PDA

View Full Version : PreSeed or Egg whites?!

sdmommy
April 22nd, 2011, 12:34 AM
I was set on using eggwhites but after reading a few posts seems most people over here are using PreSeed instead. IF I use EW I'll have to sneak it in. What're your thoughts?!

My Fabulous Children
April 22nd, 2011, 12:46 AM
Use egg whites. The ph is perfect. The pH of preseed is lower than what you want for ttc boy. I believe preseed sways girl. more people end up pregnant with girls from preseed than boys. IMO.

TTC5
April 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
I am still unsure!!??

Flava
April 22nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
If I really and up ttc I will use EW for sure. preseed has a lower ph and we don't want that.
But if you just can't for any reason then use the preseed.

TTC5
April 22nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
What about pre seed and a touch of bs mixed in?

sdmommy
April 23rd, 2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the advice! I'll go with the eggwhites then- does anyone know how much we're supposed to use?

My Fabulous Children
April 23rd, 2011, 02:09 AM
5 ML

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Just adding my 2 cents.....I did NOT get pg with ew for 4 months, with perfect timing. When I switched to preseed, 2 bfps in a row (both m/c, but still). I only had the Phion strips, and I could not tell the exact ph of my ew, but they were high, in the 9s I believe. And I know Atomic does not believe that you need a sky-high ph to conceive a boy. I'm not saying not to try it, but just be aware that you should really have a good digital ph tester or something really accurate to make sure the ew ph is not too high. Also, I just don't think my body or DH's sperm liked that high of a ph. Can't be sure, but with 4 months of bfns, it makes me conclude that something was not jiving with the ew!

iluvmyman
April 25th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Check out this post regarding pre-seed that atomic addressed: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1111-Pre-Seed
Pre-seed is supposed to be a sperm friendly lube w/ PH of 7.1 - 7.4 and I read that you should have a PH of at least 8 for ttc boy. I've only read that it's supposed to be boy friendly but My Fabulous Children probably has more knowledge of people's outcome. Although as LolaInLove said, Atomic made me feel a little better w/ PH saying that high might not be necessary. Pre-seed is supposed to be boy friendly but the EW is what I'm going with because of the higher PH. Although, I also read that you can raise the PH of pre-seed by putting some in a paper cup and then mix like 4 pinches on BS and stir. It's OK if color changes but not consistency. If it's at an 8 then you can use a dropper to retrieve it from the cup. I've never tested this though and didn't buy pre-seed since I am planning on using EW of 9 PH. I figured you just use the whole egg white so the 5 ml is interesting and I hadn't read that before.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Use egg whites. The ph is perfect. The pH of preseed is lower than what you want for ttc boy. I believe preseed sways girl. more people end up pregnant with girls from preseed than boys. IMO.

Pre-Seed doesn't sway girl, and there are plenty of people who have conceived boys on Pre-Seed. If anything, it doesn't sway at all because its pH is perfect for maximum sperm survival (of BOTH genders.)

The stats on Pre-Seed are hard to understand because a lot of people with fertility issues are using Pre-Seed, and they may be a lot more likely to have girls anyway. Like, a woman with hostile CM or a guy with low sperm count will be told by their doc to use Pre-Seed but they are more likely to conceive girls. Another person without those issues could use PreSeed and it will totally sway blue for them.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
I was set on using eggwhites but after reading a few posts seems most people over here are using PreSeed instead. IF I use EW I'll have to sneak it in. What're your thoughts?!

I like PreSeed because it's designed to maximize sperm survival and I am not sold on the very high pH swaying blue. People have gotten infections from egg whites and some DH's get skeeved out by the eggs.

IT's totally up to you what you use though! Both probably work.