PDA

View Full Version : Ring test?

motherofboys
April 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Has anyone done the wedding ring on a thread/strand of hair test?

I've done it a few times this pregnancy but never bothered with my others. I always get the same result.
I get girl over my belly and have been told if you do it over your wrist it counts out all of your pregnancies in order.
I've done it a few times this way and every time it goes boy, stop, boy, stop, boy, stop, (I have 3 boys) girl, stop, girl then stops completely!

I know it is an old wives tale and should be treated as such, but I also really hope that its right.

Has anyone done it and what kind of results did you get? Were they right? Did they count your previous pregnancies correctly? I know it will not be right for everyone, I'm just wondering how often it manages to get it right especially counting out previous children as well.

desperate4blue
April 16th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Has anyone done the wedding ring on a thread/strand of hair test?

I've done it a few times this pregnancy but never bothered with my others. I always get the same result.
I get girl over my belly and have been told if you do it over your wrist it counts out all of your pregnancies in order.
I've done it a few times this way and every time it goes boy, stop, boy, stop, boy, stop, (I have 3 boys) girl, stop, girl then stops completely!

I know it is an old wives tale and should be treated as such, but I also really hope that its right.

Has anyone done it and what kind of results did you get? Were they right? Did they count your previous pregnancies correctly? I know it will not be right for everyone, I'm just wondering how often it manages to get it right especially counting out previous children as well.

Hi i have not tried this myself but others who have; apparently u can do this with a needle and thread as well by dipping it inbetween ur thumb and palm and then letting it sway over ur hand. Ive forgotton how it sways for girls and boys. Is it round for a boy and straight for a girl?

Satox3
April 19th, 2013, 03:05 AM
I've done it over my wrist and got girl, boy, girl. I have one son. I tried it over my belly during pregnancy and I can't recall what it said. I got frustrated because I looked it up online and some sites/people said the circle was a girl and the back -forth was boy. But then others said the opposite! So I disregarded it all completely.

NERI
May 23rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
i have done the ring and thread test over my belly when i was pregnant with my son and it went back and forth,then did it over my wrist and it did back and forth and then circle.now i am pregnant with my second and its going in circles over my belly,back and forth and then circle over my wrist,so hopefully its right