PDA

View Full Version : ELP, Viene?? Thoughts on Tribulus Terrestris??

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
I came across this thread and it is kinda concerning to me.

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/130377.aspx?PageIndex=1

It says that tribulus may raise gonadotrophins along with or maybe even instead of testosterone (they are all linked together and made from the same basic ingredients). And gonadotrophins may sway pink. It also looks like it has a negative effect on blood sugar levels.

I know for a fact that William James of the Galton Lab at University College, London, totally believes that gonadotrophins sway pink (and he has DOZENS of studies and letters to the editor of various medical journals dating back for the last 30 years saying so.)

I don't think anyone should be taking TT for a blue sway until we know more.

It is much better to raise testosterone by a high protein diet with muscle-building exercise than to rely on supps anyway.

Here is another thread where T. says that TT makes salt leave the body.

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/70017.aspx?PageIndex=1

ELP
April 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I was going to bring TT up myself to get some fresh views on it here, I know the cycle I took it I conceived a girl but I had many factors going against me at the time. I haven't taken it since. I think its a hit and miss, may work for some but may hinder others. I am having much better results with the diet and exercise.

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
That's my thinking, ELP, is that if we can get results with diet and exercise, isn't that much better than relying on a supp that we don't even really know how it works (and not even scientists can agree about anyway)?? I know when I conceived my boys, the only TT's I was taking was Turkey, Tuna, Tomatoes, and Tons of Tea!!

Flava
April 23rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
I took a lot's of TT when I got DD4! And DH took it too. And now I have to find out it sway pink? awesome ....Im so not taking it again. So what about the L-arginine and carnitine?

ELP
April 24th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Well I know the carnitine is highly recommended for DH to improve sperm quality, I'm battling DH's smoking and drinking so for him its got to be a good thing, not sure on the DW side of things? Also don't forget the 200mg C0-Q10 for DH is meant to improve things tremendously:agree:

ELP
April 24th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Heres the link for anyone interested to the page of the predictor where gonadtropin is mentioned, after reading it through I see its mentioned in two sections which would raise the levels. Older mums and the more children you have sections.
http://www.babycenter.com.au/tools/baby-gender-predictor/?voted=true&_requestid=382655#ixzz0Z7NLLKBH
The link without the anwers
http://www.babycenter.com.au/tools/baby-gender-predictor/

Are you over 35?
Yes No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXPLANATION: There is some evidence that the older you are when you conceive your baby, the more likely you are to have a girl. The sex of the baby is partly controlled by the level of the hormone gonadotrophin, and this increases with age.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many children do you already have?
None One Two or more

EXPLANATION: The research here shows that the more children you have, the more likely you are to have a girl. This may be linked to the fact that the more pregnancies you have, the higher your levels of the hormone gonadotrophin. This seems to be linked to a higher chance of having a girl.

Its quite a good predictor if anyone wants to give it a go, AS some of the other questions are worth reading aswell I think, like if the father is over 40 its more likely a girl aswell due to deteriorating sperm. The quiz seems more sciencey than owt, might post it in the pregnancy section for the ladies to play with:agree:

ELP
April 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I'm thinking that GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) could do with a bit of looking into definately, do you think that scientist might lend us some of his studies? He may find what we're doing here quite interesting himself?

I remembered something else to do with the TT. There was a boy swayer on IG who took it and conceived twins, GnRH is what clomid affects aswell, she wasn't on clomid though, but anyway I'm sure she had fraternal girls. Maybe she was very suseptable to the affects of the TT? I'll see if I can hunt down her name and sway.

Flava
April 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I really need to put a sup list together, right now is just so confusing ...what to take for DH and what to DW? And some are different now. Like carnitine is just for DH right? But we take CQ-10 too . or not? ahhh I know there is a sup list here but I see that not everything is on the list.
And great im over 35 and have 4 kids so I have a high chance to have another girl? just awesome:sad:

Daydreambeliever
April 24th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I can't read this due to the monkeys on IG.....Will try again later.

Flava
April 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Oh and I was also taking a lot's of soy.

TTC5
April 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Flava, soy supps do you mean, or milk?

sdmommy
April 25th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Oh great I've been taking this for the last 8 weeks! How soon will it leave my system? And can it mess with my cycle? Still no sign of O, I've stopped using OPKs because looking at the blaring negative was so depressing

My Fabulous Children
April 25th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I took TT for one cycle and dropped it because I read that it can mess with my cycle and it did. Glad I dropped it long time ago.

My Fabulous Children
April 25th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I really need to put a sup list together, right now is just so confusing ...what to take for DH and what to DW? And some are different now. Like carnitine is just for DH right? But we take CQ-10 too . or not? ahhh I know there is a sup list here but I see that not everything is on the list.
And great im over 35 and have 4 kids so I have a high chance to have another girl? just awesome:sad:

Flava, I don't take coq-10 or carnitine, but DH does. I think both for DH. I know there are some women who take coq-10 to help prevent miscarriage.

I do take L-arginine to make ewcm and raises testosterone.

BTW- Many many women over 35 have had boys!!! Don't worry about that.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
I took a lot's of TT when I got DD4! And DH took it too. And now I have to find out it sway pink? awesome ....Im so not taking it again. So what about the L-arginine and carnitine?

I totally think arginine and carnitine sway blue. They are scientifically studied and proved to boost sperm quality and number.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking that GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) could do with a bit of looking into definately, do you think that scientist might lend us some of his studies? He may find what we're doing here quite interesting himself?

I remembered something else to do with the TT. There was a boy swayer on IG who took it and conceived twins, GnRH is what clomid affects aswell, she wasn't on clomid though, but anyway I'm sure she had fraternal girls. Maybe she was very suseptable to the affects of the TT? I'll see if I can hunt down her name and sway.

Oh, goodness, poor thing. And here I would kill and/or die for fraternal twin girls LOL.

I know, I have to write to him, Elissa Cameron, Valerie Grant, Fiona Matthews, Angelo Cagnacci, and a few others and get my mitts on ALL their research but I am afraid they will yell at me!! Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Oh great I've been taking this for the last 8 weeks! How soon will it leave my system? And can it mess with my cycle? Still no sign of O, I've stopped using OPKs because looking at the blaring negative was so depressing

IT will probably go out of your system right away, I'm so sorry and I wish I would have found this sooner.

I have heard that TT can mess with your cycle, I hope it straightens out soon. ♥♥♥

ELP
May 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Oh, goodness, poor thing. And here I would kill and/or die for fraternal twin girls LOL.

I know, I have to write to him, Elissa Cameron, Valerie Grant, Fiona Matthews, Angelo Cagnacci, and a few others and get my mitts on ALL their research but I am afraid they will yell at me!! Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I know! Somebody elses 2nd choice is somebody elses dream isn't it:) I couldn't hunt down her details yet, IG's a dog!

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:16 PM
Flava, I don't take coq-10 or carnitine, but DH does. I think both for DH. I know there are some women who take coq-10 to help prevent miscarriage.

I do take L-arginine to make ewcm and raises testosterone.

BTW- Many many women over 35 have had boys!!! Don't worry about that.

Hey, I conceived boys at 36 and 38! My mom conceived a boy at 37 after conceiving only girls and my grandma conceived TWIN boys at 38!!! There was a gal from IG who conceived a boy at 43! And my great-grandma of course had the two boys after SIX girls and though I don't know her age, she had to be over 35 I would think. While it is true that being older increases your odds of a girl, it's by no means a magic bullet. There are TONS of exceptions.

Plus, your odds of having a boy actually increase slightly the more girls you have!

I need to do research on ALL the supps and find out which are good and which are bad but I haven't had a chance to do that yet. For now, I would just keep on doing what you're doing, but avoid the TT.

I think

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Oh and I was also taking a lot's of soy.

The soy data is so confusing and contradictory that I think it's best to just walk away from it for now, unless you are taking it as a clomid replacement. But (if I am remembering this right) T conceived her boy while taking soy so I think she's more of a fan of it for blue than I am.

gizmo77
May 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM
wow glad i read this before i ordered some!!!

gizmo77
May 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
but then there are ppl who have taken TT and got boys....ugh...

Roonarpia
May 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Oh man, I am so glad TT didn't mess up my sway!! I obviously didn't know any of the info above when I decided to take it.

Honu
February 18th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Is there updated info on this supplement? I bought some and DH and I just started it. Should we drop it?

Honu
February 18th, 2015, 12:13 AM
And do you still think DH should take l-carnatine like it says earlier in this thread?

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I don't use it, I feel like the info is too dicey and we've gotten spectacular results without it so there is absolutely no benefit to be gained.

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2015, 12:46 PM
And do you still think DH should take l-carnatine like it says earlier in this thread?

:agree: yes I think l-carnitine is great for DH and still recommend that. :)

Honu
February 18th, 2015, 01:54 PM
What if DH is interested in the tribulus? He likes work out supplement stuff.

Honu
February 18th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I will pick up some l-carnitine. What dose is good?

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2015, 01:38 PM
bump this for me

Honu
February 22nd, 2015, 12:14 PM
Atomic does tribulus help DH with a boy sway? He wants it as a workout supplement now.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2015, 02:32 PM
I feel like the info here and now is not firm enough for me to recommend TT for DW or DH. If he wants to take it anyway, that is up to you and please keep us posted on how it works.

50-100 mg carnitine

Honu
February 22nd, 2015, 08:58 PM
I will