PDA

View Full Version : Niva TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt

Niva
April 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
--update-- It was a chemical pregnancy. I posted my sway too soon! Off to try again. :)

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Loss/unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I followed a basic LE diet but ignored the salt aspect. I stayed vegetarian except for little tiny tastes here and there, and was most strict about my protein intake. I kept my calories probably between 1400-1600, with a few cheats, but never over 1800. I slowly but steadily lost 6.5 lbs over 3.5 months. I tried to choose low-nutrient options where possible, but did not avoid eating fruits and veggies or whole grains. (My staple lunch was white ciabatta roll toasted with mayo, cheese, mushrooms, and zucchini.) I cut out breakfast except for coffee with sweetened soy milk in it, and avoided breakfast cereal (which I love) at all times. I only had small amounts of dairy, apart from cheese. Very little yogurt or milk. I did snack some days, usually between lunch and a late dinner. I have to admit that I did not log all my food into a calorie counting app every day, but kind of followed basic rules of thumb after doing it for a few weeks and learning how the amounts stacked up.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
3.75 months, give or take (I took a 10-day break for travel near the beginning).
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
-
DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week
No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I had 1 drink per day
Any Diet Details?
Near the end of my sway, I did cut out alcohol nearly entirely except for one or two times a month. I had probably 1.5 mugs of coffee a day.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
I took fiber approx. 2x/day after meals during the last month of swaying, intermittently before then. I drank approx. two cups of diet coke per day in the week leading up to O.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
Started out at 136 lbs (24.5 bmi)
Reached 130 lbs (23.4 bmi)
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
No exercise at all.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
-
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
-
DH pH
-
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 3 Days Before O

Any additional comments?
My O was hard to pinpoint this month, so I may have DTD at o-2, 3, or 4, but cm said it was o-3.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Other

BD Position
Doggy style
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
Dh was aiming for cfr but flubbed it. His self-release frequency pattern was, by day, 1x, 1x, then 3x with only the last batch used. Our bd was ~4 hrs after his previous release so it was technically a hurry-up bd, but only barely.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid
Fiber
Antihistamine

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Took one baby aspirin every 3 days. Took Zyrtec AF-O. Folic acid daily. Fiber 2x/day during the last month of swaying.
Did you do anything with Ions?
No.
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
There was a huge difference in my diet between conceiving DS and now. I was very successful with staying vegetarian and following all the LE guidelines except salt (purposefully dropped from the sway). I lost weight steadily, which meant my condition was declining leading up to our attempt. We achieved a bfp with just one attempt this cycle, yay! With DS we dtd every other day so I feel good about having kept to one bd this time. DH's frequency pattern nearly certainly lowered his sperm count. DH wears tighty-whities. I used all the supps and Rephresh as I had planned. I definitely didn't sway boy, so my odds are likely better than 50%!! I did what I could do, so whatever gender comes out, I'll be happy.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I did snack on the LE diet and did not log my calories every day. It was not as strict a diet as possible and I wish I had lost more weight. I had a few cheats in the days leading up to O that now I wish I had avoided.

DH did not follow the planned frequency pattern (CFR) and our hurry-up bd could have been sooner after the last release, so I worry we could have done more there to reduce sperm count.

I did not have DH change diet or any habits at all.

I dropped jump and dump from my sway to increase the odds of pg; of course now I wonder if that was necessary.

We mis-timed our one attempt so it fell probably O-3 instead of O-1 or O day; I am afraid of that swaying slightly blue.

DS was conceived the very first cycle we tried; this one was third cycle and with lowered chance of working due to timing and supps -- I'm probably pretty darn fertile and need a lot of swaying to tip heavily towards pink! I'm nervous that I just didn't do enough to put my odds much better than 50-50.
Things worth mentioning:
Thank you to Atomic and the other mods for answering all my frenzied questions, and for all my cycle buddies keeping me going and hopeful! I LOVE this site!

I Love Ladybugs
April 24th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Great sway.....and wtg on a bfp on your first attempt!!!

Niva
April 24th, 2013, 09:52 PM
You mean for ds1? Yeah, that was a shocker! And now a bfp on our third cycle ttc, I must be pretty fertile... Ugh, that sways blue!

I Love Ladybugs
April 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Sorry...preggo brain was kicking in and I lumped both the conceptions together, even though I read 3 months of LE diet!!

Niva
April 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Preggo brain is excused! :) I wonder if I can start saying that yet, haha...

2lovelyboys
April 25th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Great sway!

Tree
April 25th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Looks great!! And you have reminded me of things I left out of mine... Will edit now! Good Luck!! x

Sweet mummy
April 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Congrats Niva!! Hoping for a healthy pink bundle for you hun!!