PDA

View Full Version : Ramzi Theory Tested?

BabyGirl2013
April 24th, 2013, 02:16 PM
When I first heard about the Ramzi Theory it seemed too good to be true. I did a little research and it seemed legit as long as the sonographer knows what they're looking for with regard to left side/right side, etc. At my first ultrasound at 5 weeks I asked the sonographer if the baby was implanted on the left or right. She said "the baby is implanted in the uterus." Um, ok.

This second time we went in (I'm almost 10 weeks) I didn't even think to ask since I kind of got shut down the first time. But out of nowhere she said, "Well, the baby is Left Lateral Anterior." Just to double check I said..."That's MY left, correct". She confirmed that "Yes, the placenta is connected on your left side...left lateral."

I couldn't believe my ears! I didn't even go into the sonogram thinking I'd find anything out with regard to gender, but I honestly feel like I just got told "It's a girl!". I'm so cautiously optimistic.

I just wanted to hear other opinions about this theory. I know many people say it didn't "work" for them, but because they were judging based on the image on the screen or they didn't know if the sonographer meant their left or her left, etc.

I'm so hopeful that this is my baby girl!

6bluewant1pink
April 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Cool! i had ultrasound yesterday 10wk 3days ultrasound tech said She couldn't see my placenta yet its to early :(

BabyGirl2013
April 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Well, its interesting because people talk about placental location verses the location of the baby. But when the baby is so tiny isn't it really the same thing? Doesn't the placenta need to be attached directly to the uterus? So if the baby is clearly attached on the left side of the uterus the placenta would have to be on the left too, correct? I don't think that the placenta can be on the other side of the amniotic sac away from the uterine wall (maybe I'm wrong??).

dloui128
April 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM
it didn't work for me, I ovulated from my left and baby was on my left, I specifically asked the sonogram tech to tell me which side.

BabyGirl2013
April 24th, 2013, 03:40 PM
it didn't work for me, I ovulated from my left and baby was on my left, I specifically asked the sonogram tech to tell me which side.

Good to know! I really don't want to get my hopes up too much. Especially since I had just started thinking it would be kinda cute to have a third boy and even thinking about boy names and boy nursery ideas. Then I heard "left side" and started obessessing about a girl again. I know I'll be happy either way. I almost wish she hadn't said anything b/c now I'm researching like a crazy person.

afy
April 25th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I know what you mean after ive come across the ramzi theory on this forum and reading through peoples comments makes me want to ask at my first scan Im sooo curious as to whether its true from what I remember with my DD i got the cramping and all the lil twinges from the Left side however i dont know if thats anything to do with ramzi theory, but I dont want the sonographer looking at me funny lol

Adia
May 5th, 2013, 02:28 PM
When I first heard about the Ramzi Theory it seemed too good to be true. I did a little research and it seemed legit as long as the sonographer knows what they're looking for with regard to left side/right side, etc. At my first ultrasound at 5 weeks I asked the sonographer if the baby was implanted on the left or right. She said "the baby is implanted in the uterus." Um, ok.

That made me laugh, what a snippy u/s tech....:drama: I would have had to snap back...that's just me.

Hope you hear girl soon!!!