PDA

View Full Version : When Bad GD Days Attack

BabyGirl4Me
April 24th, 2013, 01:18 PM
What do you do to cope when you're having a bad GD day or feel like you're never going to get your DG? I'm having a horrible day because of some stupid crap people posted to facebook and am also feeling very afraid my sway might have failed. :(

Alyssasmom789
April 24th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mine did fail and I feel like my world has stopped

Blue-Blue-Pink?
April 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
When I have bad GD I cry, let my DH comfort me and promise me we will have a babygirl one day

Then it's hopefully time to wake my little boy for a bottle and I let his big teethless smile comfort me. It helps a little, good luck

BabyGirl4Me
April 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Oh dear... *big hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that. How are you coping? Are you going to try again or go HT?

DH is thousands and thousands of dollars in debt from student loans and they will take a lifetime to pay back, but now I'm starting to wish I would have closed my 401K/retirement accounts and emptied our house downpayment savings account to finance 1 cycle of IVF. I know I really should have gone HT because my GD is so bad but...part of me just can't come to terms with gambling our entire financial future away on something that may not even yield a pregnancy at all. Why does GD have to be so hard? :sad:

I think today is just an all around crappy day. In fact, I have just declared that today is a crappy day. If I could share my big bowl of homemade guac I tried drowning my sorrows in with you I would. :( Is there anything I can do to help you other than offering big hugs and hope for a better tomorrow? :LotsofLove:

BabyGirl4Me
April 24th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thank you Blue-Blue-Pink. I will admit that I do love big baby smiles.

If you are planning on swaying I'd highly recommend Atomic's Amazing Personalized Plan. If I hadn't swayed with that, I'm convinced there wouldn't be a snowball's chance that I could have a little girl this time around. Good luck with your future sway.

wannagirl21
April 24th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I hate facebook personally I deleted mine until I find out what I'm having so I don't feel obligated to tell everyone one what I'm having. Comments are the worst I just wish ppl would shut up. Hope you have a better day and if you did everything you could to sway then you have a good chance at your gender and if it fails you did what you could and you can walk away knowing you tried to do something to help.:happy:

Blue-Blue-Pink?
April 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Ok, that's good to know! I'm leaning more and more towards atomics personalized plan, because I too think it will help improve my chances!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, good luck and lots of pink dust for you!

Blue-Blue-Pink?
April 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Oops twice

BabyGirl4Me
April 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM
if you did everything you could to sway then you have a good chance at your gender and if it fails you did what you could and you can walk away knowing you tried to do something to help.:happy:

That's just it WannnaGirl - I *DID SOMETHING* to *TRY* to change my situation instead of just wallowing in my sorrow saying "poor me, I didn't get my DG when it seems like everyone else has one." Not only that but I tried really really hard too, and there's something to be said for that in itself, win or lose. I think a lot of people in general choose to feel like victims and don't do much (if anything) to change their circumstances if they're not happy. I chose to try the best I could to change things, and that's a lot more than what a lot of people can say. Thank you wannagirl. :HH:

Mrs_P
April 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
i don't really have an answer except to say i know exactly how you feel, my gd was so much worse after i got my bfp, i was so sure my sway had failed and that i had lost my chance to, at least i had the hope before i got pregnant that one day maybe it could happen - this was our last baby. It drove me crazy until 12 weeks when i found out. The best thing for me was being able to talk about it, one mum on here in particularly really helped me and spent ages listening to me loose the plot but it did help, when i went through gd with ds3 i was alone, no-one understood and i had no-one to talk to. Don't go through things alone, talk to people on here they do understand and will support you whatever the outcome.

I think the not knowing was the worst so if you can find out early i would as it really haunted me; i knew i could love another boy but the idea of loosing my dream was horrible and thinking it maybe a possibility mean't it was all i could think about.

BabyGirl4Me
April 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mrs. P - thank you so much! My pg hormones have been absolutely terrible this time around. I think that's why I've been so up and down since my BFP. A commercial had me in tears the other day so I'm in a fragile emotional state right now. On top of that I'm feeling sick today and barely slept last night even though I was and still am exhausted. Today just isn't a good day.

I think (like you) it would be best for me to find out soon because the not knowing is so painful for me. How did you find out at 12 weeks? CVS? Thank you!

Mrs_P
April 24th, 2013, 03:14 PM
yeah we had a cvs test done, although they did say they could tell me from the nub when they did the test (they said girl - not that i believed them), it was private place and they had really good equipment and knew the nub theory - if you can get a good nub shot or a tech that knows it and have it done at 12.5 to 13 weeks that would give you a great indication - the only ones i've seen that are wrong really as either the ones that are done too early or that are unclear anyway (i.e boy nub on the way up), if it looks really boy or really girl at 13 weeks the chances of it being wrong are very slim

Adia
April 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM
THe bad GD days are the worst, especially when you are newly pregnant.

My cure is distraction and busy work. If you can distract yourself and be busy the time goes by faster!

GL sweetie, I understand after having dealt with bad GD for almost 5 years!!

BZ94
April 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
The closer I get to my due date the worse my GD seems to get -- I think it's just from not feeling good and feeling overwhelmed with the two kids I have and wondering why I'm doing this a third time with ANOTHER boy.

Sometimes it helps looking at DS2 who's the sweetest cutest thing ever (DS1 is very sweet too, but much more high maintenance and drives me a little crazy most days).

Sometimes it helps buying new baby stuff/decorating the nursery (even though with having a third of the same gender we really don't need much).

Sometimes it helps splurging and buying MYSELF something nice (since I won't be going broke buying girl clothes). There's some jewelry I have my eye on right now that I might give myself for mother's day to cheer myself up with.

Lastly, I have found that hiding other ppl's facebook pictures posts or pinterest boards if I think they're going to upset me really helps. Oh, and having a sense of humor about the whole all-boy thing, so that people don't say "that poor girl with 3 boys" but "wow, she's really finds the humor in having three boys!" The only ppl who truly know about my GD are my parents and DH.

1+2+3boys
April 26th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I like to draw/paint whimsical pictures of little girls in pretty dresses with big eyes and I guess anyone of them could be the daughter I want. It helps a bit to get it out onto paper

BZ94
April 27th, 2013, 07:11 AM
1+2+3 boys I love that! I had tucked away some sketches of little girls in fun costumes (pirate girl, ballerina, girls in foreign costumes a la it's a small world) that I had planned on making into a mural for my daughters bedroom. Now that I won't have a daughter I'm not sure what to do with them but maybe I should finish and paint them anyway as my substitute daughters :)

1+2+3boys
April 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I'm having a hard time with GD lately, especially today. I would love to have a private facebook group of Women wanting daughters to vent in to. I know this forem is great and supportive for that but sometimes the things I want to vent about don't feel worthy of making a whole new thread over and I often search through the forem for new topics to relate to how I am feeling.
The facebook group would just feel a bit more chatty for smaller things on an every day basis to blab things like "I was having a lovely time painting with Mr. 3 until all he wanted was for me to paint diggers and I just wanted to create someone a fairy princess to love which is more to my talent and interest."
I have been wanting to ask if there a facebook group but didn't want to take the focus off this wonderful forem or offend it's creators. I would still come here for all info. I would find it so helpful.

1+2+3boys
April 29th, 2013, 10:48 PM
1+2+3 boys I love that! I had tucked away some sketches of little girls in fun costumes (pirate girl, ballerina, girls in foreign costumes a la it's a small world) that I had planned on making into a mural for my daughters bedroom. Now that I won't have a daughter I'm not sure what to do with them but maybe I should finish and paint them anyway as my substitute daughters :)

I have only just started doing this. Nice to know someone else does too. :) I'd share some of my paintings if I had some to share. I'm sorry you can not have a daughter. Maybe you can keep them to comfort you in times of need and if there is ever a special girl in your life like a new friends daughter or relatives daughter, you can gift them to her but as long as the Mum knows why they were painted.

Spiiffy
April 30th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I would love to join that Facebook group 1+2+3. I have been having such a tough time lately. The LE diet is tough for me because I am a big snacker and emotional eater. I also have not had an AF yet after getting my IUD pulled in early March. My body is just not getting back on track....Ugh! I have been buying little girl newborn outfits to keep me motivated but I am worried that it will cause even more GD if I don't have a little girl to dress them in.

zebaniee
May 3rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
I everyone I am very newly pregnant but am already starting to have gender concerns.

I have two beautiful daughters and have swayed for a boy.

My second daughter was a failed sway and I remember how crushed I felt.

If this baby is a girl I will be devistated.

I am very grateful and happy to be pregnant and am trying to enjoy it...but there is always the weight at the back of my mind.

RKT Mama
May 3rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
I would love to join that Facebook group 1+2+3. I have been having such a tough time lately. The LE diet is tough for me because I am a big snacker and emotional eater. I also have not had an AF yet after getting my IUD pulled in early March. My body is just not getting back on track....Ugh! I have been buying little girl newborn outfits to keep me motivated but I am worried that it will cause even more GD if I don't have a little girl to dress them in.

I did the diet for 7 months and it is really hard. Constantly worrying that you are putting the wrong thing in your mouth and will ruin your sway, stressing constantly and not being able to snack on something yummy that you really like, watching the clock all morning waiting to eat. And the worst thing is knowing you are spending so much money, time and stress on something that cannot guarantee to give you what you want. DS3 was a failed IG sway and it was horrid knowing it was for nothing.
But for me I was lucky and it worked, I am expecting a girl after 3 boys. I really hope it does for you, but even if it doesn't, you have done everything you possibly can to change the outcome, if you get a boy, you throw yourself into celebrating that he is healthy(hopefully) and celebrating the joy that 3 boys bring.

Mrs_Incredible
April 25th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I'm 11 weeks pg and fully expect this is my 4th and final boy. Right now health of the baby is my number 1 concern, followed closely by fear of gd rearing it's ugly head x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trifecta
April 25th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I'm starting to wish I would have closed my 401K/retirement accounts and emptied our house downpayment savings account to finance 1 cycle of IVF. I know I really should have gone HT because my GD is so bad but...part of me just can't come to terms with gambling our entire financial future away on something that may not even yield a pregnancy at all.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Whatever the result I don't think you should fault yourself for making the practical choice with your family's finances. I think HT is a great option for some but like you we're middle-class and we have to be practical. I couldn't put money that could go into my existing children's college funds into IVF. Framing it as a choice I'm making to honor my existing children makes me feel better about it. Sometimes you can change your circumstances but sometimes it makes more sense to change your thinking about your circumstances.

trifecta
April 25th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Oops just saw how ancient this is--glad you had your girl! Anyway those are my feelings about why HT isn't for our family.