PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting sway end sept/oct?

Funkyfry
May 3rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Hi,

We have decided to start out sway end if sept after our hols with hope to ttc in nov! Anyone else?

mom2many78
May 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM
We are waiting to TTC pink till the fall. Will probably have first attempt in September.

crazyladyneedsababy
May 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I was planning to wait until sept/oct time but im getting so broody and thinking I may move it forward to july :) ttc pink also xxx

Coyleof7
July 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Hi - TTC pink, beginning basic sway tactics now (diet etc) and going to try SI in Sept. Have 1g, 4b already x

aidansmum
August 16th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Hi. I am TTC Pink starting first cycle Sept as well :)

Bayoudancer
August 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hi... I am having my tubal reversal on September 13 and then well be ready to start TTC as soon as the dr tells me I'm healed! :)

Oh and I started the LE diet on Thursday the 22! I also bought a personalized plan but haven't gotten it yet... I'm so ready to start trying its ridiculous! But I'm nervous too!

BabyGirlin2013
August 27th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I am starting my sway now. I ovulate around September 16th so hopefully I get a BFP by the end of September!!!!

Two of a Kind
August 28th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Hey, I am came off birth control this week :) so officially starting my sway. Although I am not sure when I will ovulate as tandem feeding my boys. Will just keep with the LE diet ( have lost a total of 20 lbs) in past three months & wait & see if/when I ovulate :) good luck every one

onemoretry
September 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I am starting my first attempt in October! Should be around the second week. Started the diet two weeks ago for a girl. Newer to this site.... we have two DS's and I would love to add a DD to our brood. But this is my last babe for sure (although my husband would probably go for four if I gave the okay!)

Bayoudancer
September 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Onemoretry you and I sound exactly alike! DH would definitely go for 4 if I'd let him lol... I'm supposed to ovulate around second week in October as well! I have my preop appt on sept 27 and can't bd until then.... Since I'm having my reversal on Friday we have to be very careful in the next few days because I could end up preggo too soon!! Anyway so excited for all that to happen and praying that the surgery is indeed a success!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Sweet mummy
September 16th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi ladies, I'm also hoping to ttc Sep/Oct as DS2 has just turned 13 months old and is still bf so PPAF hasn't turned up yet. Thinking it will arrive when he turns 14 months as it did when DS1 turned that age. Been on diet since January but lost loads of weight too quickly so have been quite relaxed recently. If AF does return may toughen it up a bit and get back on track. Most of the other ladies I thought I was going to be cycle buddies with when I first joined this site are already pg and halfway through their pregnancies so hoping it's me next!!

So excited yet so scared!!! Good luck to us all xxx

onemoretry
September 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Sweet mummy are you still nursing? Hope af returns soon!

Bayou dancer that's exciting!!' Hope everything goes well and as planned!!!!

Bayoudancer
September 16th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks onmoretry.... Well was ok definitely not like I expected... I was thinking it would all be laparoscopic and only be 3-4 days off work... Turns out it was full abdominal surgery and 2 weeks off work! They cut me on my csection scar!!! Needless to say I was in total shock... But the good news is that the dr was able to repair both tubes! He wants us to try with the next cycle (which we were already planning) only think is that it kinda messed with my sway so well see!! I know all this pain will be worth it when I'm holding another little bundle whether it is pink or blue!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Sweet mummy
September 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Sweet mummy are you still nursing? Hope af returns soon!

Yes I am! I do wonder if I should stop but then I know this sways pink :worry:

Your DH sounds lovely...I had to beg mine for DS2 and so far I'm having to beg for another LO which means he won't take supps or anything boo! Hopefully he'll come on board soon!

Tmolly
September 18th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hi Ladies,
I'm new here and planning to ttc in mid-late October (I'm on CD15 today, and still haven't Oed). Hoping desperately for a little girl. My son is 28 months old and still nurses to sleep, middle of night, and morning (breastfeeding sways pink, right?). I'm really late on starting all the swaying tactics. I came across this website months ago, got completely overwhelmed and basically hid under a rock until a few days ago. Trying to catch up now! :-)

Bayoudancer
September 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I totally know what you mean tmolly... I'm on cd 14 right now too and still no o... I started doing opks yesterday as I noticed some ewcm... Started the supps a few days ago... Atomic wanted me wait till I was a healed a little from surgery because they may increase bleeding.. But so far they haven't.. I know the folic acid, Metamucil, and pregnitude are ok to take bc dr wanted me to take prenatals etc... Anyway our first attempt will be mid to late October! I am so excited about it! No intercourse for me for 4/6 weeks until I am healed so it'll be perfect timing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tmolly
September 19th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Wow Bayoudancer, I admire how you're bouncing right back after surgery! Hope you have smooth, boring recovery. :-)
The only supp I'm taking so far is Folic Acid, and I bought some Zyrtec to take AF-O next cycle. My husband is taking Licorice Root, Calcium and Magnesium. I'm planning to use Rephresh every 3 days, have my husband abstain for 7 or more days, then at +OPK, BD standing up in a hot shower. But now I don't know... maybe that's too much to actually get pregnant? Wondering if I should sneak in a second attempt somewhere or drop one of these tactics. Hmmm, decisions, decisions....

Bayoudancer
September 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks... Today was the first day I've felt ok... Pretty sore and bruised but I'm making it... I know it's tough to decide which sway tactics to use... DH and I are both taking supps, I was planning in doing rephrase but now I don't know if I'll be able to do that... Well have to see about that one.. Dr wants us to bd every other day cd 10-20... Atomic suggested every 3 days so I know what you mean about all the different decisions... Sigh... I started taking opks a few days ago and still nothing... I'm on cd15 today.. I'm hoping the pregnitude will help me with my cycles but well see about that as well... I'm trying to stick with the diet as much as possible but it's been really hard because I have to eat every so often while on these meds...

Tmolly
September 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM
CD18 and I FINALLY get a positive OPK. But barely any CM, and it's dry/tacky. Is that normal?

Bayoudancer
September 21st, 2013, 08:27 PM
Hi tmolly.. I'm jealous! I have GOBS of EWCM but NO positive opk... We're not ttc this monthbut using this as a test run so to speak lol... I'm hoping to get a + soon... I'm using ICs right now but will probably buy a pack of digitals next month just to confirm o... Anyway to answer your question I think that is normal... Not everyone gets ewcm when they o... Everyone's cm is different and if your taking supps especially sudafed it'll dry up cm which is what you want for TTC pink :)

onemoretry
September 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM
This is my first month on the diet and supplements and I hardly had any ewcm... i guess that's good for swaying pink! :) must mean thigns are working. I usually have gobs of it too... I had three days of positive opks... they didn't work for me when ttc ds2 so i was a little worried but apparently they are working. but now i am confused as to when i ovulated bc they were positive so long and don't necessarily seem to correspond with my chart. Ugh! bayou hope you get a positive opk too... this was also my trial month. i used wondfos and bought about a million of them. so far so good.

onemoretry
September 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
OH and sweet mummy are you still nursing at night? if you are quitting the night feedings will prob bring af back.... at least it does for a lot! i didn't have af for 18 months after both of my kids and nursing

Bayoudancer
September 21st, 2013, 10:12 PM
Wondfos... I guess I need to try them... I just bought some like 50 and 10 pregnancy test for like $13... I guess they are working lol.. With no + opk it's hard to tell... I think my line today was a wee bit darker than previous days... Guess well see tomorrow.. How often are you testing? I'm testing once a day for now and then once I start seeing a darker line then ill test more often.. Debating whether or not to get digis for this month too so I'll know for sure as my dr recommended them.. When we were TTC ds2 I had 10 days of + opks turned out it was because of all the cysts I had.. I'm hoping I get one day this go round cause that would really mess up me having one attempt lol

Bayoudancer
September 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Well I think I got my first positive opk today! Too bad we can't bd yet...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/22/ahyheber.jpg

Tmolly
September 22nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Same here, this is my test month to see what my cycle is like.

At first, I bought a pack of 7 First Response tests for like $22 dollars at Target (the cheapest OPK they had). I didn't realize I'd run out so fast, so ordered those 50 OPK + 10 pg tests from Amazon (the top selling one, don't think it's Wondfo though). THEN I panicked that they wouldn't get here in time to fully track this cycle, so I ran into CVS for more test strips (they had their own generic brand, $23 for 20 strips). And I swear, 4 hours after buying the CVS ones (and already using one), my Amazon package arrived! Ugh!

I was testing once a day, but increased it whenever I saw a medium dark line.

As for my pos OPK yesterday, it was followed by two very neg OPKs (6 and 8 hours later -- tested so close bc I wanted to be sure, and to try the Amazon ones I got), and then another strong pos OPK this morning. I'm guessing that once the LH surges, it can fluctuate, but the timing of ovulation should still be based on the first pos OPK, right? I'm trying to post a photo of the tests...

Tmolly
September 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
It's hard to read what I wrote on the test strips, I should tape them to paper or something. And timing is so sporadic bc I was trying to ration the tests at first, then got a bunch and started testing like crazy.
The strips read:
CD18 11:10am -- Positive
CD18 5:05pm -- Negative
CD18 7:40pm -- Negative (was more obviously negative at testing time)
CD19 10:10am -- Positive (got so used to writing CD18, oops!)

onemoretry
September 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
I tested three times a day around the time I knew I would O (so starting on day 11 I tested three times a day... yikes! THat's why I got the cheapies lol). I did not have a positive ever when trying for my first, and the ob ended up testing me to see if i was ovulating (i was! and i was actually pregnant :)! So this time around I figured I would test a lot. Ha! i had a definitive negative in the am, but by 2 pm the test was positive on CD 12. I got the wondfos on ebay I think it was 50 opks and 10 or 20 preg tests for $20. Not bad. I tried all the expensive ones when I was ttc ds2 and since they didnt' work for me i figured ICs would be the best route!

Bayoudancer
September 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Well here is my definite + taken at 7:30pm... I wonder how many + I'll get this month lol... I had 10 days of + when TTC ds2!

So it looks like we have the same schedule! We od at the same time hopefully well all get our bfps the same time too!!! Who is TTC this month? And who is waiting till next month?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/23/ymu7yqun.jpg

I Love Ladybugs
September 22nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Hi ladies, I'm also hoping to ttc Sep/Oct as DS2 has just turned 13 months old and is still bf so PPAF hasn't turned up yet. Thinking it will arrive when he turns 14 months as it did when DS1 turned that age. Been on diet since January but lost loads of weight too quickly so have been quite relaxed recently. If AF does return may toughen it up a bit and get back on track. Most of the other ladies I thought I was going to be cycle buddies with when I first joined this site are already pg and halfway through their pregnancies so hoping it's me next!!

So excited yet so scared!!! Good luck to us all xxx

I can't wait until you get your BFP and I can stalk you away to your little girl!!!!

Tmolly
September 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Yay, bayoudancer! Hope we all get BFPs next month!

Sweet mummy
October 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
OH and sweet mummy are you still nursing at night? if you are quitting the night feedings will prob bring af back.... at least it does for a lot! i didn't have af for 18 months after both of my kids and nursing

I'm so lazy I do still bf at night lol In a couple days DS2 will be 14 months old and this is when AF returned with DS1 so got everything crossed she rears her ugly head :)

Sweet mummy
October 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM
How is everyone doing?? Just found out a friend is getting her girl after three boys! (Ok they've all got different dads but still...she gets to buy pink!!!)

Hoping this is the case for all of us soon!!! Xx

Bayoudancer
October 6th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Today is cd1 for me!! So we get to start TTC in just a few short weeks!!! I can't believe it! I'm so nervous about the whole thing! You'd think it would be our first lol... I was starting to get really relaxed about the whole thing.. My diet and supps are still going great but just relaxing my mindset about the whole thing... And then cd1 came and I'm like omg!! Here we go!!! Lol... Anyone else feel this way?

Sweet mummy
October 9th, 2013, 07:57 AM
How exciting Bayou! DS2 is 14months old today so hoping I can start my countdown soon!

Fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you xx

Bayoudancer
October 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks sweet!! When are y'all going to start TTC?

Tmolly
October 10th, 2013, 12:21 AM
My cycle started on Oct 1st, which makes it easy to keep track of my cycle day, at least -- "Oct 10th? I'm on cd10!" ;-p
I'm going to start using my OPKs tomorrow, as well as start using Rephresh tomorrow night. Hoping to ovulate between cd16-cd19, but we'll see.
I originally planned to abstain and have one attempt at pos OPK, but I really really want to get pg this month, so I'm on the fence about more attempts. One of my closest friends just announced that she's 5 weeks pg, so now I really feel like the pressure's on -- MUST GET PREGNANT! Lol...
I'm wondering if we should try something like "hurry-up CFR" 1 or 2 days after our first attempt, just to get a second attempt in there and hopefully not swaying too blue. Or just BD through O and continue using Rephresh to try to keep the environment girl-friendly? Ugh, decisions, decisions...
What are you ladies doing?

Sweet mummy
October 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks sweet!! When are y'all going to start TTC?

Hoping soon! Been "swaying" so long I'm going to have to get serious when AF does show up and will probably ttc when I feel like I've really depleted my conditions because I still feel quite healthy and in buy territory iykwim x

Tmolly
October 11th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Sweet mummy, hope AF pays you a visit soon. :-) My period also came back when DS was 14 months. At 2.5, he still nurses to sleep, nap, and in the morning. Oh, and all of a sudden, he wants to nurse whenever he's a little cranky or doesn't get what he wants (2 yr molars are coming in, or maybe he senses he won't be an only child forever??). Hope that doesn't mess with my ovulation too much. :-/

Bayoudancer
October 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM
How is everyone doing?! Im cd12 and so ready for our first attempt! I'm not getting my hopes up for the first try but a girl can dream lol... Since starting the diet I have lost 13 pounds even without exercising... I'm hoping that's enough cause I'm still really sore from surgery so working out is just not an option right now... Anyway hope everyone is well!

Bayoudancer
October 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Cd15 and just did our attempt... Got my positive opk! Let the count down begin!!!

Tmolly
October 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
I also had what I think was my first real attempt last night (cd20 for me). Hope there was lots of pink dust in the air!

I had a scare a week ago when I started using Rephresh and got a bunch of EWCM with a tiny streak if blood in it. I was concerned that I may have ovulated early and the OPKs just didn't catch the LH surge. It was cd14 and DH had only abstained 5 days at that point, but we made an attempt anyway bc didn't want to miss ovulation entirely. But since I got a definite positive OPK yesterday, I'm hoping that the incident last week was just a false alarm (Rephresh can cause funny discharge).

I used a full applicator of Rephresh 13 hours before my attempt yesterday, I hope that makes up for the fact that DH didn't abstain or FR beforehand (he was taking Licorice Root though). I've also had a horrible cold for over 2 weeks now. Could barely fall asleep from my headache last night, but afraid to take any painkillers in case they affect ovulation in any way.

Is anyone here planning a second attempt? I know one attempt is best, but I really want to get pregnant this month and I'm considering a second attempt in a day or two to "seal the deal." Maybe I'll have DH do hurry-up CFR first. What do you all think?

Bayoudancer
October 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM
I've thought about having a second attempt too but DH is working tonight and this is our first month TTC so I decided not to... I got another positive opk today and AS said if I got three days positives then to go for another attempt so well see what tomorrow brings! I too hope there was LOTS of pink dust!!!

If your really wanting to get preggo this month then maybe another attempt would be good... As AS says there is no magic bullet.. People get girls all the time from more than one attempt.. Just depends on what your comfortable with! I really really really want to get pregnant by January at the latest... To the point that I'd consider waiting several months to try again.. Is that bad?! Ds1 was born in December and with thanksgiving and Christmas that time of year of year is really hard I couldn't imagine having another birthday to celebrate lol but god has a plan so who knows! Ds2 was born in March so at least there is a 3 month gap between their bdays... Im really hoping for a summer/early fall baby!

Bayoudancer
October 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Well no temp shift this am so I still haven't od yet... I'll test again and if positive opk then well bd again...

Sweet mummy
October 23rd, 2013, 03:08 AM
OMG Tmolly how exciting!! Did you end up doing another attempt? Fx this is your girl!!

Bayoudancer what about you? Have you had another attempt too? So excited for you both!

Haven't been on here much recently as no sign of AF and my diet has been anything BUT LE and the guilt sets in when I eat meat lol so just trying to relax and not think about ttc and just hope she turns up! By now with DS1 I had a period...a very short and light one but it helped me know I was back on track to ttc DS2. Anywho, everything happens for a reason right!? Just wondering if being 45kgs, which is the lowest adult weight I have ever been might have something to do with it? Sigh!

Tmolly
October 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Sweet mummy. :) I ended up having the DARKEST EVER pos OPK on CD22, so I decided to attempt again. I've read on other threads that your body can "gear up" to ovulate and then stop for some reason, only to have a successful surge later. Since I'm still breastfeeding, I thought that maybe that's what happened here. So the waiting begins... :fingers:

Hoping your cycles come back soon. I wish I was active on this forum months before my attempt -- maybe then I would've avoided the obsessive reading-at-all-hours-of-the-night that went on as I tried to "cram" for this sway, lol. :oops:

Sweet mummy
October 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I've got everything crossed for you Tmolly that this is your month!!

What did you do differently this time around from when you conceived your DS?

Tmolly
October 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Sweet mummy! Hmm, when I conceived my son, I didn't know much about swaying, just a little bit about Shettles. I wasn't tracking my ovulation or anything, just assumed my cycle was pretty normal (plus it was my first cycle ttc after getting off BC (Loestrin). So we DTD every day or every other day the weeks before my assumed fertile time, skipping the 4 or so days I thought I might be most fertile. Of course, now I know that my timing could've been all off since I have no idea when I ovulated. I've been vegetarian my whole life, and was vegan-leaning by the time my son was conceived. So lots of healthy fruits, dark green leafy veggies, beans, nuts, quinoa, organic non-GMO tofu, nutritional yeast... And I ALWAYS had a big bowl of oatmeal with nuts, ground flax or chia seeds, fresh fruit and soymilk. Uuugh, I miss my breakfast!

This time around, for my LE diet, I've cut out all these "superfoods," and buy lots of empty carbs, light yogurt, diet coke... we never even had soda in our house, so when I picked up the diet coke, I felt like I was buying a carton of cigarettes!! :o

Hoping that diet + DH's licorice root + Rephresh will make up for my botched attempts at timing and frequency. Only time will tell... I hope I can report back in a week or so with a BFP! :fingers:

Sweet mummy
November 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Keep us posted!! Sounds like a very healthy lifestyle before your sway so pretty sure you're on the right track to a DG this time xx

Bayoudancer
November 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
11dpo and BFN... So I'm counting myself out this month! :( what cd/dpo is everyone?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tmolly
November 6th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Well, my period started 2 days ago, so no BFP this month. :-/

For this new cycle, I think I'll skip Rephresh and make as many attempts as possible. It was really tough to pinpoint when/if I ovulated last month, and I got really obsessive about those ovulation strips. I'm going to try to give up a little control this month because all this micro-managing and tracking every spoonful of food that I've been doing cannot be good for a pink sway.

I'm also wondering if I should get a dream membership. For those of you that have it, do you think it would help or hinder an obsessive-type person? Does it make swaying easier or more nuanced? What have you found to be most useful about it?

Sweet mummy
November 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Sorry you didn't get BFPs ladies! Another month to perfect your sway :)

I have bought a PP and it has been really good...tells me what to do, how to do it and when to do it. Really takes the stress out of swaying but of course no AF has meant I haven't had a chance to "use" it properly yet as I've been too strict and lost too much weight too quickly.

The dream membership just allowed me to access different forums to get more support really which as also been a plus!

Thinking about it today 11 months I'm on an LE type diet wowsers!!!