PDA

View Full Version : Was your intuition wrong?

shiningstar
April 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
At the beginning of my pregnancy I went back & forth on what I thought this baby was. For the last couple weeks I've been thinking boy. I hope I'm wrong!!! I think my feelings of it not being possible to have a girl might have an affect on my intuition. Also, I know it sounds crazy, but I recently had two internet psychic readings that said boy. To me, this confirmed the baby is probably a boy. I would love to hear from others that were wrong with their intuition. :wink:

Rosie85
April 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mine was wrong. I thought girl and it was a boy but I feel my intuition was clouded by the sway so who knows!

motherofboys
April 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
It was right with my 3 DS's. This time its been saying girl but I don't trust it and my nub shot points towards boy.

Mrs_P
April 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
i was sure ds1 was a boy and he was, ds2 no idea, ds3 when i first pee'd on the stick i thought it was a boy but as pregnancy progressed i was so sure he was a girl and fell hard at 20 weeks when i heard boy (but then we had swayed). This one i was so sure it was a boy, didn't think a girl was possible (although i did notice when i'd mentioned the babe on here when i read my posts back i noticed i subconsciously put 'she' at times - maybe it was trying to tell me something !).

I think gut feelings can be right but the only true one i have ever had was with ds1, others have been clouded by gd and swaying and too many emotions to be accurate. I'd be more likely to trust a good nub shot for an early idea than anything else

shiningstar
April 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Anyone else?
1 week until my ultrasound and I'm grasping for hope! lol

ThreeMenAndALAdy
April 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
My intuition has never been right. I always thought I was having a girl, but have 4 boys. The one time I did get a girl, I thought it would be another boy. lol

sbowman
April 17th, 2013, 01:56 PM
My intuition is usually very good, but I was wrong about my second baby's gender. I felt very strongly at 6 weeks onward that it was a girl, but he was a boy.

mommymachine
April 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I would have bet a million dollars that DS2 was a girl. I was blown away when I found out he was a he! With DS1 I wasn't sure. DS3 I started thinking girl but as it got closer to my ultrasound my heart knew he was a boy. DD I kinda thought girl at the beginning but then didn't have a feel one way or the other. The biggest strongest gut feeling was with DS2 and I was wrong.

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I thought for sure DS 3 was a girl. That's why I had such bad GD, I didn't even have a gender pref. when I got pg wiht him.

shiningstar
April 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Ok, y'all are making me feel better!! I do sometimes feel like it could be a girl but quickly dismiss that feeling because it seems impossible. Hope I am totally wrong!

I'm really interested to see if my oldest son is right. He has said from day one that it's a girl. He is so sure. He was right when I was pregnant with ds2.. Maybe he'll get it right again. :)

BabyGirl4Me
April 17th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Ok, y'all are making me feel better!! I do sometimes feel like it could be a girl but quickly dismiss that feeling because it seems impossible. Hope I am totally wrong!

I'm really interested to see if my oldest son is right. He has said from day one that it's a girl. He is so sure. He was right when I was pregnant with ds2.. Maybe he'll get it right again. :)

I completely relate to what you're saying here shiningstar. I guess in my head, I almost think that me having a girl is almost too good to be true or something. But almost is the key word. I feel my sway was good and I do have a good chance at getting a daughter this time around.

My DH was convinced DS was a boy from the start, when I strongly thought he was a girl. This time around I'm feeling too afraid of this baby to officially guess, and DH is convinced this baby is a girl. I hope he's going to be right for 2/2.

Hope you hear girl at your ultrasound too. :luck:

6bluewant1pink
April 17th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Shiningstar i feel the way you do. I had my hopes so so up with #3-6 and don't wanna have them up so much this time. My oldest son also guessed girl for me he ALWAYS guess boy with #4-6! i told him no its gonna be a girl but He was right each time a boy! So i pray he is right this time. Oh He also said mom start wishing for a boy and y'all get the opposite girl lol.

CherryBlossom
April 17th, 2013, 08:56 PM
DS1- thought both throughout the pregnancy. However had a very very very strong feeling it was a girl the whole pregnancy. Even my partner did too. Had a lot of girl symptoms. I just felt all girl. Even though I had always wanted a boy first my hole life. I was in love with the fact I thought he was a she. Well come labour day 'she' was born with extra parts .... That's how my GD started.
I was very wrong there.

DS2 even though we knew it could be either or and I was hoping it was a girl. I knew deep down it was a boy. Everyone who asked me what I thought, I'd say boy. So it was no surprise when we came out of the US and bought blue.
Felt disappointed but nothing like I did with my first.

Satox3
April 19th, 2013, 03:01 AM
I had three friends think for sure they were having boys, and they ended up having little girls. I also knew of one friend who thought for sure she was having a girl, and had a boy. So there's still hope!

iluvmy4sons
April 19th, 2013, 09:06 AM
At the beginning of my pregnancy I went back & forth on what I thought this baby was. For the last couple weeks I've been thinking boy. I hope I'm wrong!!! I think my feelings of it not being possible to have a girl might have an affect on my intuition. Also, I know it sounds crazy, but I recently had two internet psychic readings that said boy. To me, this confirmed the baby is probably a boy. I would love to hear from others that were wrong with their intuition. :wink:

Mine was wrong. I really thought I was having my 5th boy and I was wrong.

hotdogz&boyz
April 20th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I am 1 for 3! Lol. DH, on the other hand, is 3 for 3.

I guessed boy for my first and was correct. I was wishy-washy on my second, but felt more girly. I was a bit surprised to hear he was a he. I was 190% sure #3 was a boy. And wrong again. DH won't generally tell he his guess til we are close to finding out. But he nailed it all three times. No idea how he knows!

hopingforsaskia
April 20th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Mine was way off. Altered a lot by gd and my sway. I think it's possible for it to be accurate but most likely not if you're swaying. :)

Rainbow baby
April 20th, 2013, 06:32 PM
No yes yes yes :) I look at the fact I have always wanted a little girl and after ds1 was a girl I kind of gave up hope and convinced myself boy to ease the pain.

sbowman
April 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Your ultrasound is today right? Hope you hear pink!

shiningstar
April 24th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Your ultrasound is today right? Hope you hear pink!

Yes, it is :) Thank you!!!

I'm so very nervous right now.:nails:

grace03
May 28th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I didn't have a clue with no. 1 which I didn't find out with (boy) second I thought boy and was right, 3rd I thought was a girl and was hit hard when it was my 3rd boy, this one I have no idea and im scared to even contemplate it being a girl because I know (as hard as I try not to) i'm going to be a bit sad about it if it's a boy xxx

meeks32
June 22nd, 2013, 11:52 PM
What happened at the ultrasound?

I was convinced that ds1 was a girl, had dreams about a girl, GD thought he was a girl, I never imagined he would be a boy, but he was!

Ds2 I had no inkling, didn't dare guess. That pregnancy was so so different from the first I wondered if that meant a different gender. The second I saw his feet on the 20w scan all I could think was "of that's a girl, she has the most manly feet I've ever seen" so I knew from then, and the scan confirmed it.

This time I refuse to guess. I hope it's a girl but swaying will have effected my ability to be objective!

Kitty0911
June 23rd, 2013, 12:56 AM
Both boys I knew. I was even dreaming about having a girl with DS2 and yet I still knew he was a he.

Ittakes2
June 27th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Not yet. With my first I dreamt I was having a boy, and I did. With my second, I had zero clue what I was having except that the pregnancy was very similar to my first one, and I had another boy.

sushikitty
July 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mine was wrong 4 times. I was right with my daughter (2nd born). But I think it was because I wanted a daughter anyways.

lemonade
July 3rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm 11 weeks, and even though I've had dreams where they're zooming in on a potty shot and it's all girl, I'm already just assuming this one's another boy. In fact I had to stop myself from buying matching teddy bear baby boy and toddler pajamas on Gap a few minutes ago. That's how convinced I am. I just assume that I'm not going to get a daughter that easily simply because I want one so badly. It would almost be too good to be true. I can't even imagine being in a position where the tech tells me "girl". It just doesn't seem likely somehow. I guess I'm afraid to get too hopeful. The only things that kinda hint possible girl is my skin is REALLY bad this time (it cleared up with DS) and I had worse morning sickness this time, and I have been a basket case mood-wise. My NT scan is next week so we shall see if my ultrasound dreams and symptoms were spot on, or if my convincing myself it's a boy really meant something.

With my DS, he was a girl in every pregnancy dream, though I don't think I had any clear gender ultrasound dreams with him. I was a little taken aback at the NT scan when the tech said "80% chance it's a boy".

So I don't even know anymore.

iwonder
July 16th, 2013, 12:44 AM
My intuition was right on with DS1 and correct until I got the nub shots checked here with DS2 (most said girl so that influenced my feeling). With this one I lean girl, but it is a whisper, and of course could be because I want a girl.

TryingFor#3
July 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM
I was right both times with my DDs. I thought they both were girls the minute I got my BFP.

LUVBEBI
August 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
My intuition is not there, maybe because I wanted a girl so much after my first DS.

3littleladies
September 3rd, 2013, 03:04 AM
Wrong for me!
I really really thought my 3rd was a boy, maybe cause I really wanted her to be?

Bella29
September 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
How did the scan go?? I just read this thread and now I am so intrigued to know.

otisismycat
February 27th, 2014, 01:05 PM
With my first son I had expected boy but I really wanted a boy so I tried to prepare myself for a girl. Every time someone would say they thought I was going to have a girl I would get really defensive and say no it'll be a boy! But when I would sit and think by myself I'd assume girl. Well he turned out to be a boy! This time from the very beginning I have a huge feeling I am having a girl. Not like last time where I'm trying to brace myself. I only think and dream about having a baby girl. We will see, haha. Hopefully I'm wrong!

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2014, 10:57 AM
How did the scan go?? I just read this thread and now I am so intrigued to know.

Her avatar looks like it was a boy.

Mrsandmama
March 5th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I knew Ds1 was a boy and I was right. DS2- I KNEW he was a girl, until I used my doppler one day and found the heartbeat on my right side. I knew right then he was a boy, even though the 12 week nub scan looked 100% girl. We found out at 14 weeks he was a BOY! So I was totally wrong with him! With this one, I'm going back and forth. A part of me feels it's a boy but the other part of me says no- it's a girl! Only a few more weeks till we find out!

dreaminginblue
March 5th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I was convinced DD1 was a boy but I think that was more GD than with DD2 I had days when I didn't get pregnancy symptoms and started to wonder if it could be a boy. Chinese Calender said boy but alas she is all girl

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2014, 11:24 AM
That d@mn Chinese Gender Predictor really messed with my head for DS 3. I didn't even have a gender preference when I got pregnant with him - I thought a girl would be fun but I was totally ok with a boy too, but the OWT, symptoms and CGP were all girl girl girl. :S

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I was right with my boys and have had a feeling this is a boy since I got pregnant. Will find out on Wednesday if I am 3 for 3 :)

Mulberry Smurf
March 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Thought ds1 was a boy and ds2 was a girl so 50/50 so far!!

SamS_TTCPink
March 13th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I was right with DS1 - even went out and bought everything blue! Lucky I was right. ;)

With DS2 I had no idea.

With the twins I was certain they were a girl, and then when we found out they were twins, I was so sure they'd be twin girls. Nope, both boys.

With DS5 I thought girl and was so devastated when I was told boy.

With DS6 I was hopeful for a girl, the Chinese chart said girl. One of those stupid urine tests said girl, but he is a boy! I wasn't as upset though as I think I'd come to the conclusion that I was never going to get a girl.

Now, although TTC pink and swaying, still pretty sure we will have another boy. :(

GreaseMonkey
March 13th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Update on me:

I guess my intuition this time around was wrong. I thought for sure it was a boy but was confirmed girl yesterday....I was wrong and everyone else was right lol

mamablossom
May 23rd, 2014, 10:18 PM
My intuition was so far off it is not even funny, I thought all FOUR of my girls were boys! LOL. We only discovered the gender by us with DD 2. With DD 1 I could have sworn she was a boy, DH an I were certain we'd have a football team! Needless to say we got a lovely little lady. With DD 2 I was hospitalized with severe morning sickness and everyone thought I was having a girl, I thought boy until we had the half way US and found out she was a girl. With DDs 3 and 4 I'd have bet my house they were boys. Nope, 2 more girls! Love my little princesses to death, don't think we make blue ones!

mamablossom
May 24th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Also, as far as symptoms go - I had girl symptoms in all 4 pregnancies, to a varying extent. I had morning sickness with DD1, severe morning sickness with DD2, mild morning sickness with DD3 and DD4. For the entire first trimester I couldn't look at anything sweet and could only stomach plain, savoury food. Then at about 15 weeks I started to REALLY crave sweets - fruit, juice, sweet potatoes, spicy foods and chocolate - especially nutella (by the jar!). I'm quite a slight frame so people thought I was carrying 'like a boy' but I felt the weight go on around my butt, hips and waist as well as my tummy so I felt like I was carrying like a girl mum would. I carried REALLY low with all 4 girls. I also got oilier skin and hair and linea nigra.

WantingPink
May 25th, 2014, 01:05 AM
My intuition sucks!! DS1 I thought was a boy. DS2 I thought was a girl. Had girl symptoms and all my friends said I was carrying like a girl. So when I heard boy at the 20 week uls it really messed with me. Then with DD1 I thought for sure it was a boy since I didn't do a full blown sway. I thought this LO was a boy although I knew my diet and BF was way girl. I am terrible at intuition!!

CherryBlossom
May 25th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Ds1 I could have sworn girl!!!
Ds2 I knew boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlelotus29
July 4th, 2015, 02:41 PM
mine was spot on. right from my bfp. the old wives tales were sort of right for me in certain ways- weight gain only in my stomach, great, glowing skin, no morning sickness, appetite for red meat like no other-- but it was not the wives tales that led me to believe i was having a boy. i just (without a doubt) felt boy.

Lissastick
September 4th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Mine has been completely right. I knew DS1 was a boy...I am 98% (the percentage keeps climbing) sure this baby in my belly is a boy. I would eat my SHOE if I was wrong! Lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kc15880
September 4th, 2016, 01:16 AM
totally wrong for me! DS2 was a failed shettles (we bd 5days before +opk). His pregnancy was completely different to DS1 & I was absolutely sure he was a girl. I was shattered when they said boy at our 20week scan. So this time around I am going to talk myself into having another boy to lessen the disappointment.

atomic sagebrush
September 5th, 2016, 12:52 PM
I thought for sure DS 3 was a girl. That's why I had such bad GD, I didn't even have a gender pref. when I got pg wiht him.

just quoting myself here. I felt like I just KNEW DS 1 was a boy and he was (but wanted a boy badly) and did not have a strong feeling with DS 2. So when DS 3 came along and I had that strong girl vibe, I completely fell for it hook line and sinker and at my ultrasound it felt like "she" had been replaced by changeling or something.

I know no one ever listens to me on these type of threads which is totally cool LOL but I just get nervous when I read them because I know so many people aside from myself whose feelings were crushed by intuition. :/

MrsSparkles
December 17th, 2016, 02:45 PM
I was right with my intuition

XXforhubby
December 17th, 2016, 02:54 PM
I was right with DS1 and DS3. DS2 tricked me at all of the ultrasounds. He looked petite, but he was very much a he confirmed at 16 weeks!

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]One Last Pink Sway[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Throwaway_panther
December 21st, 2016, 12:34 PM
I think there's a study somewhere on here, or maybe I read it elsewhere, that said pregnant women's intuition with the sex of their child can be somewhere near 70%, but that women that had a strong desire for any particular sex had dramatically lower correct intuition.

I had an insanely strong desire for a boy, but had a strong intuition my DD was a girl -- my husband thought she was a girl from the day of the BFP, and he's not one to go on intuition ever. I think the only time I ever faltered (even with every glaring old wive's tale saying boy) was when I had a very vivid dream of our anatomy scan revealing boy a few days before, but then the morning of I just KNEW we'd be having a girl for sure.

I had a strong intuition my recent loss was a boy, but who knows if that was correct intuition or just desire.

squigglepink
December 21st, 2016, 12:56 PM
I think there's a study somewhere on here, or maybe I read it elsewhere, that said pregnant women's intuition with the sex of their child can be somewhere near 70%, but that women that had a strong desire for any particular sex had dramatically lower correct intuition.

I had an insanely strong desire for a boy, but had a strong intuition my DD was a girl -- my husband thought she was a girl from the day of the BFP, and he's not one to go on intuition ever. I think the only time I ever faltered (even with every glaring old wive's tale saying boy) was when I had a very vivid dream of our anatomy scan revealing boy a few days before, but then the morning of I just KNEW we'd be having a girl for sure.

I had a strong intuition my recent loss was a boy, but who knows if that was correct intuition or just desire.

Sorry for your recent loss xx

I was 100% certain my second was a girl but i think it was me convincing myself that i CAN have a girl after a boy like the rest of my family have done. I was even sure after our 20 week scan revealed boy that maybe they got it wrong.. I was hoping on delivery day it would be a girl. It was not, it was my beautiful (naughty) second son. I have lost two babies and im almost sure they were girls.. But, again, that is more than likely mixed up with my strong desire for one.

Lissastick
December 21st, 2016, 02:32 PM
I always thought intuition would be skewed in favor of the desired sex in that case...

My intuition was right both times. I had a preference for a girl the second time, but, my intuition said boy. And I was right.

I actually really preferred a boy with my first, and I also knew that I was having a boy. So, in my case, my preferences didn't affect my awesomely accurate intuition. Haha!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2016, 05:55 PM
It was one study done 2 decades ago in a group of 100 women.

Personally, I was dead wrong on my intuition with DS 3 and I didn't even have a gender pref. with him when I got pregnant. A huge part of the reason I had a gender preference was because of my "intuition". I was just so sure he was a girl that when I heard boy, it was like he had usurped "her" place. But "she" never even existed.

I really prefer you guys be cautious with intuition. It makes people very unhappy. Either it ruins pregnancy, or it sets you up for a huge disappointment.

cosmosis
December 21st, 2016, 06:08 PM
If I'm honest with myself, I was right, but in denial. I wanted a boy so badly lol. At my 20 week scan I asked my OB "is it a boy?" and she halfheartedly said "it looks like it may be a boy, heh."This confirmed to me that my intuition was right, and she didn't want to hurt my feelings LOL! I continued to talk myself into the baby being a boy though. Since we had no official confirmation I told family it was a surprise baby and my baby shower was gender neutral.

The day of my shower I wasn't feeling the baby very much and I got very worried, so I left to a quiet room and had a sugary drink (before my healthy days) and laid there with a knowing I carried a baby girl. My grandma mentioned to me when I came out of the room that my belly was shaped like a girl belly haha.

When she was born, I didn't have to hear the doctor say it, I already knew. So yeah, my intuition was right, but my mind was convinced it couldn't be simply because it isn't what I wanted. I regret not buying cute girly things before she was born. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me <3

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2016, 06:28 PM
:agree: I will say that I did have intuition 2 times that proved true (with DS 1 and DD) and then NO intuition 2 times (DS 2 and 4) If you think all that sounds a little bit like a crapshoot, yeah, me too. :)

mal68912
October 3rd, 2017, 04:32 PM
I've been wrong every single time! Lol. My intuition is awful. Thought for sure my two boys were girls, and that my girl was hands down a boy...but nope!

Throwaway_panther
May 11th, 2018, 07:57 AM
I know this is older, and I had commented, but I kept saying this was my intuition pregnancy: that even before my PGS results back in February, if I just kept moving forward, I'd get my healthy boy even after IVF. And sure enough, that's where the path seems to have led... except now I have no intuition to what this pregnancy is! I'm worried it's because I'm still not sure we won't lose it, and then I had a dream last night I woke up from an emergency section and was told it was a girl and was so disappointed :(

DH admitted the other day he thinks it's a boy "but feelings mean nothing, they're unscientific." Though he had no problems being excited for a girl for 20 weeks with DD when he thought she was a girl :P

I've seen so many posts now on GD where people WERE right with their dreams :(

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2018, 12:15 PM
I know this is older, and I had commented, but I kept saying this was my intuition pregnancy: that even before my PGS results back in February, if I just kept moving forward, I'd get my healthy boy even after IVF. And sure enough, that's where the path seems to have led... except now I have no intuition to what this pregnancy is! I'm worried it's because I'm still not sure we won't lose it, and then I had a dream last night I woke up from an emergency section and was told it was a girl and was so disappointed :(

DH admitted the other day he thinks it's a boy "but feelings mean nothing, they're unscientific." Though he had no problems being excited for a girl for 20 weeks with DD when he thought she was a girl :P

I've seen so many posts now on GD where people WERE right with their dreams :(

I have only ever had 2 dreams about having a girl and they were both when I was pregnant with a boy!

Please understand I am not trying to diminish anyone's experience/feelings. My point is, even if there is something to it (and there may be) even if it's 70% accurate or whatever - that is not reliable enough. 30% of people is too many people to set them up for false hope/false despair because this stuff messes with people's heads so much. So when I say it's not reliable, don't indulge yourself with it, I'm not trying to tell people that the things they experienced are baloney, it's simply that we have to guard our hearts and look out for the other people who maybe it doesn't work for. :)

I hope DH's intuition is spot on Panther!

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2018, 12:06 PM

There's a followup post to this one where I went thru and analyzed that study and another better one to prove that intuition cannot predict gender, does anyone know where that's at?? From this past year

Babybeaublue
December 9th, 2018, 12:54 PM
My dreams were usually wrong, but I always has that little voice in the back of my mind that was 100% right. No matter how much I tried to convince myself, if I said well this time is definitely a boy, the little voice in my mind said 'No it's not' and it was right.
This last time I knew without doubt he was a boy. I even booked an early gender scan which I would never had done with previous pregnancies, I was just so sure, and I never got the 'No it's not' in my mind either.

PinkSabra101
December 22nd, 2018, 05:28 PM
I was wrong both times--first time I truly didn't care, second time had strong desire...I pride myself on my intuition too lol

MrsEnglish
January 18th, 2019, 06:39 AM
Yes it was (wrong for me both times). First pregnancy - intyition said boy but ALL my dreams said girl and I had a girl.

Second pregnancy - intuition said girl. First dream was boy and a few more dreams after that all said girl. It's a boy.

Lilyblossom
January 18th, 2019, 10:57 AM
My heart was saying a boy when i was pregnant with my 2nd DD and wherever i go met someones they will say i think you carry a boy but on my last monthly checkups doctor revealed i was carrying another girl!I'm not shocked at all cause of my diets and bd timing.. This time my feeling was saying a boy again Lol (guess to much blue dreamin)we'll see by the time little bean revealed his potty shot Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WelcomeBaby
May 9th, 2019, 03:37 PM
It's scary. Very few women "just know" the moment they look at their BFP and / or have that little voice in their head that's inexplicably right. I experienced both with DS1 and again now. Guess it's hopeless. :(

MrsSparkles
May 10th, 2019, 12:24 PM
First it was right.
Im pretty sure this second time its right too

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2019, 12:32 PM
It's scary. Very few women "just know" the moment they look at their BFP and / or have that little voice in their head that's inexplicably right. I experienced both with DS1 and again now. Guess it's hopeless. :(

But I had that feeling with DS 3 and I was wrong. I have had that feeling be right, and wrong.

There's a 50-50 chance you're right, and it's of course best to prepare for the worst case scenario.

But anyone reading this who then thinks "well I had that feeling and it told me I'm getting my DG!! Yay!" are setting themselves up for major disappointment. I just get very nervous when I see this topic come up because even as I hope to encourage you guys who are convinced you're having an opposite, there are just as many people who read these threads and use them as talking points to prove their intuition is telling them they're having what they want. :/

good luck!

WelcomeBaby
May 13th, 2019, 06:10 AM
But I had that feeling with DS 3 and I was wrong. I have had that feeling be right, and wrong.

There's a 50-50 chance you're right, and it's of course best to prepare for the worst case scenario.

But anyone reading this who then thinks "well I had that feeling and it told me I'm getting my DG!! Yay!" are setting themselves up for major disappointment. I just get very nervous when I see this topic come up because even as I hope to encourage you guys who are convinced you're having an opposite, there are just as many people who read these threads and use them as talking points to prove their intuition is telling them they're having what they want. :/

good luck!

Yes, it's sad and disappointing to have swayed really hard, then fall pregnant and feel right away that it's an opposite, and then it really IS an opposite - but I imagine it's infinitely worse to have swayed really hard, then fall pregnant and feel right away that it's the DG only to be totally crushed and destroyed when finding out it's not! In that sense I'm glad I "know" already that it's another boy, because at least I won't get my hopes up!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Exactly! And I've seen it go down that way just as much if not more so. Despite my best efforts there are still quite a lot of people who are convinced that if you sway hard enough you get a guarantee, and it just isn't so (I wish it was!) The overconfidence really sets people up for falling hard and then overconfidence + intuition is a recipe for extreme GD.

Sonnygirl
May 13th, 2019, 04:00 PM
My intuition says boy and I strongly believe this is another boy because it's the exact same pregnancy as my last two. I also don't want to get my hopes up so I never think about having a girl, don't think of girls names or look at the clothes. It just hurts too much.
I had two dreams that I had a girl and I woke up for a few seconds in the morning believing it and had such a nice feeling from it but then the reality kicked in and I felt worse that day.
I feel sad that I won't be able to feel that joy of hearing girl and that I will just have to get over it and find ways to be happy.

I think it's right in that people with a strong GD don't have the right intuition.

WelcomeBaby
May 18th, 2019, 12:37 AM
My intuition says boy and I strongly believe this is another boy because it's the exact same pregnancy as my last two. I also don't want to get my hopes up so I never think about having a girl, don't think of girls names or look at the clothes. It just hurts too much.
I had two dreams that I had a girl and I woke up for a few seconds in the morning believing it and had such a nice feeling from it but then the reality kicked in and I felt worse that day.
I feel sad that I won't be able to feel that joy of hearing girl and that I will just have to get over it and find ways to be happy.

I think it's right in that people with a strong GD don't have the right intuition.

I do the same - don't allow myself for even one conscious second to believe this baby COULD be a girl. Hurts too much! But it's very true that people with strong GD only have a 50/50 chance of guessing right (there's even a study proving this) and I think this is because many "feel" they're having their DG when they're not and others convince themselves early on they're having an opposite to protect themselves from the disappointment, when they're really pregnant with their DG. The former seems to happen a lot more often, but I have found a few women whose very strong intuition about having an opposite was wrong.