PDA

View Full Version : Natural or mini IVF at older age? 40+

BZ88
April 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM
So I've been through the whole HT too many times. What I've noticed for me is that the drugs affect the quality so we are contrmplating going natural IVF and or mini IVF which I see that new hope does and they have a clinic in Guadalajara Mexico. Has anyone been there? Has anyone fine mini or natural IVF? I will be 41 and know that the clock is ticking. We plan on 3 rounds with sorted sperm. Does anyone have any advice regarding

1 going to Mexico for IVF. And I must prefice this that my DH has already gone to Mexico to do the sort so we are not afraid of the travel there

2. Doing natural or mini IVF at an older age or whatever age

3. Does anyone else feel like the high dose of drugs was affecting the quality? I had over 20 embies go for testing and have only 2 come back normal. My DH is convinced it's the drugs and wants to go as natural as possible

Plan:

Do HE diet 3 months
Plan on late spring summer ER to
Maximize the vitamin D exposure.
DHEA and DHA and other supplements 4 months before.

Thanks!

lisvna
April 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Sorry cant help but great question! Often is mini ivf not an option with PGD because of the few eggs......

What is natural ivf?

nuthinbutpink
April 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Natural IVF would be a total waste of money. All that for one egg? I think the abnormals are most likely your age. Mini might mean 1-2 eggs or maybe more depending on how you stim and what Meds.

You could do a regular IVF cycle in Mexico with Microsort and NO PGD. If you are considering swaying, that's a great option to use the sort but not damage the embryo.

It's most likely age that is hurting you though.

nuthinbutpink
April 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Over 40, you will only get 1-2 normals if any. That is a normal outcome with IVF.

vickyaust
April 19th, 2013, 05:26 AM
I like that your on DHEA. The longer you are on it the better.

I also had good response with Micro flare protocol, Metformin (min 3 mths), and extreme low carb diet.

Good on you for your determination.

glory
April 28th, 2013, 05:53 AM
We had one person try that clinic and was successful and she was older too if I remember. She just used MS sperm and didn't do the PGD and got her desired gender.