PDA

View Full Version : How are you and baby (or babies) doing?

aroundtheworld
May 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
I've noticed that it's been mighty quiet around here lately. How is everyone doing? Any updates? Working on any special baby projects?

cvd
May 3rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hi! Yes I guess it has been a bit quiet, other then the chit chat in the roll call thread, now that we're all just kind of waiting lol!

Me and Hudson are doing great, 18 days until my c-section. I'm pretty sore and fatigued, but surprisingly still sleeping wonderfully. I can remember being up 8-10 times a night in the 3rd tri with DS1 but this time around I'm only up once to use the washroom, maybe twice at most, it's been fantastic! Nothing else going on with me now, just anxious for the day to be here. I've been ready since like 20 weeks so now I am just relaxing and counting down :)

How are you and the twinies? Hudson's kicks and movements are now painful (sometimes takes my breath away) my doctor says he's big, she's happy I'm having him at 38+2! So what's it like having 2 in there??????

Pearl327
May 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
CVD my mum laughed at me when I told her that I was surprised I was sleeping so well this time. Apparently having one or more little kids running around all day we are much more tired then 1st time round.

My little man is doing great, he has gone from breach to head down and in the pelvic brim in a matter of 2 days. I noticed the waddle starting straight away. It will be a fun 9 weeks or so if he stays like this.

Can 2nd babies disengage themselves anyone know ?

aroundtheworld
May 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
cvd, I admit that I am very jealous of your lack of need to get up throughout the night! You must really be loving the ability to sleep well. I've never been able to sleep well during the third tri, however this time around is much worse. I absolutely CANNOT go more than an hour without getting up to pee. It's frustrating, but the flip side is that when the babies get here, I will sleep much deeper than I do now. Once there is no longer a child in my uterus (or, in this case, children), my sleep gets a million times better, despite the night feedings.

Aside from that, I am merely feeling very pregnant. haha Not bad at all, my body has just never been this pregnant before (I'm measuring 45 weeks), so there's definitely a difference. The sheer weight of what's in my uterus, plus all of the extra fluid in my limbs, is astounding. It's hard to sit down and get up! lol But I can't complain because there's nothing wrong, kwim? I am healthy, babies are healthy, we have nothing to worry about. I can handle the extra discomfort and inconveniences for a little while. I'll be just fine.

I know you must be so excited to meet your little man THIS month! So soon! I keep feeling like I have a century with my EDD being over 6 weeks away, but you'll have your baby in your arms in less than a month! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

aroundtheworld
May 3rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Can 2nd babies disengage themselves anyone know ?

Any baby can engage and disengage themselves, although it's more common with second or subsequent pregnancies.

cvd
May 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
That must be it Pearl! DS1 just wears me out, he's so hard to keep up with lol! Good to hear he is head down now! And I hear ya on the waddle, mine kicked in full force a couple weeks ago!

Aroundtheworld - Glad to hear things are going well! Measuring 45 weeks? Wow! That's so crazy! You're such a strong woman, I whine quite a bit at this stage, I should definitely take on your frame of mind because you're right, as long as our babies are ok - the inconveniences really don't matter! Just want them to be healthy and growing :)

NearlyDone
May 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM
All good 32 week growth scan said baby was already 5lb10oz so got to have the glucose tolerence test on friday(never had to have one before).....feeling good getting excited to meet all of our little ones now

aroundtheworld
May 5th, 2013, 12:02 AM
All good 32 week growth scan said baby was already 5lb10oz so got to have the glucose tolerence test on friday(never had to have one before).....feeling good getting excited to meet all of our little ones now

What a healthy boy! I hope everything goes well with the test and you get a negative result. I tested positive once, but it was a false positive. I had to do a ridiculous 3 hour blood draw where I came THISCLOSE to passing out. Ugh. Not to bombard you with a horror story! :-p I'm sure you'll be just fine.