PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel completely unprepared?

Mommyof3boys
April 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I haven't done anything to prepare for this baby yet except buy a few onesies and shorts. Our bedroom is completely torn apart because we are remodeling it and my husband had to go out of town so I'm not sure when it will get finished. We also have to prepare a room for DS1 downstairs so we can put the baby in his room. Mentally I feel more prepared for what to expect when the baby is born but physically I feel like we are running out of time to prepare.

cvd
April 18th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Ah sorry to hear you feel that way, I'm sure there are lots of others who do too! I can't say I can relate as we have had everything done for this little guy since before I was even 20 weeks. Hopefully it all comes together. It seems like the last weeks drag anyway so that should give you time and keep you busy! I am over here pulling my hair out waiting cause I have no to do!

Mrs_P
April 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
me i'm completely unprepared, i've spent weeks wishing the pregnancy over so i know the baby will be safe and worrying about something going wrong it will all be a mad panic when i hit 36 weeks. I have three uni deadlines before d-day and i wanted to redecorate the bedrooms i've messed up and sort out the loft - although despite all my wonderful plans i have developed bad spd and am struggling to walk let alone anything else but am conscious of the fact that i will soon have a small person in tow and all the other stuff will have to wait if its not done first and i've nothing towards a potential baby arriving in the mix - i have nothing ready at all

XXdreaming
April 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Well I am due in sept so I am only 17weeks but I can tell you what I need to do lol, I need to build another room, move everything from one room into new room and then move ds2 into recently cleared room (after I paint decorate etc) then move ds4 who is still in our room in where ds2 was (which is shared with ds3) so separating ds2 and ds3 and putting ds3 & ds4 together (which needs painting and redecorating to fit more ds3 and ds4) and then take the toy room and turn it back into a nursery, so in a sense I am remodeling my whole house lol (well all the bedrooms except master) have I even started? Nope lol do I want to? Nope lol but know it has to be done before sept, or I will have no where to put him/her, gotta kick ds4 out of my room for new baby, gotta get ds2 out to move ds4 in, gotta get changing table, crib all out of storage and put back in the toy room, so gotta move the toys, i dont even want to start and in 3 weeks i will already be half way through my pregnancy, at least dh bought lumber to start new room so he doing something lol anyway I know I will end up being rushed or not getting finished , i already feel rushed like i dont have enough time to do this, so I know how you feel I gotta a lot to do and need to start now to get it done

iluvmy4sons
April 19th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Even though I bought stuff I feel unprepared. My house is a disaster and not have had a real big cleaning since like November. It has been straightened up, but not cleaned clean. I have had insomnia and been so exhausted this pregnancy. In 2 wks I get my downstairs carpets cleaned so I plan to really rearrange my living room etc. I ordered the crib bedding and still have to figure out how to fit everything in one room for DS3 and 4. We got bunk beds last month and they been put up. There is is still things in the babies room though. We also have to put the crib railing back up.