PDA

View Full Version : What side have you heard baby heart beat on right or left?

6bluewant1pink
May 1st, 2013, 02:18 PM
I am not sure if the side means anything but today my OB used the Doppler and my baby heart beat (162) was heard on the right side. I hope it still gives me a chance for a girl since it wasn't heard on the left side:( What side was your baby heart beat heard on? Do you know your baby gender if so?

sbowman
May 1st, 2013, 08:42 PM
It was different with both pregnancies, but they were the same gender.

Wanting-a-girl
May 1st, 2013, 09:12 PM
The first time hearing this baby and ds3 they were on the left so your not out yet ... Baby moves around a lot

How many weeks are you now? Do u have a date set for gender scan? Im patiently waiting to hear :)

6bluewant1pink
May 1st, 2013, 10:41 PM
wantingagirl my 20wk scan will be late June/early July i haven't gotten a date yet. I have my 12 wk scan Monday. I am so nervous to even ask a gender guess. My MIL wants me to find out right away, She says because She needs to know if She needs to shop right away. I was like wow so if this is a boy you wouldn't want to shop:mad: I feel so pressured to have this be a girl, but i have no control over it :(

harleyquinn
May 2nd, 2013, 01:05 AM
I am 16 weeks and they hear it on the center and sometimes to the right or left. Don't drive yourself crazy because it all comes down to the ultrasound or blood test...no symptom or clue will tell you ANYTHING and all it does it drive us into the looney bin analyzing everything. I don't even think nub shots are the end all in gender guessing.

Hoping this all works out for you xx

ELP
May 2nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
I've always picked this baby up on my left side and I'm 80% its blue:)

aftmjt
May 2nd, 2013, 04:49 AM
Can't remember dd1 and dd2 but dd3 was left side

Wanting-a-girl
May 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
:( if it is a boy he will be just as special as any girl... I got a lot of that too and it's not fair and it really stressed me out! I can't wait to see. Your 12 week pics! I think ur having a girl based on your ramzi guess...

6bluewant1pink
May 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM
OMG, tomorrow morning is my 12 wk scan :nails:

Am3a
May 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I have a crazy theory... Which side do you sleep on? I used to sleep on my right side and have 2 boys. I now sleep on my left side (we moved house and I needed to be closer to the door for the kids, and I sleep facing out of the bed).

I'm wondering if it is a factor in which side of the uterus the baby implants. Realise this sounds crazy - but interested to hear your replies. :-)

atomic sagebrush
May 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM
First of all, the heartbeat does not matter at all to gender. My girl's heartbeat was actually the lowest of my 5 children and I was actually concerned at times with how slow it was compared to the others. Her heartbeat was in the 120-130 and I'd be like OMG is she dying LOL?? And they'd be, "no that's normal." A couple of my sons occasionally had HB as fast at 180 beats!!!

Secondly, you cannot tell on the basis of where they pick up the heartbeat, where the baby's placenta is. The baby moves around a lot and there's no way to know where the baby implanted.

atomic sagebrush
May 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
OMG, tomorrow morning is my 12 wk scan :nails:

Good luck!!!!

6bluewant1pink
May 5th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Am3a i always sleep on my left side kids #2-7. Boy #1 i slept on my right side.

Thanks Atomic. Your little Lady is to cute!!! I wonder are girls less active in the womb compared to boys. A lot of my boys were high heart beats. With boy #6 the nurse guessed girl early on, heart beat high 160s, no all boy. This baby heart beat 162 i hope it means girl lol. With boy #1&2 their heart beats were in the 130s OB guessed boy but that was at 8-9 months along.

NERI
May 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
hi,my boy was really quite in my womb,didnt feel him until 19 weeks.current pregnancy felt it move at 10 weeks and i have a anterior placenta now.plus my gp heard my son on the right side and its nore to the left this side.good luck

Wanting-a-girl
May 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
cant wait to see your 12 week pics tomorrow
!!!!!!

6bluewant1pink
May 5th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Wantingagirl i can wait lol

pebmcpd7
May 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Good luck 6blue!!! Will be checking in to see your update. I have my gender scan on Wednesday :nails:

6bluewant1pink
May 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks pebmcp6! I am so scared to even ask the tech for a gender guess! I know with boy #6 i found out at 13wks. I held my tears i was so shocked just knew it was a girl. Once i hit the door to walk out i cried so hard on the way to my car, people outside were looking at me like whats up with that lady lol. I just do not want a repeat of that this time "if i ask gender guess this time". I would love to cry happy tears from the moment they say girl to my drive home . Would be great to hear girl to announce it at my inlaws mothers day dinner Saturday. So i am not sure if i will even ask for a gender guess.

Good luck on your scan Wed:luck::fingers::XX:

Tree
May 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I am very interested to know this too! I found baby's hb today at 8 weeks 5 days on the left. It was hard to find as obviously still so small. I understand as the baby grows and moves around there is no way to know where the baby implanted on the bases of the Doppler alone. But surely at this gestation where the proximity of the placenta to the baby are so close its a reasonably good indication of where implantation occurred? I know Ramzi method is not 100% and I'm not letting my optimism that this might be true obstruct my questioning and theory.
What are others thoughts and experiences of hb location at an early gestation?
I only had the Doppler since DS2 and I first found him, at a similar gestation, on my right side.

Tree
May 13th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Bumpity bump. :-)

Tree
July 12th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Thought I'd update and say that I am having a girl. So perhaps at such an early gestation there 'may' be something to this... Also I ovulated from the right!!

afy
July 12th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Once again congrats to you tree!! Must be an amazing feeling!

I know this stuff isn't always at all true and there's no real way of telling.. With my DD the heart beat was felt on the left side and doc had told me which position it was.. And round about the same gestation time I heard HB with current bubs and it was on the right side.. Again this doesn't really mean much but just thought I'd add mine there.. I'm not due for a gender scan in another 2weeks..

Tree
July 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Good Luck Afy! Do update!