PDA

View Full Version : My feelings are hurt! What are your thoughts?

inshaallahxx
April 20th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I haven't been on lately. I hurt my knee and have to put of my sway by at least a month. I'm very sad about this but honestly a few months ago I got the point where I didn't even care about swaying anymore.

Well today my aunt came to visit and I told her how we were thinking about having two more and getting a bigger house. She was like so positive and then she says "I bet you're going to have all boys, but you need a girl"

This small comment really hurt my feelings. I have only two boys right now so I don't understand what about me makes EVERYONE think I will only have boys!!!!

Does anyone else get this vibe from me? I know we are on the internet but still.

Adia
April 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Ignore those kind of thoughtless comments. People open their big mouths without thinking.
You have every chance of having a girl. I could kick people when they say those lame ass comments.

5boysandcounting
April 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Sorry you hurt your knee and have to delay your sway.

Don't take any notice of the stupid comments people make, believe me I've heard them all and I know how much they can hurt :(

You have every chance of conceiving a girl. I know lots of women who have two boys then get a girl. xx

motherofboys
April 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM
When I was having my 3rd (although he did turn out to be a third boy) everyone was guessing what I'd have and my friends mum said "Knowing you it will be another boy" what does that even mean?! Why couldn't it be a simple "boy" answer like other people.

inshaallahxx
April 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Thank you all so much ladies! Reading these comments do truly make me feel better

Yuzu
April 23rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
My own husband told me I was a 'boy machine.' I was so hurt! He didn't realize how much it would hurt my feelings (he apologized), and I think most people make these comments without thinking through.

hotdogz&boyz
April 23rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Um...is she a psychic? Or maybe does she have front-row seats to your womb?

Stupidest thing I have ever heard! People don't send out "unborn baby gender vibes." You have just as much a chance as anyone else out there to add a girl to your mix.

I was told twice, by friends, at the beginning of my third pregnancy that "I made boys" or they "couldn't picture me with anything but boys." Welp...guess what?? I am obviously a "boy machine" who got her levers stuck :giggle: We are due within the month...with a girl.

Blow her off, don't let it weigh on you at all. The two kids you have have no bearing on future ones...especially with swaying on your side!!

RKT Mama
April 24th, 2013, 03:11 AM
The more time I spend on boards like this and listening to people in real life, the more I realise that people love making random stupid comments, probably because they have no idea what to say and feel they need to say something. No- one has the ability to predict what gender baby you or anyone else will have. The best accuracy is 50%.
Unfortunately we tend to remember the comments that upset us rather than the good ones because we fear they are right and forget just how stupid and illogical their comment is.

Funkyfry
April 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Don't mind her stupid comment to you! You have as much chance if having a girl next! I too heard this comment of do done last week that when I go again it will probably be another boy!!!! Gggrr

PMA- we will both get our girls xxx