DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy, 4
Boy, 6
Boy, 7
Number of Months TTC
9-12
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
No
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? No diet plan

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I was on the LE diet hard core for 4 months about a year ago. Then off and on (more off than on) for the remainder of 2012. Around the holidays and after I had put on some weight... Maybe 10-15lbs.
We gave up trying in February of 2013 and I decided to diet and be healthy and focus on self. So when I conceived I was not on the LE, infact I was eating quite healthy -- lots of veggies and fish/lean protein; but I was eating lower calorie than normal b/c I was trying to lose weight. And I was skipping breakfast always -- its just become a part of my life now after doing the LE not to eat til after 10am.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
-
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
He eats junk. Chips, cookies, pizza etc. No veggies and no fruit. Drinks lots of beer.
DId you consume alcohol? Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I had 1 drink per day
Any Diet Details?
I was eating healthy, but much less beef than I normally do. Maybe only 1x week tops. I was skipping breakfast and eating less calories. Oh, and I ate little to no sodium everything. Just b/c sodium bloats me and I got used to it while on the LE.
I keep telling myself that most women have had dd's without being on the LE so I am praying that is true for me this time.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
My avg. day was egg white/veggie scramble for breakfast, no sodium cottage cheese and avocado for lunch and a lean protein/fish with veggies for dinner.
Oh, and I drink crystal light on occasion and always use equal in my black coffee in the morning.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I was the same weight when I conceived all my boys. I was actually 10 lbs heavier when I conceived this time. But the month I conceived I did lose 6 lbs, so hopefully that works in my favor that the scale was going down.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
-
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
-
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
didn't check, but I am always pretty low - 4/5
DH pH
-
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
2-3
BD Dates according to Ovulation 5 Days Before O
4 Day Before O
12+ hours after O

Any additional comments?
This was actually the first month I was not even tracking ovulation. No opk's and no temping b/c we were not trying.
1st u/s says I O'd on cd 19. Who knows though, maybe it was cd18. Either way, I had atleast a 3 day cutoff with an o+12 or o+1day. I wish I believed in timing because this was unintentional perfect "girl timing"
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Abstained

BD Position
Multiple
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
1st attempt was on cd14 in the am. Dh had unintentionally abstained for 7 days. I got up right away and went to the bathroom after.
Second attempt was 36 hours later on cd15 in the pm. I fell asleep after so did not j&d that time. 3rd attempt was on cd19 in the pm -- a real quicky. I got up right away and went to the bathroom.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
-
DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Ok so I could have checked nearly ALL the supplements at one point and time within the past year, but I literally was taking NOTHING the month I conceived cause again, we gave up trying.
Have been taking folic acid since Aug. 2010 -- but not the month we got bfp :(
Took clomid Nov, Dec. 2012 & Jan. 2013. Got my bfp on the 2nd cycle after stopping clomid.
Had been taking baby aspirin straight for a year, not bfp month though.
Took SP and vitex off and on all 2012.
Did you do anything with Ions?
not intentionally.
We sleep with the fan on every night, always have. I use an ion hair dryer daily.
Moon Phase during conception?
Waxing Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
nope.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
If you can call it a "sway". Skipping breakfast. Low sodium.
Lower calories than normal. Having lost a few lbs. before bfp.
Drinking..cause it supposedly sways girl. Having limited attempts -- I conceived my boys dtd everyday.
Also, not that I am "old" now, but I was 22, 23 & 25 when I conceived my boys. I was much more in shape and solid. I feel like I have aged a lot in the past 5 years. My body has changed: I am not as strong (more jiggle), & within the past 2 years I have had 2 major back surgeries (I have a horrible weak back now) and gone through 4 IVF cycles. Hopefully this declined condition works in my favor here.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
That I wasn't swaying! While I was eating lower calories I was eating healhty -- like avocados, salmon, eggwhites, veggies etc. No carbs or sweets. My boys also stress me out big time. I feel like I am always yelling and breaking up fights and being exhausted mentally from their chaos. I hope that part doesn't sway boy.
Things worth mentioning:
I am being honest with myself -- this is a 50/50.
The faith part of me says that it just has to be a girl. After my 4 ivf's & frozen cycle -- that didn't work. After swaying hard core, I didn't get pg. After just trying to get pg and not getting pg -- I finally let go of it all. I had to, and it just seems too convenient that the 1 month in 2 1/2 years I let go of it all and don't even try is the month I got my bfp. If there is a God out there, it just has to be a girl.
And yet the practical side of me says to be realistic -- its a 50/50 and nothing can change that. I've only had boys so I guess its all I know and just assume it will be another.
I've never been the lucky one, but for just this once it would be a dream come true to have finally gotten my daughter this way after everything. I pray more than anything that I can be one of those happy endings you only read about from others...kwim?

mindyjean
April 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
WOW!!! Happy you FINALLY got pregnant and I hope it's your little girl!!!!

auroara78
April 16th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Wow, pray, I was thinking of you lately,...wondering, hoping things were good!!! I am SO Excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Whooo hooo! Have faith...this could SO be your girl! After all that wait, all that trying, this has got to be it!

*hugs*

So did you test early or did you wait until your period mixed? need more details! congrats again!

I Love Ladybugs
April 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I am thinking hot, hot pink for you!!! I do hope you have the fairytale ending or should I say beginning!!!!

prayforprincess
April 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
So did you test early or did you wait until your period mixed? need more details! congrats again!

I did not test early at all because we I weren't trying to get pregnant so I wasn't waiting for it, kwim?
Something in my head told me I was pregnant the whole week earlier but I kept telling myself impossible -- it hadn't happened all those months we were trying and dtd non-stop, what makes me think it would be the month we didn't try at all? I didn't track ovulation or try to dtd around ovulation at all. So, I didn't want to test early and waste another test to yet again see another bfn when I knew it was unlikely and I was probably kidding myself. But since I did have some spare test left over I decided to take one on the day my period was "due" because I was just feeling off, but I wanted to make it clear to myself that I was not pregnant. And low and behold, I was!
Truly though, I am scared now. The gender thing is hitting me and I'm thinking "what did I do?" I didn't really sway at all -- whatever did sway was totally accidental. I mean, a lot was different from when I had my boys and I am holding onto that hoping this time will be my girl. There are absolutely no words to describe how much I pray this is a baby girl. Its our last baby and I just don't want to live a forever without a daughter. Its killing me, I wish I just knew it was a girl.
I am not sure I can find out. I am leaning heavily on the Team Green fence for fear of disappointment.

desperate4blue
April 17th, 2013, 07:55 AM
TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy, 4
Boy, 6
Boy, 7
Number of Months TTC
9-12
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
No
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? No diet plan

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I was on the LE diet hard core for 4 months about a year ago. Then off and on (more off than on) for the remainder of 2012. Around the holidays and after I had put on some weight... Maybe 10-15lbs.
We gave up trying in February of 2013 and I decided to diet and be healthy and focus on self. So when I conceived I was not on the LE, infact I was eating quite healthy -- lots of veggies and fish/lean protein; but I was eating lower calorie than normal b/c I was trying to lose weight. And I was skipping breakfast always -- its just become a part of my life now after doing the LE not to eat til after 10am.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
-
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
He eats junk. Chips, cookies, pizza etc. No veggies and no fruit. Drinks lots of beer.
DId you consume alcohol? Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I had 1 drink per day
Any Diet Details?
I was eating healthy, but much less beef than I normally do. Maybe only 1x week tops. I was skipping breakfast and eating less calories. Oh, and I ate little to no sodium everything. Just b/c sodium bloats me and I got used to it while on the LE.
I keep telling myself that most women have had dd's without being on the LE so I am praying that is true for me this time.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
My avg. day was egg white/veggie scramble for breakfast, no sodium cottage cheese and avocado for lunch and a lean protein/fish with veggies for dinner.
Oh, and I drink crystal light on occasion and always use equal in my black coffee in the morning.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I was the same weight when I conceived all my boys. I was actually 10 lbs heavier when I conceived this time. But the month I conceived I did lose 6 lbs, so hopefully that works in my favor that the scale was going down.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
-
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
-
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
didn't check, but I am always pretty low - 4/5
DH pH
-
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
2, I think
BD Dates according to Ovulation 2 Days Before O
1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
This was actually the first month I was not even tracking ovulation. No opk's and no temping b/c we were not trying.
If I had to go on when I "think" I ovulated based on my previous cycles I would have to say cd16. I could be wrong though and have an u/s next week to confirm approx. o date.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Abstained

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
First attempt was on cd14 in the am. Dh had unintentionally abstained for 7 days. I got up right away and went to the bathroom after.
Second attempt was 36 hours late on cd15 in the pm. I fell asleep after so did not j&d that time.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
-
DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Ok so I could have checked nearly ALL the supplements at one point and time within the past year, but I literally was taking NOTHING the month I conceived cause again, we gave up trying.
Have been taking folic acid since Aug. 2010 -- but not the month we got bfp :(
Took clomid Nov, Dec. 2012 & Jan. 2013. Got my bfp on the 2nd cycle after stopping clomid.
Had been taking baby aspirin straight for a year, not bfp month though.
Took SP and vitex off and on all 2012.
Did you do anything with Ions?
not intentionally.
We sleep with the fan on every night, always have. I use an ion hair dryer daily.
Moon Phase during conception?
Waxing Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
nope.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
If you can call it a "sway". Skipping breakfast. Low sodium.
Lower calories than normal. Having lost a few lbs. before bfp.
Drinking..cause it supposedly sways girl. Having limited attempts -- I conceived my boys dtd everyday.
Also, not that I am "old" now, but I was 22, 23 & 25 when I conceived my boys. I was much more in shape and solid. I feel like I have aged a lot in the past 5 years. My body has changed: I am not as strong (more jiggle), & within the past 2 years I have had 2 major back surgeries (I have a horrible weak back now) and gone through 4 IVF cycles. Hopefully this declined condition works in my favor here.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
That I wasn't swaying! While I was eating lower calories I was eating healhty -- like avocados, salmon, eggwhites, veggies etc. No carbs or sweets. My boys also stress me out big time. I feel like I am always yelling and breaking up fights and being exhausted mentally from their chaos. I hope that part doesn't sway boy.
Things worth mentioning:
I am being honest with myself -- this is a 50/50.
The faith part of me says that it just has to be a girl. After my 4 ivf's & frozen cycle -- that didn't work. After swaying hard core, I didn't get pg. After just trying to get pg and not getting pg -- I finally let go of it all. I had to, and it just seems too convenient that the 1 month in 2 1/2 years I let go of it all and don't even try is the month I got my bfp. If there is a God out there, it just has to be a girl.
And yet the practical side of me says to be realistic -- its a 50/50 and nothing can change that. I've only had boys so I guess its all I know and just assume it will be another.
I've never been the lucky one, but for just this once it would be a dream come true to have finally gotten my daughter this way after everything. I pray more than anything that I can be one of those happy endings you only read about from others...kwim?

Hi what is jump and dump and how does this work if u try to sway a boy?

prayforprincess
April 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Jump and dump is getting up right after dtd, going to the bathroom and "dumping" -- or cleaning yourself off right away.
The theory behind it is that if you get up right away and use the bathroom and wipe yourself, less sperm are left up there. Less sperm is supposed to = more girls.
If you are swaying boy, then you would not want to j&d. Most boy swayers will wait at least 20 minutes after dtd before getting up and cleaning off...w/ hips propped in the air allowing more swimmers to make it -- more swimmers is supposed to = more boys.
Just a theory. In the end it probably makes little to no difference. Whether there are few or many swimmers, there are still 50/50 xx & xy.

mydream
April 17th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Don't get a chance to come on here much anymore but was thinking of you lately....I am so happy to hear that you are pregnant....yay!!! I am so happy for you and sending you tons and tons of PINK dust!

BeadinMom
April 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Congrats P4P!!! :) So happy for you!!