium than the regular spicy hot and still a pretty fair amount of sodium too!

thanks now I will buy this one (hope it's not to spicy )lol

My Fabulous Children
April 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM

I use the low sodium, it has 820 mg potassium per serving, but the spicy does sounds more better. Will try that one, but I hope it's not hot.

begonia
April 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I actually don't like very spicy things in general, but I find the overall flavor of the spicy hot V8 to be better! It isn't that spicy/hot IMHO ... I held off trying it for awhile b/c I was afraid of the spice but it really isn't bad. I actually have grown to really crave the stuff, LOL!

Flava I can taste the NYF's more as a thickener than an actual flavor. It took a few times for me to get used to them in there but I can tolerate it now.

Alexis2007
April 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Durf, I should have read a bit farther!!!

That is A LOT of exercise, but I think it's a great sign that you didn't exercise with your girls but you are now. I would continue doing what you're doing (DON'T lose any more weight though!) for maybe a bit less time, and drop the 30 day shred or only do that on days you don't go to the gym. Both exercising too much, and not exercising at all, tend to sway pink, so just make sure you don't overdo and end up going to the other extreme.

Oh no, I definitely don't go to the gym every day. I guess I should have said that lol. I usually only go every other day so about 3-4 times per week and only work out for about 45 minutes. I'm definitely gonna focus more on the weight machines/strength training. I might even do my own weight routine at home instead of the shred.

Thanks for the advice :)

My Fabulous Children
April 25th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I actually don't like very spicy things in general, but I find the overall flavor of the spicy hot V8 to be better! It isn't that spicy/hot IMHO ... I held off trying it for awhile b/c I was afraid of the spice but it really isn't bad. I actually have grown to really crave the stuff, LOL!

Flava I can taste the NYF's more as a thickener than an actual flavor. It took a few times for me to get used to them in there but I can tolerate it now.

Thanks for sharing Begonia will try the spicy one, lol.