PDA

View Full Version : How many weeks were you when morning sickness started?

wishing on a star
April 26th, 2011, 01:20 AM
HI was just wandering how many weeks everyone was when they first showed signs of m/s?
Im currentley week 4/5 and mild m/s has started on waking! I didnt have it with my other pregnancies till about 7 weeks.
xxxxx

Freya
April 26th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I got nausea much earlier this pregnancy than with my previous one, although the nausea has been all-day and connected to foods (hot, spicy, big meals etc). I got that from like the 5th week, but I never had any trouble with my breakfast until now (8th week).

My last pregnancy, I had heartburn for weeks 6-7, and then m/s from week 8 that got bad really quickly. I'm surprised it varies so much - it feels like this time around I'm getting it diluted throughout the day instead which is a strange experience. But then I've heard it varies between pregnancies.

DoulaMama
April 26th, 2011, 01:44 AM
6 weeks on the nose with every single one. I did get a little more with my third a few days earlier but it kicked into high gear at the 6w mark. I can basically calculate my EDD based off when my m/s hits:)
Congrats on your pregnancy!!! :HH:

rainbowflower
April 26th, 2011, 02:47 AM
I didn't have any with my first pregnancy, but second pregnancy the daily vomiting started at 6-7weeks

wishing on a star
April 26th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks doula mama!!
How long dis your sickness last with each pregnancy rainbow flower?
Xxxx

Bee Shine
April 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
each pregnancy it started earlier and earlier. My first was about 8 weeks, the 2nd was about 7 and then this pregnant started around 5.

boyjoy
April 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
DD1 and DD2 right after BFP, this one around 7-8 weeks. Now it seems gone. (Thanks God)

wishing on a star
May 8th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Really hoping this eases off as quickly as it came lol, i forgot all about this patr of pregnancy! I seem to go through stages, i wake up about 5 in the morning and feel really really sick so i have a biscuit it then eases off a bit in the morning and then comes back late afternoon into the evening. I think it eased off around weeks 12/14 with ds2 hoping it passes quicker this time (wishful thinking) xx

sonshines
May 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Mine started around 6 weeks and still going and I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant. I get sick if I don't eat and get sick if I do eat. I mostly am eating fruits. Can't get enough. Im having a girl after 3 boys so maybe that's why.

Hobbermittens
May 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think I was about 6 weeks with DD1, 3 or 4 weeks with DS, and almost right off the bat with DD2.

rainbowflower
May 18th, 2011, 03:47 PM
1st pregnancy I had none, 2nd pregnancy it started from 6+3 and was being sick daily after that!

TexasMommy
May 19th, 2011, 10:11 AM
With DD1, my sickness started at 5wks & ended about 13wks
DD2, Sickness started about 6wks & went really heavy until about 12 or so weeks, I continued to have sickness throughout the whole pregnancy but it wasnt as bad as it was in the beginning.
Now pregnant with Baby#3, (not sure of the gender yet) I started getting sick before I even missed my period!! Havent had much vomiting, ive only thrown up like 3x..just tons & TONS of nausea...but im 10wks now & its starting to go away :) yay

purplepoet20
May 19th, 2011, 10:42 AM
With DS1, who was conceived in Mexico while on vacation, the morning after we got home morning sickness started at day 7. I thought it was food poisoning and so did the Drs, they did do a preg test and it was negitive. After 4 wks of being extremely sick and loosing 20lbs I went to the ER when I was complaining of really bad stomach pain and they ran a bunch of test. Ended up doing an US because they thought maybe an ectopic preg, bleeding, or something major. I was 5 wks preg... really sick for 9mths until the little monster came out.

DS2 I didn't notice much at first but a little heartburn... hubby craving chinese food was very odd (he hates it)... Dr noticed no IUD during the bi-yearly papsmear and US showed 6wk fetus... I started to get a little sick from 7wks and it stopped at 3mth. So mild I thought it had to be a girl. People say different symptoms = different gender, not true.

purplepoet20
May 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
With DD1, my sickness started at 5wks & ended about 13wks
DD2, Sickness started about 6wks & went really heavy until about 12 or so weeks, I continued to have sickness throughout the whole pregnancy but it wasnt as bad as it was in the beginning.
Now pregnant with Baby#3, (not sure of the gender yet) I started getting sick before I even missed my period!! Havent had much vomiting, ive only thrown up like 3x..just tons & TONS of nausea...but im 10wks now & its starting to go away :) yay

I just wanted to say that a lot of the "boy swaying foods" will cause bad sickness and heartburn.... red meat, salsas, greasy, and citrus foods. Maybe it's a good sign that you will have a boy!!!

fivebabies
June 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
So funny how different everyone gets it even with different pregnancies, same women, opposite genders....

DS1 - none
DS2 - none
DD - 6 weeks-14 weeks daily
DS3 - 6 weeks -18 weeks ALL DAY LONG

TTC5
June 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Around 5-7 weeks.

pastelpicnic
June 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
DS1: the morning I woke up to the 6th week until 17weeks. ( All day and night )
Angel DD: Start on the first day of 7weeks and then had a missed m/c at 11 weeks
DS2: Starting on the day of 7weeks until 14weeks

skrimpy
June 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM
DC1 - 4-5 weeks
DC2 - 4-5 weeks
DC3 - 2 weeks
DC4 - 2 weeks
DC5 - 4 weeks

stellanneedsasis
June 5th, 2011, 12:39 AM
DS~the morning I turned 6 weeks till 3 days after delivery all day long :(

3Pink1Blue
June 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
dd#1- before the bfp
dd#2- off and on from day 1
dd#3- non
dc#4- 6wks 1 day

lov2make
October 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I was about 4 weeks when I started feeling it

CapricornAquarius
October 30th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Dd1 straight away till 3months
Dd2 straight away till 3months

This pregnancy started at 6weeks, has started to subside thank goodness.

Pangea
October 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
With DS1 it started at 7 weeks and with DS2 it started at 6 weeks. It lasted until 20 weeks on both pregnancies.

love being a mummy
October 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I've never had it

prayingforblue
November 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
DD1 - 8 weeks - entire pregnancy. Needed hospitalization for dehydration and vomiting. On medication for morning sickness.
DD2 - 6 weeks - 22 weeks. On meds again for morning sickness.
DD3 - 7 weeks - 28 weeks. Trips to the hospital for fluids in my first trimester. Terrible heartburn all pregnancy. Lots of medication (Diclectin, gravol, Zantac, prevacid)
This pregnancy - my worst. Nausea started at 5 weeks, vomiting (severely) at 7 weeks. Hospitalized twice for 2 and 3 weeks. They finally put me on Stemetil suppositories which I stayed on until 22 weeks. I'm now 26 weeks and still on medication for heartburn and nausea (Diclectin and Zantac). Some days I think I'm crazy for wanting to try again for a DS.

threeatlast
November 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
I had nauses with both girls from 5 weeks until 12 weeks no vomiting. This baby 5 weeks till 23 weeks including daily vomiting until around 18 weeks now its maybe once a week :)

TTC5
November 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Right on 6 weeks!