PDA

View Full Version : Here I SWAY again.

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Can't believe I'm back at square 1 again. Oh well.

So, I am going to try the same sway as last time (the one I posted from this latest bfp). I am going to drop the DHEA though. I am just so worried that we can't make a chromosomally normal baby for some reason.

Other changes: I am *thinking* of having DH do a sperm analysis, just to make sure his swimmers aren't running around with crazy deformed alien heads or something. I am going to do that free FSH test that came with my FRERS just to see what my ovarian picture is looking like. My main goal now is to make sure we have the best quality eggs and sperm, since clearly I can get pregnant, but they don't grow. I am taking a progesterone suppository, so no issues there.

Going to hit the diet again, but I am not going to pile on the taters like I did before. I blow up like a whale on those. Going to buy some wheatgrass capsules too.

Any other advice is appreciated! I feel funny asking that since I've done this SO MANY times now, I feel like the old kung fu master of swaying, I should know all of this and be confident by now.

daisyfay311
April 25th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry. :(

DoulaMama
April 25th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Just crashing to say~ Good luck and many blessings coming your way~~~
I hope that everything goes smoothly for you Mama.
And fwiw- I have a girlfriend who had an ectopic and 2 blighted ovums all in one year, who went on to have 3 kids, one after another, without any miscarriages again. (((HUGS))) Your little guy will make his way to you!
XOXO

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks, J! That is good to hear!!!!

begonia
April 25th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Lola I think it is good to change things up a bit ... what works for some (like DHEA) might not work for all. I LOL about you and the taters ;-)

I just started the wheatgrass so can't opine on +/- but will say I love that it is available in tablet form. If only I could swallow a pill to make a boy...

FX you get a sticky, healthy BFP soon!

Flava
April 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Lola I feel the same way! I was ttc for almost 2 years with DD4 and now it's like I almost don't remember a thing!:mad: Im thinking to take the DHEA because I will be almost 37 when I ttc...not sure yet...and get the wgrass tablets and NYF tablets .
Oh and Im pretty sure you are the Jet Li of swaying :rofl:

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Great to have you on board!:awe:
Don't jump into conclusion that for some reasons your babies cannot grow, I bet that's not the case and I bet your next pregnancy will be the Happiest & Healthiest one with boy as a result. You are one brave momma that's for sure :awe:

I agree to leave some ingredients from sway and see if it works better this way :agree:

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I thought maybe to include wheatgrass in my sway, sounds great, but I can't find proper translation, so I don't know what to ask for in pharmacy :worry: Do you guys know Latin name of it?
Oh, and what are taters? :oops:

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
ZB, here is a link about wheatgrass: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatgrass with the plant genus/species name or whatever you call it. I have a green powder that I am going to take more aggressively, it has wheatgrass in it. I just bought some super antioxidants at the store for Mission: Healthy Eggs and Sperm.

And taters are potatoes, that's the good old American slang term for them!

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks huni, I finally got the idea about wheatgrass, I better look for it in Health Food store instead of pharmacy.
Oh, and healthier eggs and sperm -> better blue sway:agree:

My Fabulous Children
April 26th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Good luck to you dear. I'll be there to cheer you up!! It is good to change things. Hopefully these will do the trick.

TTC5
April 26th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Been thinking of you lovely Lola xxx

babydes56
April 26th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Great to have back on board. Why are you dropping the DHEA?

nicnee1976
April 26th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck. Hope this is the month for you. It is said that you are more fertile after a m/c. Hope this is true for you. xx

lindi
April 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Lola! I am so sorry for your loss. I also had a blighted ovum a long time ago, and luckily, it wasn't a recurring situation with me (well yet!). I did a lot of research about this, and didn't really come up with good answers about causes of BOs. They are more common in women with PCOS for some reason, but they occur pretty frequently in all women, and are thought to be occurring in most miscarriages. The thinking that I know if i that it's most likely not a sperm issue, but an eqq quality issue, and that there were abnormal chromosomes within the egg which allowed everything but the fetus to grow. My own thinking is that BOs are common in women with PCOS because they usually have an insulin situation which, when elevated, throws the pituitary-ovary loop out of whack and causes it to vibrate at a too high frequency, causing a too high and too prolonged LH surge. What that can do, I think, is cause lots of eggs to start to develop, but not one to really become the dominant healthy follicle, and the egg that ends up getting ovulated is less than ideal. This is what makes me think that BOs are really an eqq quality issue in all women, but the quality is hampered by different factors in PCOS and non-PCOS women. I think non-PCOS women would have an easier time and have more weapons in improving egg quality like royal jelly and Co Q10. Also, since you have has 2 losses in a row (?) and are 35 like me (:)) maybe a little appt. with your gyno might be a good idea? Good luck I am sure you'll get your little man!

LolaInLove
April 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Babydes, I just want to drop the hormonal stuff this month and see what happens. I sometimes get worried that I am messing with my body too much, but if I have a poor FSH response when I test it again on the next cycle, I may go for it again. I think though, that it is really only effective if you give it 3-4 months before you ttc, and I don't want to do that at this point. I WILL do that, however, if my levels look truly bad.

Lindi, thank you for that awesome post! I do worry mostly now about my egg quality, and a bit about sperm quality, but that is mostly because my DH smokes, which I am all but holding a gun to his head to quit now or I'm not trying this again. It may not be him, but me, but I just feel like after the 2nd m/c IN A ROW that he really needs to cut it out. I don't know if I have pcos, I've never had any symptoms, but I do agree that a doctor's appointment would be a good idea. I am going back for an u/s still on May 3rd so I will talk to them then about some testing. I've had my prolactic, thyroid, and progesterone tested and all were fine, but I would be curious as to what they test other than blood for pcos. I suppose they do some scans of your ovaries during pre-o and O time. I really appreciate your advice, and GL to you!!!!

LolaInLove
April 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck. Hope this is the month for you. It is said that you are more fertile after a m/c. Hope this is true for you. xx

It has been true after every m/c I've had so far! Unfortunately, this one was two cycles after a m/c, and ended in another m/c. I hope you are feeling better and all is looking good for you, nicnee!

LolaInLove
April 27th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Oh, and I did add Co-Q10 and a multi-antioxidant to my regimen. Also some supp called Anstaxanthin, which is the red outer shell of krill, supposed to be the new hot antioxidant now. I was talked into it by the health food store guru.

lindi
April 28th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Babydes, I just want to drop the hormonal stuff this month and see what happens. I sometimes get worried that I am messing with my body too much, but if I have a poor FSH response when I test it again on the next cycle, I may go for it again. I think though, that it is really only effective if you give it 3-4 months before you ttc, and I don't want to do that at this point. I WILL do that, however, if my levels look truly bad.

Lindi, thank you for that awesome post! I do worry mostly now about my egg quality, and a bit about sperm quality, but that is mostly because my DH smokes, which I am all but holding a gun to his head to quit now or I'm not trying this again. It may not be him, but me, but I just feel like after the 2nd m/c IN A ROW that he really needs to cut it out. I don't know if I have pcos, I've never had any symptoms, but I do agree that a doctor's appointment would be a good idea. I am going back for an u/s still on May 3rd so I will talk to them then about some testing. I've had my prolactic, thyroid, and progesterone tested and all were fine, but I would be curious as to what they test other than blood for pcos. I suppose they do some scans of your ovaries during pre-o and O time. I really appreciate your advice, and GL to you!!!!

Lola, I don;t think you need to check for PCOS at all, this was my way of explaining why I think BOs are an egg quality issue...just because I know they are v. common in PCOSers and I know what's going on in PCOS-- sort of. In women who don't have PCOS there might be something else which is causing something similar. An egg ovulating that isn't *quite* ready or maturing in an ideal environment. This makes more sense to me than just saying "chromosomal abnormalities" because I think there are very real things you can do help. And most websites just say, oh well, don't worry luck of the draw... and that's not the whole truth IMO.
I think if you are looking for things to add into your TTC regimen, there are some great things! I can imagine that right now you are grieving and I really admire your courage to start looking towards the future so soon. I will be following and can't wait for your next BFP!

LolaInLove
April 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks again, Lindi! I am looking forward to my appt on the 3rd to chat with my doctor. My friend who is a genetic couselor suggested some panel that looks to see if I am allergic to my DH's sperm or something, but I think you are right, it was just an egg (and sperm) issue. Hopefully these antioxidants help. I'll be following your journey in May, too! HUGE FX for you!!!!

lindi
April 28th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks! Good luck at your appt!

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM

Keep in mind too that sometimes it has nothing to do with the egg or the sperm, it's that something went wrong with the implantation or the cord or some other thing that was always utterly out of your control.

I would prob. see a doctor at this point just to rule out clotting and immunity issues.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Lola, I don;t think you need to check for PCOS at all, this was my way of explaining why I think BOs are an egg quality issue...just because I know they are v. common in PCOSers and I know what's going on in PCOS-- sort of. In women who don't have PCOS there might be something else which is causing something similar. An egg ovulating that isn't *quite* ready or maturing in an ideal environment. This makes more sense to me than just saying "chromosomal abnormalities" because I think there are very real things you can do help. And most websites just say, oh well, don't worry luck of the draw... and that's not the whole truth IMO.
I think if you are looking for things to add into your TTC regimen, there are some great things! I can imagine that right now you are grieving and I really admire your courage to start looking towards the future so soon. I will be following and can't wait for your next BFP!

I totally agree about the chromosomal abnormalities - I think that's doctor-speak for, "we don't have a clue what happened".

Lola, I am in your corner cheering you on! Wishing you the very best!!

LolaInLove
May 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks, Atomic. I'm going in tomorrow for another u/s to be sure it's mostly all passed out of me, and I will ask them about the clotting and immunity issues.

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Good Luck Lola xoxoxox