PDA

View Full Version : The gender of your baby has no effect on what's growing in my uterus!

4Giffins
April 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Why is it so hard to hear when friends get their( my) DG? A friend that is due a week before me just found out she is having a boy after two girls and it ruined my whole day! I should know what I'm having in a few days so I still have a chance at getting my boy I just can't help but think the more ppl around me that are having boys... and there are lots!... the less chance I have! I should see it as a good thing because at least I know it can be done but then again I'm not that lucky and I'm sure I'll be the only one that is having another girl! which I really think I am fine with but it would be easier if everyone I knew wasn't having a boy! I keep thinking I'm going to be the only one I know who actually tried(swayed) for a boy, and the only one having a girl! Lol

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2013, 12:07 PM
It doesn't work that way! Last year I knew tons of people who were getting girls but I still got one anyway!! :)

4Giffins
April 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Ok ok ok! :) Thank you for the reassurance! Some days I just feel like all the boys will be gone when my turn rolls around! Lol

Minimelton0173
April 20th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I just read your post to my husband and we realised I said all the same things as you when I was pregnant with my second son (but the other way around) I wanted a girl and all my friends managed to have one and I thought that lessened my chances (of course it has no bearing at all but you can't help but think that) you have just the same chance so try to be positive - fingers crossed for you! I'm hoping for a girl in 2014!

Mrs_P
April 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
They never seemed to be all gone when it was my turn :shrug: - ds1 everyone had a boy, so did i, ds2 everyone had a girl, i had a boy, ds3 everyone had a boy so did I :rolleyes:

sending you ten tonne of very powerful blue dust x

motherofboys
April 20th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I know how you feel, I often feel it works on odds, I know of 3 families at school that have 4 boys, so I think odds are one of us at that school has got to be the one to have 3 boys, then a girl. And I'm the only one with 3 boys now. Then I see several people on facebook announce a girl after 3 boys and think well someone has to even those odds and have a 4th boy.
When a certain amount of people announce one gender I feel someone has to even those odds to keep the balance of babies born that year. Last year a friend kept saying to me "this is a girl year EVERYONE I know who is pregnant is having a girl this year you HAVE to get pregnant this year!" And I thought if they are all having girls then that must mean I will have a boy. And out of the people that I know of who have had/are having babies this year it seems they are all having girls and I just feel it will be me tipping the balance for the boys.
I know its not how it works really but its how it feels. Everyone else has the girls, I do the boys.

inshaallahxx
April 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Ok ok ok! :) Thank you for the reassurance! Some days I just feel like all the boys will be gone when my turn rolls around! Lol

This is how I feel I know 9 girls that just found out they are having girls. Then another friend who just gave birth to two girls. I feel like they are going to be all gone by then even though I know it's silly

shiningstar
April 21st, 2013, 08:54 AM
I have the same feelings! Sometimes gender desire has no rhyme or reason. I'm also finding out next week what this baby is.. So nervous about it too!! I hope and pray we both get the genders we want. You can have ALL my blue dust!! :)

4Giffins
April 22nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Thank you guys! Its great to have ppl to relate to! I feel better about it now and know there is no rhyme or reason to it. Its just so hard to hear somedays! It does seem like it should work in odds, so if everyone I know is having a boy right now someone has to even that out with a girl...so it will probably be me! Lol although it really doesnt work that way I cant help but think it will. We will know soon enough! I hope we all get our dream genders and lots of pink dust to all of you!!!

Cinss
April 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Cant wait to hear how your scan goes 4griffins! Me and my SIL are both expecting boys in the same month, so don't worry about that, more boys are born anyway so the odds are in your favour.

4Giffins
April 23rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Thank you Cinss!! Scan is tomorrow at 11am so not much longer to wait at all! Everyone in my close network of friends has girls..over the last couple years that was all that was born so I know the odds thing didnt work then so Im hoping it wont work now either! Here is a picture I have to share because seriously all of my friends have girls!! Three of these moms are now pregnant with boys and Im last to find out! Hopefully I join the wave now that its turned blue! :)
From a get together we had last year, no shortage of girls in our town! Lol

mollisol
April 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Looks like you got your boy, congrats!
I feel the exact same way. I know 5 people who have given birth in the last month, all had boys. Of all my friends and acquaintances, everybody has at least one boy except for me. I am so hoping that I can have a successful sway!

motherofboys
April 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I see from your signiture your sway was successful congratulations!