PDA

View Full Version : I hate having Gender Desire!

kaseybaby
April 23rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
Not even TTC and feeling defeated
I am really trying to stress, but swaying is very overwhelming to me, mostly mentally. I feel like there are so many contradictions, so much to do, and it still isn't 100%. Then I think about all those mom's out there who are suffering from IF, and here I am trying to make my self more infertile.

I keep looking at these people who are pregnant and wishing they would have boys, and jealous of people having girls. I don't understand why I feel like this. I adore my son, and would love another DS, but I have this crazy desire for a DD. I wish I knew where it came from. I wish all the gender desire would just go away.

Rough day. THanks for letting me vent.

TTC5
April 23rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Alot of us here can relate to what your feeling xox

3boys
April 24th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I feel the same. Sometimes I wish that I had never even heard of Swaying and then me and DH could just have fun making babies. But because I have heard of swaying and I know what we did to get our three boys was very boy friendly I just can't ignore that now. It drives me crazy

My Fabulous Children
April 25th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Alot of us here can relate to what your feeling xox
I agree. Ugh!!! xx

Deux Bleus
April 27th, 2011, 06:21 AM
wow! You read my mind.
I have 2 DS and am pretty content about having a 3rd DS (Ive convinced myself if will happen) but I would LOVE a DD.
I also wish that I didn't know about swaying bc I feel like it will consume me. Your right, it does have a lot of contradictions, isn't 100% and is draining.
I think that it takes away from a little bit of the excitement and surprise of finding out what gender you have created. If I did sway, I will EXPECT a girl and then if it IS a girl, I wont get that desired shock?!
On the other hand, If I DON'T sway and get another DS, I will prob have regrets for NOT swaying??
I would love to just fall pg, unexpectedly, and find out that it is a girl.

Totally in two minds and am totally already obsessed with swaying and nubs and the rest of it :\

bodhi
April 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I could have written your post! Part of me wishes I'd never heard of swaying so I could believe it was 50-50. Now that I feel swaying is possible, I'm obsessed and I worry that my GD could be worse than if I just let nature decide.

purplepoet20
April 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Before I looked online I had faith that I would have 1 boy and 1 girl because that was what my heart desired. After having my 2nd son I thought I did something wrong. After doing research and being very obsessive I realized it was my lifestyle. When my hubby gave the ok to have another baby I did go super research crazy and became very excited to start right away. After a few months I have learned that the more calm I am the more relaxed I am to the stress of swaying and I am finding that I would be ok with whatever the outcome.

CapricornAquarius
May 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Im the same, it was so nice and easy falling pregnant with my 2 girls and now after researching how ttc a boy, thats all Im thinking about grrrr, it takes the joy out of just being ones self and dtd without thinking I hope Ive done all that I could, it s##! But then the other side of me says if I dont try, then I'll never know, frustrating.

jane
June 25th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Im the same, it was so nice and easy falling pregnant with my 2 girls and now after researching how ttc a boy, thats all Im thinking about grrrr, it takes the joy out of just being ones self and dtd without thinking I hope Ive done all that I could, it s##! But then the other side of me says if I dont try, then I'll never know, frustrating.you took the words right out of my mouth!

Iris_star
July 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
i really know how you feel hun :(

cdjv1983
July 14th, 2011, 01:08 AM
I feel the same way!! All I can think about is making the right move. Am I going to do this right! I did feel like i had done something wrong too. I just wish that I could just be happy and not worry. I have be come crazy on the internet looking stuff up. I think my husband thinks I have gone over board.

pinkdreamer
August 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I know exactly how you're feeling hun, sending big hugs your way xx