PDA

View Full Version : Please reassure me - Identical pregnancies doesnt mean same sex ? Or does it ?!

Mum23boys
April 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Everyone keeps asking about the pregnancy - is it the same, have I been sicker, am I the same shape and size.
YES YES YES - EVERYTHING IS IDENTICAL but surely that doesnt mean its the same sex ?

I kind of know 90% its another boy BUT I was holding on to that last bit of hope that it could stil be our daughter in there.
The only thing is when i look around at my friends that are having girls ( all 9 ) they ALL look fatter / rounder / fuller in the face than they did with their boys - not sure if its coincidence but they do look different. I just look like I did all 3 other pregnancies - a bit smaller on the bump but nothing else. I guess i was hoping to balloon or something so I had something to give me hope cos right now I have nothing.

Wanting-a-girl
April 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Well I know that having very different preg means sh*t seeing how I never was sick once with my three boys and was constantly sick with this lil boy... This preg is night and day compred with my other three..l don't read too much Into it you will drive yourself crazy

shiningstar
April 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
I am in the same boat. This pregnancy is pretty much the same as my other 2. I find out on Wednesday if it means anything for me. I hope you get your little girl!

Mum23boys
April 22nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Good luck shining Hun I will check back to see how u get on

cvd
April 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
This pregnancy started out very different and then turned into being the exact same. So I don't think either way means anything

dloui128
April 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
DD1 & DD2 were extreme opposite. DD1 I was wider, I had more morning sickness and I was swollen all over. When I got pregnant with DD2 I swore I was having a boy, I carried lower all out front didn't swell at all and I was never sick, but nope I had another girl. With DS I carried just like DD1, I was sick mostly at night the first trimester. The only thing different is I gained 30lbs more with DS than I did with DD1

HopeandDreamG
April 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Same pregnancy has nothing to do with gender! When do you find out mum?

Mum23boys
April 22nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
I don't hope and dream ,,,, not until birth day ,,,, hubby didn't want to know and I wasn't sure I could handle the gd I might feel so we decided to wait as I know once he is in my arms I won't care so didnt want to risk feeling bad before hand. Plus we never found out with the 3 boys so seemed unfair to find out with this one

Mrs_P
April 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
means absolutely nothing......

I've had two identical (which resulted in a deja vu of baby boys - first and second - who now could not be any more different if they tried) and two completely different from each other and the two with the boys. Ds3 i was so sick - typical 'girl' pregnancy but still resulted in a little man who is all boy and this one - the mildest of all of them m/s wise with everything else weird under the sun; its how your body reacts to the hormones (which could be the same or it be different for any number of reasons!)

i also incidentally have one friend who was convinced she was expecting baby boy number 4 (pregnancies were all identical for all 4) til out popped baby Lucy much to her moms surprise!

iluvmy4sons
April 22nd, 2013, 08:53 PM
My pregnancy this time was identical to my 1st three except for insomnia. My last pregnancy was different. So no it does not mean anything. My mom did not have any differences in her pregnancies with my brother or I.

Atsaukina1
April 22nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
All my pregos have been the same. carried same,heartburn, feeling nauseus( but not actually throwing up) and the 1st 2 I even had the same labor. Started at same time and were born minutes apart lol.

Pearl327
April 23rd, 2013, 05:13 AM
I am having exactly the same pregnancy this time as I was with DD i was so sure that this was another girl. it doesn't mean anything

RKT Mama
April 23rd, 2013, 05:25 AM
4 pregnancies all a bit different. 3 boys and hopefully this time a girl.
Only thing that everyone keeps commenting on is the size of my boobs but that is probably that I lost so much weight before I fell pregnant with swaying that they deflated completely. Sadly all the weight is coming back!