PDA

View Full Version : how many eggs can you transfer?

gizmo77
April 28th, 2013, 03:26 AM
curious, when you do ET, do most clinics allow you to choose the number of embryos to transfer (i thought for regular IVF the max was 3). obviously, the more you put in the higher the chance of pgcy.

glory
April 28th, 2013, 04:31 AM
It depends on the clinic and the testing. Mine will only allow you to put back one at a time, cause they believe being fully tested and the quality that they are putting back in, you will get pregnant or you wont and they think twins increase risks a lot.

Most clinics are fine with 2 though. If you do FISH testing or transfer on day 3, some will recommend more.

The hard thing they can't tell by visually seeing if you will get pregnant or not, so putting back, IMO, more than 3 could put you in high risk category, especially since us doing this for GS already have kids at home.

vickyaust
April 28th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Dr Potter will allow two to be tf. He has allowed someone to tf 3 in the past as they were of lesser quality. I think she got pregnant with a singleton.

nuthinbutpink
April 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM
2 is usually tops especially for a GS patient. I wouldn't cycle somewhere that they routinely have people transfer more than 2 embryos. That's not a good quality.