PDA

View Full Version : GD....years down the line. the story.

amysboys
April 28th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I have great neighbours and I feel thier story would help so many as it did me a few years ago.
They are coming to retirement age and are so loving and friendly. She had a long conversatin with me about how she always wanted a daughter although welcomed thier first son with open arms. A few years later another son was born and then there were no more children.
They lived a 'boy' life, years and years surrounded by blue with 'boys' toys, games, parties.
Thier sons grew up, flew the nest and married but both remained devoted to thier parents, thier closeness touched me so much.
soon the first granchild was on the way...a girl. Then another grandchild...a girl. and another..a girl...2 more girls later and there house was filled with pink and she thought she would never say this but the desire for a grandson...for blue boys toys was intense. Then...the final grandchild..a boy. They brought the tiny blue bundle to show me. The tears in thier eyes was amazing.
I was at the time expecting DS3 and was struggling to visualize my forever 'boy' life.
She taught me that true happiness comes from the love of children, whatever the sex and that boys too can grow up to be close to thier mothers.
And importantly to try not to focus on what you 'think' will be sadness to follow. Noone knows the future..noone can predict your desires in the future.
She helped me focus on the happiness that having an all blue family brings and to live for today and enjoy every moment as you never know what the future holds....only then, when I was in this place I unexpectedly welcomed my daughter and my life turned another corner.
Lifes corners are what shapes us, you cant predict them, you cant be upset for what they 'may' bring. All you can do is focus on the straight path you are on NOW and make it the best few steps you have ever made.

shiningstar
April 28th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I so needed to read this right now. Thank you!

1+2+3boys
April 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I so needed to read this right now. Thank you!

Me too. It's so hard right now. I'm so busy and all my 3 year old wants is to play cars and I get down thinking I have another double round to come with the twins. A lovely story but I hope I do not have to wait until grandchildren to stop leading an all blue life

hotdogz&boyz
April 28th, 2013, 10:54 PM
What a beautiful story :) I love it!

iluvmy4sons
April 28th, 2013, 10:59 PM
That was beautiful. My husband is close to his mother and his brother is too. We all live on the same lane as her. I just hope I will have a close relationship with my Daugther in laws and sons as well as this little girl. She just had my husband and his twin brother. This will be her second granddaughter my husband's brother has once child who is a girl.

My Three Sons
April 29th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Now I am all teary eyed. Beautiful.

hlmcdaniels
May 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM
this just made my mothers day, thank you!

fish2012
May 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM
amy thank you for sharing, we are hoping and praying that our lill girl will make it and we'll have a mixed family but through this site i've learnt to try not to put all hopes of adult closeness down to my dd. Yes normally girls are closer to thier mums but i've got friends who've grown up daughters have now emigrated so i will still be trying to forge a relationship with my boys that will ensure they are close forever as you never know what will happen

thank you for sharing this xx