PDA

View Full Version : 1st TTC Boy Attempt this week - need blue dust!

iluvmyman
April 25th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I just needed a little encouragement for our sway this week please. We've been swaying for at least 2 months now but this will be our 1st attempt to TTC a boy.

I'm a little nervous, excited and feel unprepared. My PH isn't exactly where I want it to be but haven't ever tested near O. My O date is up in the air a bit due to cycle changes after DS#2 was born but s/b this week for sure. We are using a fertility scope and OPK's. It's different going from concept to putting it all together and DTD to ttc.

DH is super supportive but I could really use everyone's blue dust and prayers. Just to share for a moment, I would really like another chance for a DS since DS#2 died. I am concerned I might get GD if it's a girl but I know that it would be a blessing to get pregnant at all. I spent my last pregnancy so scared to have another child and concerned about my friends opinions of all things. I can't tell you how much I regret not treasuring every second I had with him. I would hate if I felt that way through another pregnancy. I'm not mentioning that for sympathy, it's just a fact. We have put a lot into the sway including a whole lot of hope and I would love to get a BFP in a couple of weeks. :cheerteam:

I really appreciate everyone's support on GD and Atomic as been invaluable. Thanks Everyone! :HH:

My Fabulous Children
April 25th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Good luck hun!!!

TTC5
April 25th, 2011, 07:14 AM
All the best of luck!! xx

Out of the Blue
April 25th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Sending you T&P and ALL of my BLUE DUST. Best of luck, Mama!

ELP
April 25th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Best of luck:luck::HH: This 1stattempt will be the most nervous and if your really lucky it will be 1st time lucky for you!! If not next month the pressure will be off a little and you'll be able to tweak your sway to perfection;) For a lsat minute addition have you got some robitussen for a last minute boost to ewcm? It worked for me:agree: Good luck again:luck::xy::luck:

begonia
April 25th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I have no blue dust but just wanted to say good luck!!!! FX you're a first month BFP and it's blue! :-)

iluvmyman
April 25th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. ELP, I don't have Robitussen but I have 1200mg Mucinex. I'm taking this AF to O once a day, right? Then like 1 hour before DTD?

swish
April 25th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Good luck! You can have all my blue dust too and then a little extra!

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM
BLUE DUST AND FX!!!

PolishPrincess
April 25th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I got blue dust comin' out my ears it's all YOURS!!!

shouldihope?
April 25th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Sending prayers your way and ALL my blue dust is SO yours!

3boys
April 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I have my Fxd for you. Good luck. Sending you tons of blue dust (you can have it all) :-)

Flava
April 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1008/1008323eed7k23ybz.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

iluvmyman
April 26th, 2011, 01:39 PM
My fertile focus scope is scratched and unusable and I don't have enough time to get another one. I'm using OPK's but I don't have much experience with them and they give you a window but I'm not sure when I should DTD when I get a positive to hit O. I can do it based on CM, but with the supps I'm just scared I won't recognize it since my CM is changing w/ the supps. :hair: Didn't I read somewhere that this process is supposed to be completely stress free? :rofl:

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Oh iluvmyman! Goodness what timing, eh?!?! At least stress sways blue, LOL! OK so remember, the OPK will give you a heads up for your O, could be anywhere from 12-36 hours. Since you don't use them regularly I would POAS like a madwoman instead of just 1x a day to make sure you catch the initial surge. Keep checking that CM, but also feel your cervix - I can DEFINITELY tell when mine is open. And remember, for TTC boy it is better to DTD before you O, don't risk hitting o+12. FX for you!!!!

iluvmyman
April 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Oh iluvmyman! Goodness what timing, eh?!?! At least stress sways blue, LOL! OK so remember, the OPK will give you a heads up for your O, could be anywhere from 12-36 hours. Since you don't use them regularly I would POAS like a madwoman instead of just 1x a day to make sure you catch the initial surge. Keep checking that CM, but also feel your cervix - I can DEFINITELY tell when mine is open. And remember, for TTC boy it is better to DTD before you O, don't risk hitting o+12. FX for you!!!!

I'm at work (as a nanny 2 days a week and we have 6 when they are all here- so I have the stress covered) :) and would you believe I forgot my OPK's at home! Augh!!! That's just like, of coarse I did. :) So as soon as I get a surge, Begonia, do would you say to DTD? I need to read up on Atomic's info on OPK's.

Begonia, Can you or someone just really dumb this down for me. When you have the big EWCM where TMI- it's really on your undies, does that mean DTD ASAP to ttc boy?

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I would say wait about 6-12 hours after you catch the surge to DTD; if you get it late afternoon, I'd try to BD late at night or early the next morning. Using your scope in the past have you noticed if your O is at all regular? I usually (though have had a couple off cycles) get my +OPK late afternoon on day 13, and I am 100% sure I O on day 14, so for my sway I plan to BD late night on CD13.

With re: to the EWCM that is another thing that can vary person to person! I get the most EWCM a couple days before I O, and I know in another thread Atomic mentioned for a boy you should absolutely DTD on your peak CM day, whether or not it is the same day you O. So I would say yes to that question ... if you've got gobs of EWCM, BD! I plan to BD on my peak CM day (for me, usually 2 days before O) and then again on O.

I think part of the answer to this also depends on if you believe in the BD one time for a boy or if you're OK with BD a couple times close to/on top of O to get a boy. I know people can be in different camps w/regard to the timing issue so do what you're most comfortable with there.

iluvmyman
April 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
This is TMI and probably doesn't matter but my DS#2 was born in Dec. and 1st AF after that was 1/29. Next AF was on CD 32 on 3/1. Next AF was on CD 19 on 3/19. This last AF was on CD27 on 4/14.

My March cycle we received the scope the day I was O, I think. I wanted to TTC then but we weren't swaying for long enough. It was a really emotional decision though since it was a Super moon and I got pregnant w/ DS#2 who died, in March of 2010, and I really wanted them to be born around the same time.

This month my scope lens got scratched somehow and seems to be unusable and there's just not enough time to order another one. So, too make a very long and unnecessary story short :sigh:, I have no idea about my O anymore.

In the past, I've had a day or time of really heavy EWCM but I'm really not sure how the supps and everything is going to effect my CM.

I know I should wait another month to get a better idea of my cycle, but I'm just not willing to wait on purpose. My teeth are being affected w/ something I'm doing in the sway and stupidly I think my girls are born in the summer (both born in July) and boys in the winter (born Nov. & Dec). This month would put me at a January DD which is close.

I really like the idea of DTD whenever you get your "peak" CM. Are you or have you done the Mucinex? I've been taking now from AF and am up to 3x per day. Since the Mucinex causes more CM, did you still notice a "Peak" CM or does the Mucinex make it hard to tell anymore?

My plan was to abstain the 4 - 5 days and then BD once at O since that's just what I have in my head from IG and it sounds reasonable, but I just don't know. Seems as soon as you think you've got something figured out you read something different. :)

Thanks Begonia for chatting w/ me. Your experience is invaluable and I really appreciate it.

iluvmyman
April 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM
It's 6 hours after I planned on doing my OPK (I forgot to bring 1 to work) today but it looks positive this evening!! It wasn't positive last night. I've been a bit nauseous this morning and evening. Am I crazy? I've noticed being nauseous in the past around O (took me into my 30's I think before I connected the dots as I always felt pregnant when I really was ovulating). No Peak CM though so not sure how far into the 24 to 48 hrs I am to be O. I'm so jazzed!! I'm never used an OPK's before really so I'm......nervous......hope to see a lot of CM to confirm and BD maybe tonight or tomorrow. Right?

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Oh how exciting about the OPK! Are you using digitals, or just regular? Be SURE that the line is darker than the test line - otherwise you're just getting close but not there yet. It took me a couple tries to see the difference, but believe me when one is + you will definitely be able to tell. It is tricky since you haven't used them before to know if you should BD tonight or tomorrow night, b/c some ladies get two full days of +, and then you'd BD on the second night instead of tonight. How does your CP/CM feel to you? If you're thinking you might not be O'ing just yet, maybe hold off and test on another OPK in the morning - if that is still + I would say for sure BD tomorrow night.

This is so tricky and ITA that just when you feel you've got it nailed down, you read something the opposite. I'm an IG transplant too and I know the timing thing there is very, very specific. I read a TON of studies about timing myself (b/c I O'd early one month and was super concerned I'd accidentally gotten pg) and honestly, I think there is no clear evidence that timing really matters. The most convincing study I found was that 2 days prior to O and 2 days AFTER O (weird) sway most heavily for boy; it was a study on a group of Orthodox Jewish people who practiced a ritual abstinence. Anyhow, I totally get wanting to try for the one time BD on O with a 4 day abstinence, because it is certainly what has been promoted, and there are a number of people who had success with it.

To answer your other question re: mucinex, I haven't tried it yet! I plan to this cycle. I wish I had more info on that! Have you posted a thread in the Swaying for Boy forum? Or just pop onto the sticky note there, April 2011 Boy Cheer Squad, and ask for advice - I bet you'll get some more thoughts there, too.

I can totally see where you're wanting another winter baby since that is when your previous boys were born. FX this month gets you a BFP for a January baby boy!

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Oh - and for what it is worth I get nausea sometimes around O too! So strange! I guess it is a hormonal thing!

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Augh! This is twice today that I've typed a bunch and accidently deleted it. Let me try this again.

The line looks as dark as the control line but takes several minutes to show up. I'm going to head to the store and get some expensive smiley face ones, just to be sure. Cervix seems higher (reaching farther to get CM) and CM is not too much different than it's been for a day or two now. It's stretchy and getting more slippery but not as abundant as it's been in the past, but again, I have no idea what it will be like on all the supps.

I think overall your right (I won't blame you if it doesn't work out) :) and I should test again in the A.M. and I think I'm just getting too tired tonight. :) It might be best to wait till tomorrow night, although, DH but will have to miss game night or cut it short tomorrow.

I found a sticky from Atomic that says "And if you're taking Robitussin/Mucinex (to sway blue), you may have so much CM that it's impossible to tell where exactly you are in your cycle." http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1381-Shettles-method-of-timing
Which doesn't make me feel better but I don't have "so much". :)

I forgot about the Blue Cheer Squad, that's a great suggestion. I'm trying to re-read through some of the sticky's too but it's hard to get all the info again (I forget a lot if I don't write it down) when you are on a time table.

Hmmmm, Interesting study and that would kinda throw my whole game plan off. :) I like the "IG Transplant" term. On IG, I thought timing was one sway aspect that was questionable or even least important too. Thanks sooooo much for your help!

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Oh - and for what it is worth I get nausea sometimes around O too! So strange! I guess it is a hormonal thing!
I was reading tonight about it and it does seem to be an actual symptom of O. I bet it's hormonal too. I'm hormonal about everything else so why should this be an exception. :) Poor DH and Children! :)

begonia
April 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I was reading tonight about it and it does seem to be an actual symptom of O. I bet it's hormonal too. I'm hormonal about everything else so why should this be an exception. :) Poor DH and Children! :)

LOL! I totally agree :-)

Saw on the cheer squad you got another + this am! That's GREAT! I think if you BD today you'll be right on top of that egg!

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I don't know what I'd do without you right now Begonia!!! You are making me better cuz I'm pretty bummed and overall nervous. Having a boy is so important and has so much emotion behind it, that I'd hate to mess this up. Please understand that I just want a healthy baby if we can get pregnant at all, but this has been so much work to get up to this point, I just hope this doesn't blow it.

begonia
April 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
iluvmyman I can't imagine the emotion you carry on top of the general emotion that goes into TTC, AND of course we then add in the stress of swaying! It is A LOT for a woman to carry! That's why this forum is such a huge blessing is because we can all be here to support each other through the challenges, and then ideally we all get to celebrate those BFP's together :-)

I am so glad the attempt is behind you, so now you can just focus on taking good care of yourself in this 2WW so that IF you're blessed with a BFP you've given that bean the best environment for implantation. I really, really hope this month is your lucky month!!!!

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 05:24 PM
You are way too cool and this GD has been a huge blessing. I couldn't imagine the stress with no one to bounce stuff off of when you're stuck or just say hey. IG was very busy and GD has been so homey and the gals are fantastic!

Regarding the taking good care of yourself in the 2WW. Do people generally stop the diet? I think I need to stop some of the supps from IG's info as they are unsafe? I have their list of what to stop. I seems if I stopped like the diet and some supps, then got a BFN, I'd have to wait 2 cycles basically to ttc again since it takes at least 6 weeks for everything to work? I don't want to not have a good start if I get a BFP by not taking pre-natals and having some darn calcium. I think I've permanently damaged my teeth.

OK, I really don't mean to bug you all the time and can take this to either the Blue Team or the 2WW threads? I'll look into it in a little bit when I get back on the computer.

Thanks!!!

TTC5
April 27th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Id prolly ease a tad on diet but def drop the unsafe supps a 2 week break isnt much anyway really if you are not preg?

begonia
April 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Id prolly ease a tad on diet but def drop the unsafe supps a 2 week break isnt much anyway really if you are not preg?

TTC5 I totally agree with you... I'd ease up a bit on sodium intake, maybe add in some good full fat dairy if you've been holding off on that. Supplement wise just take the ones that are good for general health, like fish oil, folic, etc. I'd lay off anything that was a hormone type, like L'Arg. I would actually consider going ahead with a prenatal. That said, I never took them pre-TTC with my girls b/c neither were super planned, and they turned out a-ok :-) The good thing about swaying for boy is for the most part there is nothing harmful; it isn't like we're cutting calories/drinking artificial sugar (oh man, I used to guzzle diet soda!!) the way the TTC ladies have to.

C'mon BFP!!!!

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM
It's 6 hours after I planned on doing my OPK (I forgot to bring 1 to work) today but it looks positive this evening!! It wasn't positive last night. I've been a bit nauseous this morning and evening. Am I crazy? I've noticed being nauseous in the past around O (took me into my 30's I think before I connected the dots as I always felt pregnant when I really was ovulating). No Peak CM though so not sure how far into the 24 to 48 hrs I am to be O. I'm so jazzed!! I'm never used an OPK's before really so I'm......nervous......hope to see a lot of CM to confirm and BD maybe tonight or tomorrow. Right?

How did it go?!!

iyamaryam
April 29th, 2011, 12:11 AM
:luck:Goodluck hun.

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I am sending you every spare scrap of blue dust I have! I SO want this for you. ♥♥♥

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
You are way too cool and this GD has been a huge blessing. I couldn't imagine the stress with no one to bounce stuff off of when you're stuck or just say hey. IG was very busy and GD has been so homey and the gals are fantastic!

Regarding the taking good care of yourself in the 2WW. Do people generally stop the diet? I think I need to stop some of the supps from IG's info as they are unsafe? I have their list of what to stop. I seems if I stopped like the diet and some supps, then got a BFN, I'd have to wait 2 cycles basically to ttc again since it takes at least 6 weeks for everything to work? I don't want to not have a good start if I get a BFP by not taking pre-natals and having some darn calcium. I think I've permanently damaged my teeth.

OK, I really don't mean to bug you all the time and can take this to either the Blue Team or the 2WW threads? I'll look into it in a little bit when I get back on the computer.

Thanks!!!

You can def. ease off the salt but I would still try to keep blood sugar in a good spot, because blue beans need a nice even amount of glucose in the CM to grow and develop properly. Good luck!!!!

Roonarpia
April 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!

iluvmyman
April 30th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks everyone and I'll keep you updated

iluvmyman
May 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
OK, this is dpo11 w/ a high quality prego test and I got a BFN. I'm calling it! AF should start Wednesday. Bummer!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 11:26 PM
:( I'm sorry. I hope next month it happens for you.