PDA

View Full Version : The birth stories of my 4 babies.

zem7
April 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I thought I would add my childrens birth stories. Sorry its so long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On feb, 28 2006 I went into the hospital for my induction, I was 41 weeks pregnant with DD Brooklyn Mai.

So I got to the hospital at 7 am, they started my iv right away. At 7:30 they started the pit to get my contractions started and checked me to see where we were starting from. I think at that time I was almost 3 cm diolated and 70 % effaced. After about 2 hours the contractions stared getting hard to breath through so I decided that I would get up and take my dancing partner (iv poll) for a walk. My DH and I walked around for an hour having to stop every so many min for a contraction to pass. At about 11 I decided that I didn't want to try through anymore pain so I asked for my epi. When I was getting it, I ended up getting a very bad contaction (man did that suck) haha. My DH was sitting on a chair and almost looked like he was going to pass out (he hates being stuck and dosn't like me to get stuck either). After that was placed I didn't feel any pain anymore (thank God!!) I ended up passing out for a few hours and woke up having the nurse comming in to tell me to roll to my other side, the babies heart had slowed down a little. After being moved around for a little and put on oxygen everything came back to normal and we were good to go. At 2 the nurse came in to check me and we found out I was complete! So she left the room to get everything set up and call the Dr. While we were waiting for her to get there we tried a few pratice pushes, after the second one the nurse yelled at me to stop!! The dr. got there a few min later and told me to push, I ended up pushing once for the head and than another push for the body. So at 2:28pm my little girl was born, she was crying right away and everything was great. I ended up getting 2 or 3 stiches, can't remember anymore. I do remember that it SUCKED to go to the bathroom after having her though for about a week. It would burn sooo bad, but other than that I had a good labor and delivery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had my sisters wedding to go to on March 24th I ended up having this baby on March 21 2007. DS1 Riley Gerrald.

So because of my sisters wedding i asked my Dr. if we could induce early in hopes that I wouldn't have to be pregnant and go to the wedding (I was her matrine of honor). I didn't want to risk going into labor at her wedding!! So my dr agreed to this. We tried an induction the day I turned 39 weeks, I went into the hospital at 7 am and we started the pit at 7:30. I got pretty bad contractions all day they kept checking me but I never diolated. At 5 pm the dr. came in and told me he didn't think it would work out today and they stoped the pit and sent me home with instructions to return in 2 days and we would try again. So 2 days later we went in and the same thing happened and they sent me home again. I had 4 failed inductions each time laboring all day with no change and being sent home. On the 5th time things changed, I ended up diolating and finally they said that this would be the day!! I ended up starting the pit at 7:30 am and at around 11 I got my epi, I love that Dr. He is heaven!! Well I ended up having the nurse come in around 1:30 pm because it felt like I needed to go to the restroom. she ended up checking me and found out I was complete! I was like yes lets get the show on the road, BUT, the dr. was delivering another woman at the moment and they told me that I would just have to labor down....I am thinking labor down my ASS I just want to push the baby out, but I tried to do as they asked. While waiting for the dr. I started to feel the contractions again and a lot of pressure. I was making some noises (not lowed but still some) and my husband has the nurve to laugh at me!! He LAUGHED AT ME! Ohh I could have killed him (he said it sounded like we were having sex and thats why he thought it was so funny....) Well after doing that for a while the Dr. finally comes in and I am told I can push, well needless to say I didn't have to push long. Just one push for the head and another for the body and out came my little man. That was great, and even better I had no stiches! I was feeling sooo good after having him that I never had to take any of my pain meds or anything. That weekend I was even dancing the night away at my sisters wedding. I have to say this pregnancy/delivery was the easiest out of all of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had this baby on August 7 2009. DS2 Blake Louis.

So today my DH and I had to run to a town that was an hour away for some business. I felt fine through the whole morning and early afternoon. Right before we are getting ready to leave about 2 pm I pee my pants (or so I think). So I end up going into the bathroom and put on a pad just in case I do that again while we are out. We get everyone packed in the car and head off for our hour drive. Nothin eventfull happens on the way there, but when I go to stand up after the drive there I feel a big gush, now this time I just knew it wasn't pee because I didn't feel like I needed to go at all. Soo glad I had a pad on. We decide that since I havn't been having any contractions or anything that we would just finish the business that we had there in town and than start the hour drive back home. After getting back to the house we grab the bags and any other last min iteams and head to the hospital, in no hurry at all. I still at this point am not having contractions. We get to the hospital about 6 pm and they check me in and than check to make sure my water had infact broken. All the nurse had to do was lift up the blanket and she was like yepp your water is deff broken haha because I was leaking everywhere. Because the contractions hadent started they had me walk around for about an hour and still nothing. At that time my midwife asked me if she could give me pit to bring on contractions and I agreed to that. Wanted to get the baby out asap! At about 10 pm we started the pit, and contractions started right away. I tried to labor as long as possible with out meds but midnight came around and I couldn't take it anymore so I ended up getting an epi (I called the guy a god after he gave it to me) all the pain was gone! I ended up falling asleep after that. The nurse came in around 4 am to check me and found that I was complete. She called in my midwife and they had me start pushing, I ended up pushing 3 or 4 times and out came my little boy. Very easy delivery and I didn't have to get any stiches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DS3 Dimitri Matthew wes born the day before I would have truned 39 weeks.

On 12/13/2011 I went to the hospital at 8 AM to be induced. They watched my babies heart rate and watched for any contractions for an hour and than started pit at 9 am. Not much happened for a while. We sat around with my DH, Mom, and Sister playing cards for a few hours. The nurse came in a few times to up the pit and get the contractions closer together. At about 12 the contractions were getting a stronger and more regular. The nurse checked me and I was still a 4 (thats what I had started out at) but I was more effaced. At that time we had also noticed that the babie was having a few drops in heart rate, but nothing that they were worried about at the moment. At around 1 pm the contractions were becoming too much for me so I asked for my epi. I got that placed, than felt great. I could still feel that I was getting a contraction but all the pain was gone. At about 2:30 I had some issues with my blood pressure going low so they put me on some air to help that come back up. At 3 pm the nurse came in and started having me move from one side to the other and put on O2 because the babies heart rate was droping and staying low for a while after a contraction. She called the dr. and told her that she should come and take a look at me and some things. At 3:30 the nurse checked me to see if I had made a lot of change, she was hoping I had so we didn`t have to consider c-section because of the babie having issues with the contractions. I was more effaced about 70 percent but had only dilated to a 5. That made me so sad because I thought for sure I was going to end up with a c-section now. She ended up stoping my pit right after that because the baby just wasn`t liking the contractions. I kept getting them anyways, about 1 every 2 min. At 4 pm the doctor got there, she looked at the strip for my contracions and the baby and than came to talk to me about what my options were. She said that we could wait it out a little while (about a half hour if baby was still doing well) or just go to a c-section. I wanted to try and avoid that if I could so I asked if we could wait and see how the baby did. So a half hour later she came back in and I was still having the contractions every 2 min the baby was sort of tolerating them, but not as well as she was wanting. She said that she would check me but if I hadn`t made any change they were just going to go ahead with the c-section because it would be best for the baby. Well to all of our supprise I was a 7-8 and 90 percent effaced. So in just a half hour I had changed that much. She decided that they would wait just a little longer (watching the baby closely) and see if we could still deliver vaginaly. Then the baby started to have more dips in heart rate, the doctor checked me one last time (this was maybe 5 min after the last time she ckecked me) I was at a 10!! but there was still a little bet of cervex left. She decided that either we start trying to get this baby out now or go to c-section. So once i got my next contraction I started to push. I did about 4 good rounds of pushes and on the 5th set the babies head came out. Thats when everything went bad. She yelled at me to NOT push anymore. The cord was wraped around his head 2 times and was VERY tight. She cut the cord while he was still in me and than told me to push very hard while she pulled him out. They took him over to the table and started working on him. He wasn`t breathing but he did have his eyes open and was looking around. They called the ER staff because they were having problems and were worried that he was going to long with no air. The ER staff came running in and they all worked on him for a good 5 min. During this time all I could do was cry, I thought my baby was going to die. He was so white... Finally he started to take in some air and started to pink up. We were all so happy!! After that he was doing just fine. After things got calmed down and we were all for sure that he was going to be ok they let my DH cut the rest of the cord. Then my Dr. came back to me and started working on getting the plcenta out and look to see if i needed any stiches. To my supprise I didn`t need any!! i was happy about that.

The next day I got my tubes tied, I hurt more from that than I do from delivery!! Dimitri is doing great. He got his cerc. done and seems to be doing well. He is BFing well and hopefully it stayes that way.

This is the only delivery that we had any problems with and I am glad that everything turned out ok. i am so happy to have this last addition to our family, we are now complete. **(side note- If this baby would have been a girl the name would have been, Rozline Emily)**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that is my 4 stories. I did get my tubal done the day after my last baby was born. BUT my body didn't like that so I am now pregnant AGAIN!!! This will be our 5th baby (6th pregnancy, one MC). I am due Nov. 28th 2013, but will have "her":fx: before or at 39 weeks. I will update the story after! Thanks all, sorry again for so long!

Am3a
April 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Great post!
Congrats on your miracle #5!
BTW - love your kids names! :-)

Rainbow baby
April 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM
wow love the surprise baby five congratulations!

The Anchor
April 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
LOVE the name Dmitri...Congrats on #5 and keep us posted!

zem7
April 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks all!! If this baby ends up being a girl we will give her the name that we had picked for our boy. Rozline Emily. If its a boy we still have to think on that lol. My husband picked all the names for our first 3 kids, I picked the name for # 4, and will pick the name for this one also. Don't quite know why we did it that way, but we have loved the names so thanks!