PDA

View Full Version : Your daily stress level

nuthinbutpink
April 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Another post made me curious. Before having kids, before swayin or HT for me, what was your day-to-day emotional/stress level? Like, I would consider myself a worrier. I worry about everything. I always have.

I would say I am High stress - Girl mom

I am curious if the other girl moms are stressed- and I am not talking about anything to do with your kids either, just your personality type and if boy moms are more chilled out.

Anyone else?

TTC5
April 23rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
I have always been a stressed personality lol and have 4 girls!

lindi
April 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
Hmm, I have been calmer lately but before conceiving DS I was really majorly stressed out.

lovehugs
April 24th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I am high stressed (just ask DH) and I have 4 boys!

DoulaMama
April 24th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I used to be very laid back. I had DS1...became a little stressed but not that much. Had DS2...became a stress case. DS3...I'm just a nutter now. Maybe I'll finally get my DD, now that I've lost all sanity ;)

hopefulfornumber3
April 24th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I'm a ball of anxiety and a big worrier but i dont stress some things that other people might. But id say Im pretty stressed out most of the time. I have two boys.

WantingPink
April 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I would say on a scale of 1-10, 1 being no stress and 10 being lots of stress, I am about a 4. But, when situations arise I go straight to a 10. I have not stressed much about my kids... I tend to stress more about things that I don't have a lot of control over like if Bank of America is going to close on the loan for my home on time. I have two boys and wasn't stressed out at all with the first one but I was totally stressed right before conceiving the second because of a work situation (that I didn't have any control over:).

3boys
April 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I am an all boy mum and I worry about EVERYTHING!!! And i mean EVERYTHING even silly stupid things like what am I going to do tomorrow ha ha no wonder I have boys.

iluvmyman
April 25th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I don't worry per say, I'm just an emotional and hormonal person and PMS, I don't even like being around myself. :) Sometimes I really feel bad for DH and the kids. :) I was much less stressed out when DD's were born. So I'd say personality wise, I don't worry I'm just stressed and with our busy life, I'm definitely stressed out. All roads lead straight to my crazy.

Lilian78
April 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Loving this post, because I was just thinking I don't know any Type A moms of girls LOL. I'm high stress in a high stress career. Plus I'm a classic type A, worrying, control freak--with 2 boys :)

queen-of-harts
April 25th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I have always been a high stress person and anxious and i have six boys.I think stress raises Testosterone.

mindyjean
April 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I am pretty Type-A and stress MYSELF out--and I have two boys. :)

iluvmyman
April 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
queen-of-harts, I can't believe how many boys you have. That is so fun! A little pink would be really neat.

swish
April 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I get stressed quite easily and definitely worry a lot and I have 2 boys. I was very stressed when ttc ds1 but not at all when conceived ds2. Feel very stressed and anxious now before ttc a girl because of swaying which is not good but stress is so hard to control!!

queen-of-harts
April 25th, 2011, 06:14 PM
queen-of-harts, I can't believe how many boys you have. That is so fun! A little pink would be really neat.

I know! My boys want a sister soo bad,they would be soo great with a little girl.I Pray she comes to us soon.Im not ttc right now but im hoping to have a great sway when i do,fingers crossed my little girl is in the stars and waiting to come to us.:fx:

Tulips
April 25th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I get highly stressed always have, the otehr thing though that I think sways more boys is stress and competition. I was uber competitive to the point I stressed about winning being the best etc. This is something I really worked on letting go before TTC my girl (hopefully). I dropped all games, sports and things of a competitive nature (even games on the Wii against DH). I hoping dropping that form of stress will have helped.

queen-of-harts
April 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I am not a competitive person at all hmmm at least i dont have to worry about that

Liv
April 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I am stressed most of the day, although I try and breathe every once in awhile. Hard workouts help me deal with the craziness though.

iluvmyman
April 26th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I know! My boys want a sister soo bad,they would be soo great with a little girl.I Pray she comes to us soon.Im not ttc right now but im hoping to have a great sway when i do,fingers crossed my little girl is in the stars and waiting to come to us.:fx:

It makes me smile to think of a little girl with all of those big brothers. I will pray for you if you could send some of that blue dust this way. :)

queen-of-harts
April 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
It makes me smile to think of a little girl with all of those big brothers. I will pray for you if you could send some of that blue dust this way. :)

Ok sounds good.....here is all my super blue dust coming your way!!!!!!!!! ******************

iluvmyman
April 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM
DTD this morning so we'll see queen-of-harts.

queen-of-harts
April 28th, 2011, 07:22 PM
DTD this morning so we'll see queen-of-harts.

Good luck!!! keep me updated lol

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
GREAT thread!!! I am a huge stresser and control freak. My mom and stepmom are both much more laid back and have girls. There were a couple threads on IG about this and for the most part, the control freaks (regardless of stress levels) have the most boys.

I personally think that chronic, long-term stress where things are out of your control, sways pink but stress where you feel like you are in control or even just desperately trying to be in control, sways blue.

There is one study that was done in primates where the animals were taken out of the habitat (where they had to fight all day long for food and dominance) and put into separate cages and they had WAY WAY more daughters.

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I get highly stressed always have, the otehr thing though that I think sways more boys is stress and competition. I was uber competitive to the point I stressed about winning being the best etc. This is something I really worked on letting go before TTC my girl (hopefully). I dropped all games, sports and things of a competitive nature (even games on the Wii against DH). I hoping dropping that form of stress will have helped.

I do too! FAB job giving up the Wii - even little things like that can make a difference.

I actually played the Wii this weekend and I was SHOCKED at how uncompetitive I was. I have never in my life not tried to win at a game and been angry and disappointed to lose (almost to an embarrassing degree). I really really didn't care at all. I am so curious what my T levels are like right now!!

My Fabulous Children
April 29th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm always stressed out. I would worry about everything.

tweedledeedum
April 29th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm another stressed out control freak and I have two boys.

BabyCakes
April 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I stress about EVERYTHING and I have a DS!

sunnyebsh
May 3rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
I'm the worlds biggest stresser / worrier & I have 2 dds

ThroughWithBlue
May 3rd, 2011, 08:08 AM
Before kids.. not a big stresser, I don't really stress in general just my personality. After DH came in my life I became pretty high stress with his major PMS (pissy male syndrome) streaks all the time, after 2 kids in 2 years my stress level is at a constant high. When DS1 was concieved I was really stressed as we were moving to the other side of the world and DH was getting a new job, with DS2 I was probably the same amount stressed as with DS1.
My mom is VERY high stress, I mean crazy high stress/anxiety and she had me so I really don't think stress matters honestly.
ETA I do workout A LOT, like a lot a lot and my mom only worked out 1-2x a week. I know that influences T levels maybe that was the difference with us

Coccinelle33
May 4th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I don't worry about much but I get very obsessive with things like swaying where it's all I think about. I think im usually pretty laid back but my children do make me very stressed every day much more than anything else.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hahahaha I think my husband has that form of PMS too!!!

bodhi
May 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I was very stressed in the months leading up to conceiving DS, but looking back I realize that I unintentionally did EVERYTHING perfectly for a boy sway.

zanacal
July 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
I know this thread is old but I've never read it before! I wouldn't say I get stressed easily, in fact I'm quite chilled out in many respects, but I am a big worrier over things I have no control over - terrible things like car accidents and somebody in the family getting ill and I really have to force myself not to 'go there' or else I get very upset and I don't want to even leave the house. This aspect of my personality reminds me of my mum actually, she is a big worrier too. I'm not sure I was such a worrier before I had children. Back to my mum, she actually had OCD when I was a baby and was about to get treatment for it but she got pregnant with my sister!

rainbowflower
July 4th, 2011, 09:52 AM
the most highly stressed lady I know (seriously, she's extremely stressed almost all the time!) has 2 daughters and a son

mybluepilot
July 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh my .... I am a stress freak, I stress About everything our nanny's advice to me every morning "just relax, go enjoy ur day" I think it's more b/c of DH attitude he is the most laid back man I have ever seen , his slogan in life is " don't worry sweetie everything will all right" urghhh I have noooo idea how I will go through HT :(

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Here are some interesting articles on this idea!!

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-baboons-20110715,0,4391984.story
http://www.livescience.com/4380-humans-baboons-stress.html
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2001/february21/sapolsky-a.html

fresas
August 17th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm a huge worry wart and I have two boys though I also have some controlling tendencies, but those have significantly decreased the past 6-7 years. I think growing up helped with that. :)

My maternal grandmother was a major control freak and had 2 girls. My mother is an even bigger control freak and she had me (1 girl) and two boys. My paternal grandmother had 2 boys and 2 girls. She was/is a super worrier with a lot of anxiety.

XXdreaming
August 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I am a very mellowed out person, I am one to observe my surroundings in the background and never jump to conclusions, I am a follower maybe because I actually avoid stress or anything that sounds stressful and being a leader or organizing anything sounds stressful, just tell me what to do lol I have an "oh well" attitude lol basically if something goes wrong then my reply is "oh well" lol and start over, I have a lot of patience, it takes a lot to get on my nerves, and I never really get mad, I do have a hard time making decisions just because it really doesnt matter lol most my friends get aggrevated with me on this because I dont make decisions, so where do you want to eat? my answer "It doesnt matter just wherever you want", what movie do you want to watch, where you want to sit etc my answer is always "it doesnt matter to me whatever you want or wherever you want" lol so my stress level is pretty low, :)

Coco
October 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I have two boys and definately had alot of stress in my life around conception with both. seem to attract stress and worry anyway as a rule - a personality thing. Am Aiming for cool calm and relaxed this time around......yeah right... at least as close as i can get. giving up exercise is hard because that really did help me manage my stress!

Lisap2008
October 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I have 4 girls and I am not what I would concider high stress, I am naturally pretty calm . I was pretty crazy on the clomid cycles though but I conceived my girls naturally.

Proud-Mummy26
October 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I am very relaxed although when we conceived DS I was a little more stressed.

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Here is a weird study. In African-Americans with anxiety disorders, they had a lot more girls than should be expected, and in all other races, moms with anxiety disorders had more boys than should be expected but not by a statistically significant amount.:think:

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/8/2084.full.pdf+html

Proud-Mummy26
November 1st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Here is a weird study. In African-Americans with anxiety disorders, they had a lot more girls than should be expected, and in all other races, moms with anxiety disorders had more boys than should be expected but not by a statistically significant amount.:think:

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/8/2084.full.pdf+html

That's so interesting!

dreaminginpink
December 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
darn, I'm pretty stressed all the time (goes with my*job). This pink sway may be hard...agggg

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Just focus on controlling the controllable factors and let go of the ones you can't. It's always something!!! :/