PDA

View Full Version : supplement list?

Flava
April 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I see we have on the sups list right now
for DW :FA , RJ, TT, Fertile CM, L-arginine, EPO,False unicorn root,Grape seed ext.,Fish oil,wheat grass, flaxseed oil,
for DH :L-agrinine, L-carnitine, Vit. E ,Fish oil, CoQ10 , Zink, B12, wheat grass, pine bark ext.,cod liver oil

When I was ttc there was also vitamin E , potassium, CoQ-10, B12, Zink, L-arginine for DW and ginseng for DH. (maybe I forget some things, not sure)

I don't know what is grape seed ext.? And we not suppose to take TT anymore for ttc blue right?
And why DH need fish oil and cod liver oil too?

What is everyone else taking??
Im trying to make a sup list together what is the best to take for me and DH . I will start end of July or early August.

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, I was taking vit E and Zinc ( couldn't find B12 , but would have taken it) because they are on IG supps list. I got my Prenatals, and it seems they sway blue http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2405-Prenatals I know there were conflicted opinions about Prenatals on IG and conclusion was they might be swaying pink because of the vit B complex, but all other ingredients are boy-friendly so I doubt vit B complex would prevale.

Unfortunately IDK what is cod liver oil, so I was giving to my dh Fish Oil + Zinc, vit C (antioxidant and raises sperm count according to IG), L-carnitine, vit E, FA and Garlic pills.

Oh, and I am drinking green tea every day.

begonia
April 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Flava I would definitely give your DH fish oil as it is good for overall health. My DH's dermatologist rec'd it for him for helping promote healthy skin.

I get confused on what can/can't be taken together ... I am pretty sure we aren't supposed to do L'arg and FertileCM together since fertileCM has L'arg in it. But are there others we should watch out for taking together? Anyone know?

begonia
April 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Flava here's the link to the supp list from Viene where she mentions Grapeseed as a source of antioxidants.

My Fabulous Children
April 26th, 2011, 01:14 AM
I am taking the same supplements as I did with my previous sway, but I just added RJ/BP and instead of FertileCM I'm taking L-arginine. Also I started taking prenatal vitamin right after my m/c.

For me- FA, parental vitamins, Vit E, Fish oil, FUR, B12, RJ/BP, L-arginine, Potassium

For DH- Coq-10, L-arginine, L-carnitine, Zinc, B12, Vit E, and sometimes FA.

My Fabulous Children
April 26th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I get confused on what can/can't be taken together ... I am pretty sure we aren't supposed to do L'arg and FertileCM together since fertileCM has L'arg in it. But are there others we should watch out for taking together? Anyone know?

Same here!!! It would be good if they write down what supplements can/can't be taken together, not just this also the supplements that can effect the cycle.

Zivic-Bubac
April 26th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Here is schedule for how supps should be taken, although I'm taking my randomly throughout the day:worry:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1628-Complete-guide-to-taking-supplements

LolaInLove
April 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I just bought an antioxidant complex with all sorts of stuff in it: ala (alpha lipoic acid), grapeseed, reservatrol, maca, green tea, ginko and a million other things. Hoping it just helps me make a normal baby....not sure if it sways blue, but I am guessing so with all of those things in it.

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Lola that supp definitely sounds boy and fertility friendly!

MFC, what made you swap the FertileCM for L'Arginine? Are you able to tell a difference yet?

I mentioned a link to a thread in an earlier post re: grapeseed and forgot to include the link, LOL! Here it is...
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?311-Supplements

LolaInLove
April 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I hated FertileCM, it actually dried me up! A few other girls from way back on IG had the same experience.

lightofmylife
April 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Lola sweety , i am really really very sorry to know about your loss :( , i just came to know , its heart breaking , i pray hard for ur a sticky blue bean this time.

lightofmylife
April 26th, 2011, 10:54 AM
ladies can you plzz help me , if i am gonna try after 4 month ( i want to sway for 4 month) , should i have all these supplements for whole month or just AF-O ??? when i was swaying last year , i was taking supplements from AF-O except of FA and Fish oil, NOW iam again confused :( ??

LolaInLove
April 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks, Light. I'm getting on and trying to be positive. As far as supps go, I would check out Atomic's lists under "Read me first- planning your boy sway" thread because some you should only take AF-o, even if you are not trying. I can't remember which ones, though....

Flava
April 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Im thinking to take something like this:
potassium 99mg
L-arginine (?)
false unicorn 900mg
E -400 iu
fish oil -1000mg
folic acid-2000 mcg
vit. B12- 150 mcg
zink -50 mg
wheat grass (?)
grape seed (?)
baby aspirin 81 mg (after O)(maybe...)
DHEA 25-75 mg ( maybe because Im almost 37)

DH: Zink -50 mg
B12 -150 mg
ginseng-500 mg
L-arginine 500 mg
L-carnitine 500 mg
vit. E 400 iu
fish oil 800 mcg
folic acid 800 mcg
wheat grass (?)
CoQ-10 - 10mg
Is this ok??

I think the sup list and to how to take it should be on the same page . sup list is in "ttc boy best practices " and the guide is in "gender swaying discussions " We have so many post and all over it's just hard to find things for me.

Flava
April 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
ladies can you plzz help me , if i am gonna try after 4 month ( i want to sway for 4 month) , should i have all these supplements for whole month or just AF-O ??? when i was swaying last year , i was taking supplements from AF-O except of FA and Fish oil, NOW iam again confused :( ??

this is what I know from back when I was ttc

if you take EPO :from last day of AF until O
fertile cm: from AF to O
potassium until O
mucinex or robitussum from last day of AF until 3 days after O

Don't remember the other pills but I think we can stop in the 2WW and just take FA vit E , fish oil and wheat grass?

lightofmylife
April 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
flava .. i thought u can take one either L-arginine or L-carnitine ... iam giving DH L-arginine as it has L-caritine in it , my list is short ,
DW
fish oil . 2x af-af
vit E .. 2x af--af
zinc .. 2x af-o
L-arginine 2x af-o
potassium 3x af-af
folic acid af-af
thinking to add TT , didnt know about wheat grass and grape seed ??
DH
same
plus fertility blend 2x daily

Flava
April 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM
light you are so right...I was thinking this is to much sup to take . let me try to make it shorter.

potassium 99mgx2-3
L-arginine (?)
E -400 iu
fish oil -1000mg
folic acid-2000 mcg
zink -50 mg
wheat grass (?)
DHEA 25-75 mg ( maybe because Im almost 37)

L-carnitine 500 mg
vit. E 400 iu
fish oil 1000 mcg
folic acid 800 mcg
CoQ-10 - 10mg
potassium 99mgx2 ( I didn't know this is for DH too)

ok I guess this looks a lot easier to take. Would this list be ok?

lightofmylife
April 26th, 2011, 05:11 PM
perfect :) ... do u know what wheat grass and grape seed for ??? r these antioxidant or something else ?? many ladies r taking RJ/BP , i cant take as i ve allergy with them :(

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I hated FertileCM, it actually dried me up! A few other girls from way back on IG had the same experience.

Now I remember that Lola!!!! I knew there was a reason I had shied away from it initially and that is exactly what it was! I remember Wantasonbun used it the month before she got pg and it totally dried her up.

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Light the grapeseed is antioxidant, and the wheatgrass helps with alkalinity... maybe antiox too but for sure alkalinity!

lightofmylife
April 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
ooo thanks begonia .... thats great, i would surely add them..... i was giving dh vit C as antioxidant but would switch it :)

lightofmylife
April 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM
anyone using garlic pills or fresh, i heard it sways blue ???

Flava
April 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Light the grapeseed is antioxidant, and the wheatgrass helps with alkalinity... maybe antiox too but for sure alkalinity!

is this for DH too?

Flava
April 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM

garlic sways blue it can raise your ph. (didn't do it for me) If I remember good it works better for some blood type...I think it was type A?? not sure... but sways blue

LolaInLove
April 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I will post my list on here tomorrow, I usually give DH everything that I take, except I take a prenatal and he takes fertilaid for men.

gizmo77
April 27th, 2011, 05:01 PM
wow how are you all able to get your dh to swallow all those pills!!? so far dh agreed to zinc. i actually dont knwo what else he NEEDS. maybe something to raise alkalinity and testosterone (but doesnt zinc do that?) i mean are you guys doing so many supplements just to make sure and double up on minerals/hormones/chances? or are there specific reasons for the supplements you choose for yourself and dh?

im just having a hard time deciding and i dont want to overdo it. i mean i have 2 healthy girls, no m/c (so far knock on wood), so i know dh has good sperm (or im ASSUMING he does) and sperm count is adequate. and since my goal is boy i just figured raise pH and testosterone (bc im assuming they were low at the time of the last 2 conceptions). im assuming sperm motility is ok bc we got it on 1st tries.

for me, i have tons of ewcm. so the only thing that im assuming i lacked the last 2 tries were a high pH, perhaps testosterone (tho ive always been "boyish"). but i fyou guys read my 'how i made my girls' in the swaying girls section, youll see that i had TONS of calcium, and started TTC both times pretty early on prior to O, and did it every single day until i thought O was over for sure. so for me i think, dh didnt have enough time to rebuild sperm and too much calcium and white meat (chicken). i ALWAYS eat tons of salt, tons of meat, cereal for breakfast EVERYDAY and had orgasms BOTH (all) times. i was WAYY off for assuming ovulations (started way too early i think).

so how do you guys pick your supplements?

gizmo77
April 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I am taking the same supplements as I did with my previous sway, but I just added RJ/BP and instead of FertileCM I'm taking L-arginine. Also I started taking prenatal vitamin right after my m/c.

For me- FA, parental vitamins, Vit E, Fish oil, FUR, B12, RJ/BP, L-arginine, Potassium

For DH- Coq-10, L-arginine, L-carnitine, Zinc, B12, Vit E, and sometimes FA.

MFC
sorry about the m/c :-(
was this supplement list for your successful (boy)sway? also iforgot to ask you in another thread, you mentioned that you swayed successfully for a boy..do you have that sway posted anywhere?

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Lola that supp definitely sounds boy and fertility friendly!

MFC, what made you swap the FertileCM for L'Arginine? Are you able to tell a difference yet?

I mentioned a link to a thread in an earlier post re: grapeseed and forgot to include the link, LOL! Here it is...

FertileCM didnt seem to do anything for me plus it's a little expensive too so I thought L'arginine would be better even thought it mess my cycle, but I wanna try it one more time and see.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 02:41 AM

I use fresh to cook with my food. ''sometimes'' because I can't stand the smell, LOL. and yes it does sways blue.

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Garlic pills, do these make you "smell" haha

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 03:52 AM
gizmo77, My DH hates taking pills and he doesn't take pills when he's sick he take everything in liquid. He did everything for me, I gave him multi vitamins with my successful boy sway, but now he doesn't mind at all because he got a boy last time LOL :bigsmile:

:prof: Zinc raises testosterone :agree: give him that plus you can add more to raise his pH and sperm count: like L-arginine, fish oil, coq10 and more check the list for DH.

I can understand you worrying about the m/c and I really hope you never have to go through it. IMO There is no way swaying can cause mc . Every cycle you have a 20% chance of pg and of that 20% you have a 20% chance of mc. 80-85% of all eggs are bad I google that online and it has been said more than once on the other site. I have three healthy children with no problems at all and I am young. I did the same thing as I did with my DS, but it ended with a m/c I guess it wasn't meant to be. Everything in God hands.

As far as the supplements you pick the one you need. Like I have very little EWCM so I take L'arginine and mucinex. Like that. Pick the one that works best for you.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 03:57 AM
MFC
sorry about the m/c :-(
was this supplement list for your successful (boy)sway? also iforgot to ask you in another thread, you mentioned that you swayed successfully for a boy..do you have that sway posted anywhere?

Yes and I am taking the same suppplements now. I posted my sway on IG, or I will PM you ;)

LolaInLove
April 28th, 2011, 09:59 AM
gizmo77, My DH hates taking pills and he doesn't take pills when he's sick he take everything in liquid. He did everything for me, I gave him multi vitamins with my successful boy sway, but now he doesn't mind at all because he got a boy last time LOL :bigsmile:

:prof: Zinc raises testosterone :agree: give him that plus you can add more to raise his pH and sperm count: like L-arginine, fish oil, coq10 and more check the list for DH.

I can understand you worrying about the m/c and I really hope you never have to go through it. IMO There is no way swaying can cause mc . Every cycle you have a 20% chance of pg and of that 20% you have a 20% chance of mc. 80-85% of all eggs are bad I google that online and it has been said more than once on the other site. I have three healthy children with no problems at all and I am young. I did the same thing as I did with my DS, but it ended with a m/c I guess it wasn't meant to be. Everything in God hands.

As far as the supplements you pick the one you need. Like I have very little EWCM so I take L'arginine and mucinex. Like that. Pick the one that works best for you.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree: My Dh will do whatever I ask him to if it means upping our chances of having a son. Plus, these supps and whatnot are not at all bad for you....they are vitamins and minerals. Maybe a few high levels for a short period of time, but nothing bad. And ITA with MFC, you take what you need, and it takes some trial and error to figure out what works for you. If you feel uncomfortable or don't want to spend a ton of money on them, just go with a few of them and see how your body and ph change.

Flava
April 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
gizmo I think this list is pretty good all this sups help something .I also want to add the wheat grass and grape seed.
If your DH don't want to take much sup just try to give him Zink L-carnitine, E and fish oil.

DW potassium 99mgx2-3
L-arginine (?)
E -400 iu
fish oil -1000mg
folic acid-2000 mcg
zink -50 mg
wheat grass (?)

L-carnitine 500 mg
vit. E 400 iu
fish oil 1000 mcg
folic acid 800 mcg
CoQ-10 - 10mg
potassium 99mgx2

gizmo77
April 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM

my dh is not a pill popper either but he does want a boy and he probably will do what it takes since this may be our last chance, but he is just hesitant about if this stuff works or if its a gimick, etc...or just ppls opinions, etc. i had no idea 80-85% of all eggs were bad! i did conceive twins my first pg and one didnt make it. and thats what the OB said (maybe one bad egg). guess thats why we are born with a million or whatever.

gizmo77
April 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree: My Dh will do whatever I ask him to if it means upping our chances of having a son. Plus, these supps and whatnot are not at all bad for you....they are vitamins and minerals. Maybe a few high levels for a short period of time, but nothing bad. And ITA with MFC, you take what you need, and it takes some trial and error to figure out what works for you. If you feel uncomfortable or don't want to spend a ton of money on them, just go with a few of them and see how your body and ph change.

i guess thats probably what im confused about. trying to see what works. i kow i can test my pH. but i cant really test other things like testosterone, potassium levels. well i guess i CAN butthat requires a dr's visit!

REALLY wish there was just one boy pill!

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 01:37 PM
REALLY wish there was just one boy pill!
omg me too:rofl:

begonia
April 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM
omg me too:rofl:

ooooh... and we can make it taste just like chocolate! Since we're dreaming here :bigsmile:

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
ooooh... and we can make it taste just like chocolate! Since we're dreaming here :bigsmile:

hahahah!!!!!

My Fabulous Children
April 30th, 2011, 06:48 PM
You ladies are so funny, LOL.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Yes, I was taking vit E and Zinc ( couldn't find B12 , but would have taken it) because they are on IG supps list. I got my Prenatals, and it seems they sway blue http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2405-Prenatals I know there were conflicted opinions about Prenatals on IG and conclusion was they might be swaying pink because of the vit B complex, but all other ingredients are boy-friendly so I doubt vit B complex would prevale.

Unfortunately IDK what is cod liver oil, so I was giving to my dh Fish Oil + Zinc, vit C (antioxidant and raises sperm count according to IG), L-carnitine, vit E, FA and Garlic pills.

Oh, and I am drinking green tea every day.

The B complex seems like it very well might sway blue anyway. I would totally take prenatals for blue and in fact that's one of my biggest regrets for my failed pink sway is that I insisted on taking prenatals.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Ok so rather than going through all 5 pages I will try to throw together one mega-essay that talks about everyone question that we can then stick. For now, there is more info about boy supps here

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?803-Boosting-egg-quality

And here is the essay on taking pills and which ones you shouldn't combine and stuff

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1628-Complete-guide-to-taking-supplements

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 03:02 AM
Off to read, thanks Atomic!

begonia
May 2nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Supplement question! I decided to try out L'arg this month and am going to drop EPO. I don't have any issues with EPO, it does seem to have helped increase my EWCM, but I want to see what L'Arginine does for me. So here's the question ... do you take L'arg every day, or only AF-O? I'm pretty sure it is everyday b/c I know on IG it doesn't mention taking it only AF-O, but I wanted to get some thoughts from ladies who have taken it.

I figured since I have so many months before I TTC I can trial-run a bunch of different supps. I think I will try out the RJ too but not til next month. I read, I think on IG, that it takes about 3 months to work though. Has anyone tried it and found it to work sooner/later or had no change?

Thanks gals!

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
I take L'Arg every day.

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM

the kind of chocolate that doesnt make you gain weight, no matter how much you eat. in fact, this chocolate boy pill helps you LOSE weight. but only if you need to.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Supplement question! I decided to try out L'arg this month and am going to drop EPO. I don't have any issues with EPO, it does seem to have helped increase my EWCM, but I want to see what L'Arginine does for me. So here's the question ... do you take L'arg every day, or only AF-O? I'm pretty sure it is everyday b/c I know on IG it doesn't mention taking it only AF-O, but I wanted to get some thoughts from ladies who have taken it.

I figured since I have so many months before I TTC I can trial-run a bunch of different supps. I think I will try out the RJ too but not til next month. I read, I think on IG, that it takes about 3 months to work though. Has anyone tried it and found it to work sooner/later or had no change?

Thanks gals!

L-Arg seems safe during pg (it's really more a vitamin than an herbal supp) but just to be on the safe side, I would slowly wean off once you get a BFP.

3 months is the length of time it takes eggs to form, so if you're taking RJ for egg quality you will prob. need to take it for 3 months. But I think it will help with overall fertility at any point. Caveat - if you have bee allergies or any allergies or anyone in your family has allergies, it's best to skip the bee products.