PDA

View Full Version : DIET

mypinkdream
April 18th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hi girls!

I am looking at cycling sometime in the next 6 months and I am wondering what diet and supplements I should be taking.

Also wondering what I should be getting DH to do.

Thanks for your help :)

lisvna
April 18th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Right now I take:
-prenatals
-q10
-royal jelly
-bee propolis
-inositol
-fish oil
-vitamin d

I take this for good quality (I had severe fragmented embryos in my cycles)

My husband takes
-vitamins for men
-vitamin d
-fish oil
-q10
-olive leaf (for girl sperm)
-Cyvita (better quality sperm)

I will cycle in June so I hope I will see if it has worked for me.

Some do take DHEA for better egg quality

mypinkdream
April 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Thanks so much lisna!

I've also seen some are doing no carbs. Are you doing this as well?

Thanks again :)

lisvna
April 18th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I eat carbs but only the healthy (whole wheat I think its called?) and I try too eat as little as possible.

Is this your first cycle?

Pink rose
April 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Hi girls I didn't realise you had to avoid carbs when doing ivf pgd. Is there any other foods which should be included or excluded to help with the process.
I also need to take a lot of other supplements! I think I will start taking what you are taking Lisvna to help improve my egg quality. As always I find your posts very helpful, thank you. X

lisvna
April 18th, 2013, 03:59 PM
It's not necessary to eat low carb (I didn't do it with my precious cycles) but its better for your insuline levels and therefor can be better for egg quality. I didn't cycle yet so for me it is also a test. But again I change this time so much that it is hard to compare with my previous cycle.

The cycle were my son is born from I took only prenanatals and fish oil. I stimmed with menopur and down regulation with decapeptyl, my trigger was HCG. But my embies were so severe fragmented that I now have to try something else!

mypinkdream
April 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hi Lisvna,

Yes this will be my first cycle. I am still in the process of deciding which clinic I should go to.

Sorry to hear your first cycle was not a success and wish you all the the luck for your next. It certainly is not an easy journey.

I think I will cycle within about 6 months by the time I get everything planned. Just want to start the diet and supplements now to help with my chances of getting my BFP.

Thanks again :)

vickyaust
April 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I did Crazy low carb and got such better quality. Have a look at my signature for all supplements. Massive difference between cycle 1& 2 where I didn't do any preparation, and cycle 3 & 4 where I did a lot of preparation.

lisvna
April 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mypinkdream you don't have to say sorry because I did got pregnant with our son with my second cycle at Genenis :) (I transferred also boys). Our son was born in November and he is sleeping in his crib right now!

In June we go back for a girl (then I will transfer only girls).

mypinkdream
April 19th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Oh Lisvna - I should have looked at your sig!! Sorry again, I am still getting use to the threads. Big congratulations on your baby boy!! I have 3 boys and they are awesome!!

Just want my little pink one too.

Thanks again for your help ladies :)

lisvna
April 19th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Hihihi it's oke! I'm so happy with my second son (ofcourse we preferred a girl too but we knew the chanche was big a boy would stick).