PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY hope Ramzi is not True!!

prayforprincess
April 29th, 2013, 03:49 PM
I had an u/s today at 6w4d. Ya for a heartbeat!
But I couldn't help but notice that the placenta & baby were clearly on the right.
So now I am kinda freaking out.

My g/f just had a baby in Jan. She said she knows for a fact that she ovulated from the left and it was on the left side of her uterus. And of course the doctor told me that the theory can't possibly be true. Gender cannot be connected to what side the placenta is on between 6-8 weeks and that both xx and xy swim up both sides. She actually found is quite amusing but absurd.

I am soooooo hoping it is not true and please please please tell me it is not true so I can still feel like I have a chance at my baby girl.
Honestly my heart is sunk and I feel defeated already :(

afy
April 29th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I've heard sooooo many stories of Right side and it being a girl both my SIL daughters, my niece, a few friends! So nothing to worry about at all. This time round I'm getting right side pains lol but With my DD I had left I don't think it means anything either,
Really just take it as a pinch of salt! You have every chance of having a girl..

peonymama
April 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
My twin boys were both ovulated from the left ovary. I have no idea how that theory could be true, it doesn't seem scientific at all.

BabyGirl4Me
April 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
My DS used to hang out on my left side, so I wouldn't put much stock in Ramzi. Good luck!

prayforprincess
April 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I don't know. I have been looking this up constantly.
Apparently I may have been looking at the picture wrong.
The picture is what you see on the screen -- which is like a real picture taken. The left is the right in actuality and visa versa. I looked up the whole Ramzi essay etc. and he showed examples of a left placenta and right placenta at 6 weeks. The left placenta/girl seemed to look exactly how my picture looked.
So now I am hoping its true.
I don't know why I torture myself so.

Tree
May 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
A friend of mine only has one ovary and has children of both sex.

atomic sagebrush
May 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM
It is just a trend and there are exceptions - like most men are taller than most women, but that doesn't mean that there aren't many, many men shorter than many women.

There are women on this site who had it confirmed that they Oed and baby implanted on the right side, so even if you are on the right side, you should not despair over it.

As to whether Ramzi is right or wrong, there is some data that we really just can't ignore (not just from Ramzi but also from the Japanese researchers who study gender ratio) Your doctor is just not going to know about some of this stuff. They do what they do (deliver babies) and can't keep up on studies, I think you have every chance at a girl regardless of what side you are implanted on, but it does annoy me when doctors poo-pooh and dismiss out of hand things that they just don't know about. Not everything is an OWT.

atomic sagebrush
May 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Unless the tech has been trained in the Ramzi method, you just can't know if the picture is your right, their right, reversed, inverted, inside out, upside down, or plaid. :) Please don't despair!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
My twin boys were both ovulated from the left ovary. I have no idea how that theory could be true, it doesn't seem scientific at all.

It's because in many women, the right ovary is dominant and is the one that pops out an egg most of the time. Then when maternal condition declines, the right ovary can take a break and the left ovary takes over. So it's NOT that right makes boys and left makes girls, but that declining condition can make the right ovary shut down and the left take over, and ALSO declining condition = more girls conceived. Co-inky-dink. :)

Kidsx7
August 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
This theory is so interesting. I dont know what side my baby implanted on, my u/s pic looks left (trans vag) but I never know when you're supposed to flip it & I gave up trying to figure it out. I DO know that I ovulated from the left ovary though, that was confirmed during u/s from a CL cyst. I asked what side baby had imlanted on and I was told "the top" lol

3littleladies
August 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Ive got to say, all 3 of my girls were on the left so it was accurate with me, but you never know im sure its not always right, good luck!

I know how you feel cause with my last baby I was preying that ramzi theory was wrong also!

deaks66
August 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
In my opinion Ramzi is a load of rubbish. My son should have been a girl according to it and I even knew for sure which side was which as I double checked with the sonographer.

1+2+3boys
August 25th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Not everything is an OWT.

What is OWT?

3littleladies
September 3rd, 2013, 02:57 AM
What is OWT?

Old wives tale!